U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 01:09 PM

12 posts, read 70,249 times

Advertisements

Thinking of moving to the Lawrenceville Ga area zip code 30044-Can anyone tell me about this area? Also, does anyone know about the Patriot Pointe townhome community?

Old 01-25-2007, 01:46 PM

985 posts, read 5,218,514 times
It looks like that it is in cedar hill elementary, Richards middle and Central Gwinnett school district. It is not exact the best schools in gwinnett. That's only concern I have. I don't know enough to tell whether it is good neighborhood or not.

If stay in Lawrenceville, I would pick either Collins Hill or Peachtree Ridge high school districts. Just my two cents.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:22 PM

4 posts, read 31,586 times
I live in Patriots Point. What would you like to know?

Old 01-26-2007, 03:26 AM

Thanks for the response- Please tell me everthing about the area, is it quite, is it a gated community, if not, do you feel safe? What was your experience with the builders, what do feel about the quality of the townhomes? I see the quality of schools plays a major part in where you live, I have NO KIDS, and SINGLE, so in a sense schools are not an issue, except maybe if I plan to sell the townhome within the next 5yrs, I wonder if the school districts will play a major role in the resale value of the townhome. Please tell me more...tell me how long does it take you to get to downtown Atlanta? etc..

Old 01-26-2007, 04:51 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,799,557 times
The biggest challenge with property value for you may not be the schools, but whether or not there is much new multi-family ownership housing being built (or planned) for the area. In the Atlanta area, new is almost always considered better and people will stretch to afford it rather than buy resales. I recently heard that this January there is nearly 25 percent more multi-family housing on the market than this time last year.

Old 01-27-2007, 01:31 AM

5 posts, read 54,289 times
Default Re-locating

Quote:
Originally Posted by godivagirl View Post
Thinking of moving to the Lawrenceville Ga area zip code 30044-Can anyone tell me about this area? Also, does anyone know about the Patriot Pointe townhome community?
I have been looking at the surrounding suburbs of Atlanta also. So far I like what I see, but will not be 100% sure until I get a personal feel for the various communities.
The best advice was from someone who suggested rent first then choose where to settle. Another said make extensive trips around various towns and compare the pros and cons-schools, travel, diversity, conservative, population, social life, etc.

Any which way, relocating to Atlanta is an exciting prospect for me. My first priority is to have the best possible job transfer from NYC.
All the best!

Old 01-28-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godivagirl View Post
Thanks for the response- Please tell me everthing about the area, is it quite, is it a gated community, if not, do you feel safe? What was your experience with the builders, what do feel about the quality of the townhomes? I see the quality of schools plays a major part in where you live, I have NO KIDS, and SINGLE, so in a sense schools are not an issue, except maybe if I plan to sell the townhome within the next 5yrs, I wonder if the school districts will play a major role in the resale value of the townhome. Please tell me more...tell me how long does it take you to get to downtown Atlanta? etc..
I am single with no kids as well. It is also very quite here. This is not a gated community but I have no reason to feel unsafe. I think the quality of the townhomes are great. They seem small from the outside but are very large on the inside. This is bigger than the single family home I own in Orlando. I didn't have an issue with the builder but I did with the sales agents. They had a tendency of screwing up things I had asked for. But everything worked out in the end. Luckily I had a realtor that looked out for my best interests.

With no traffic I can get to downtown in 30 minutes. But I will say the commute on I 85 during rush hour is horrendous. I like the area and feel that I am conveniently located. Gwinnett Place Mall and Discover Mills are in the surrounding area. There are also other stores in close proximity. I think you would like it.

Old 01-28-2007, 12:59 PM

Thanks for your input about Patriot Point townhomes.... I too, am from Orlando. Will be moving soon. Looking forward to viewing the townhomes in person.

Old 01-28-2007, 07:22 PM

No problem at all. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me. How did you hear about Patriots Point?

Old 01-30-2007, 12:20 PM

I searched the internet for townhomes in the Lawrenceville area. I have visited the area, so I am somewhat familiar with area. Just curious what kinds of problems did you encounter with the sales agent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or