U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2011, 09:33 AM

3 posts, read 5,957 times

Advertisements

Any portuguese people living around Buckhead? Please email me if so... rachel8830@aol.com Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 02:32 PM

13 posts, read 62,723 times
Not sure of anyone living in Buckhead, but there is a Portuguese community in Atlanta.. They do quite allot of get-togethers I just haven't had the chance to attend any yet. We live about 2 hours south of Atlanta, so its difficult to go at times.. They have a group on Facebook "Portugueses em Atlanta" Request friendship I know we have something happening in September...

Old 06-27-2011, 03:02 PM

13 posts, read 62,723 times
There is a market in Dunwoody GA here is there link... Hope it helps some of you out in Atlanta area..
www.pereirasmarket.com

Old 12-02-2011, 08:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,737 times
Kristy, we too are from your area, grew up in New Bedford and moved to Dartmouth, now live here in Gainesville Ga, moved here in 1997. There is a Portuguese club and we meet at least 2 times a year. I'll love to talk to you sometime. [EMAIL=[EMAIL="d2gagos@comcast.net"]d2gagos@comcast.net[/EMAIL]]
Sally

Old 12-02-2011, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,737 times
Kristy, we too are from your area, grew up in New Bedford and moved to Dartmouth, now live here in Gainesville Ga. There is a Portuguese Community, well sort of and we meet at least 2 times a year.
The following will give you some information as to when the next meeting is. The last time
we had a gathering it was at their restaurant. I believe his name is Manuel.
Pereira's Market
4947 Winters Chapel Rd.
Dunwoody, GA 30360

Phone: 770-354-1647
Fax: 678-205-0184

[email]d2gagos@comcast.net[/email] is my e-mail in case you would like to talk. Sally

Old 12-20-2011, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 4,603 times
Hi everybody! My name is Otilia, but everybody calls me Tillie. My husband, daughter and I moved to Acworth, GA last year from New Bedford, Ma. It's definitely been tough adjusting to not having everything Portuguese all around us! I've recently found Pereira's Market online and we're going there soon, and I also found a Portuguese Restaurant in Sandy Springs called Sabores Portugal! Can't wait to go there! I would love to meet some other Portuguese people in the area, I do have a Brazilian neighbor who I love speaking Portuguese with but it's just not the same. My email is tilliestonge@comcast.net if anybody would like to talk! Tillie

Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,288 times
I'm so glad I found forum! I moved from New Bedford, MA to Pittsburgh, PA in 1992. I was in Pittsburgh until 2006 when we moved to Sugar Hill, GA. I'm so happy to find this information on the Portuguese community in the area. My girl scout troop is doing Portugal as our country for World Thinking Day this year, so I'm busy gathering information and items for our booth. Of course, most of my Portuguese items are with my parents in New Bedford so it's making things interesting. I'll be taking a ride to Pereira's (which happens to be my maiden name!) market in the next few days. I'd love to meet up with people as well.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,603 times
I am so excited to see other fellow New Bedford folk on here!!! I would love get to know you guys! Tillie

Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 6,109 times
A great Portuguese restaurant just opened up in the Sandy Springs area, on Roswell Road near Tony's sports bar and Publix, named Emidio's Restaurant. Really nice family running the place, and great Portuguese, Spanish and Mediterranean food. They have a number of daily specials that change often, and when I went they were serving Bacalhau A Gomes de Sa, Carne Alentejana, and a great Caldo Verde, and they said they will be making those three for the whole weekend. They also have the best home made sangria I've had. Seems like they're a restaurant really trying to bring in the Portuguese community, and I would recommend them to any friend, any day. All their info is available on Facebook if you search for "Emidio's Restaurant"

Thanks,
Laura

Old 12-17-2014, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,142 times
I'm portugues ,and I would like to find a portugues clud /community ,in Atlanta area ..returants ,and groceries store ...where I can buy all the portugues goodies ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or