Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times

Advertisements

If I could do it over again, I would have gone to marriage counseling earlier so the ex wouldnt have left and then taken the kids to TX so I could still be in Atlanta. I miss my home!

I guess we all have that inner thing that home is home and another locale will never replace it, sort of the evil step mother thing. You folks who don't like Atlanta, come switch places with me in TX, I wanna go home!

Last edited by Saintmarks; 08-06-2008 at 05:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 06:11 PM

48 posts, read 218,267 times
I would live closer to city center. Driving from Snellville to downtown was hellish.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times
I'd live or Morningside or Virginia Highlands. I do really like East Cobb (schools rock) but I'd like to live closer to downtown for access to events and restaurants. A little more diversity would be nice. I think as a family we would be more inclined to take advantage of city festivals and other stuff. I don't feel like I am giving Atlanta a fair chance as a city being out here in the burbs.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:57 AM

111 posts, read 532,108 times
Hmm - I would have made sure we waited a little while - gotten a house for under $150 instead of under $200 - and used the best to pickup some of these beat up intown foreclosures and jsut sit on them.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:25 AM

513 posts, read 1,631,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
I'd live or Morningside or Virginia Highlands.
I opened the thread to say the same thing. Even though I didn't have a lot of money when I moved here in 1989, I wish I had scraped up anything I could to purchase a house in that area. It's not something I can even consider now... and I even have some bucks.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoufromNewYork View Post
Hmm - I would have made sure we waited a little while - gotten a house for under $150 instead of under $200 - and used the best to pickup some of these beat up intown foreclosures and jsut sit on them.
It's still not too late to pick up the beat up intown foreclosures, or is it?

Old 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
If I could do it over again, I would have gone to marriage counseling earlier so the ex wouldnt have left and then taken the kids to TX so I could still be in Atlanta. I miss my home!

I guess we all have that inner thing that home is home and another locale will never replace it, sort of the evil step mother thing. You folks who don't like Atlanta, come switch places with me in TX, I wanna go home!
Hey, I know how you feel. I recently moved back here, because small town life didn't agree with me. Be cool in TX.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:48 PM

308 posts, read 1,037,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
I'd live or Morningside or Virginia Highlands. I do really like East Cobb (schools rock) but I'd like to live closer to downtown for access to events and restaurants. A little more diversity would be nice. I think as a family we would be more inclined to take advantage of city festivals and other stuff. I don't feel like I am giving Atlanta a fair chance as a city being out here in the burbs.
People thinking about moving here should read this twice. You have to check the commute out.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:54 PM

171 posts, read 663,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
It's still not too late to pick up the beat up intown foreclosures, or is it?
No it's not too late, you do have to get out there and look, I would predict (this my own opinion) that when the beltline project gets straighten out and built, those properties (foreclosure or not )not far from the future beltline will see an increase in property values. Along with the the future price of gas raising above $7-$8 mark.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:22 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,523,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblinwreck17 View Post
People thinking about moving here should read this twice. You have to check the commute out.
We did check it out. It would have been fine. I was nervous about the schools. We only had a very short time to make a decision. Got the relo call about a week before Christmas and hubby started right after New Years. Also there wasn't much on the market in January. We really miss being able to walk to stores and restaurants and neighbors being out and about.

I do like where I live like I said before and maybe this choice was the right one for us for now. Maybe when the nest is empty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta