U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2007, 04:02 PM

29 posts, read 139,168 times

Advertisements

We're just beginning to look into areas around Atlanta to move to with our family. I understand East Cobb is considered a good area and I'm wondering what school districts are considered best. We'd be looking to buy a house right around 300K - is that likely to get us in a good area? Also, what would the commute be downtown for my husband. He'd be working on Courtland Street off 85.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 05:55 PM

426 posts, read 2,112,980 times
The best schools in East Cobb are in The Walton High cluster...but $300K won't go far there at all. The Lassiter cluster has excellent schools to but is becoming as expensive as the Walton area. You might still be able to find an older home in the Pope and Sprayberry districts though. Pope has better schools but Sprayberry is more affordable.

The commute downtown from th more affordable parts of East Cobb could take like 45 minutes to an hour. The close in parts of East Cobb(Walton and Wheeler's districts) are very expensive.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:30 AM

3 posts, read 9,556 times
Sope Creek Elem., Dickerson Middle and Walton High are listed as the number one schools in Cobb County. I teach in the district and my kids attend. The average cost of a decent home in the area starts in the mid $400's. However, you can easily get into a pretty decent older home in high $2-$300's according to my husband who is a real estate agent. It's still a buyer's market out there. As far as the commute, a solid hour is about right, especially with the traffic. The good thing about it is that the area is located close to the highway. You would be probably taking I-285 from Riverside Drive. Good Luck.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:40 AM

7 posts, read 23,256 times
Default East Cobb Schools

You will definitely find something nice in the $300-$350 range in Walton or Pope. Those same homes would have sold for $50k more last year. I'm an agent and work that part of Cobb county consistently.

There are 3 excellent high school systems. Walton is the furthest south in East Cobb, followed by Pope, and Lassiter. My advice though is when you see something good, jump on it.

<mod cut- advertising is not permitted>

Have a great week!

Last edited by BobKovacs; 04-22-2009 at 07:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or