U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:51 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,551,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post

You mean you are tired of listening "Homies over H**s" and "Booty Butt Cheeks?"
If im in the strip club then by all means Booty Butt Cheeks it is, but when I wake to Ryan Cameron?? Um NO MAN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 AM

21,101 posts, read 33,079,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I think this is a new trend, because a few guys at my job say Atlanta was not always about "flexing" their words not mine.

Ill also touch on something Greg the Mod said about Whites VS Blacks. Ive never had this much animosity towards whites when I lived in Florida, maybe because a lot of florida whites are poorer whites or most of them were from Cali or New York. They were a lot different then the Georgia white people who try to talk down to blacks in subtle ways. I wont say the major company I work for, but these white folks in this building have a lot of guts when they speak in the office. Some of the things they say and how they say things makes me want to slap the crap out of them. Im sure it goes both ways especially with what Greg said about Government jobs which are actually given to people who are voted in so they try to keep the whites out. Atlanta & Georgia has issues with race.
Here are a pair of tweezers. It will help to remove that enormous bug you have up your ass.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 AM

3,315 posts, read 3,779,051 times
Quote:
If im in the strip club then by all means Booty Butt Cheeks it is, but when I wake to Ryan Cameron?? Um NO MAN.
LOL!!!!!

Or they play gospel early in the morning or on Sundays, followed up with Booty Butt Cheeks.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:57 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,063,255 times
Quote:
You all are hanging out with the wrong crowds. That's like if you are hanging out on Bankhead complaining about it being too many thugs in Atlanta or if you live in Midtown and complaining about it being too many gays. Stop hanging out with the thugs and stop going to boogie events and you will not even see that crowd. The places I go to I never see that crowd. I go to MJQ, El Bar, Clermont Lounge, EAV, Edgewood, Old School Saturday, etc and I never see that crowd.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
LOL!!!!!

Or they play gospel early in the morning or on Sundays, followed up with Booty Butt Cheeks.

20% of the people at church were at the strip club the prior night.

I hate when I forget to turn off the ratchet radio stations when Im pulling up to church

Old 12-05-2013, 12:03 PM

3,315 posts, read 3,779,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
You all are hanging out with the wrong crowds. That's like if you are hanging out on Bankhead complaining about it being too many thugs in Atlanta or if you live in Midtown and complaining about it being too many gays. Stop hanging out with the thugs and stop going to boogie events and you will not even see that crowd. The places I go to I never see that crowd. I go to MJQ, El Bar, Clermont Lounge, EAV, Edgewood, Old School Saturday, etc and I never see that crowd.
He's not talking about the crowd, he's talking about the music. I've never set foot in Bankhead or any ghetto area to hang out. I live in and mostly hang out in Buckhead and all I hear is crap Top 40 and southern rap garbage even there. I don't listen to rap, hip hop or R&B at all, but it seems even in Buckhead that's all they play.

I like going to the Star Bar and Clermont Lounge for the music. MJQ has been hit or miss for me. Some nights I like it, some I don't.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
He's not talking about the crowd, he's talking about the music. I've never set foot in Bankhead or any ghetto area to hang out. I live in and mostly hang out in Buckhead and all I hear is crap Top 40 and southern rap garbage even there. I don't listen to rap, hip hop or R&B at all, but it seems even in Buckhead that's all they play.

I like going to the Star Bar and Clermont Lounge for the music. MJQ has been hit or miss for me. Some nights I like it, some I don't.
Like I said, plenty of events are here but you have to know about the good stuff. Take this weekend for example....If people are complaining about music they are not looking hard enough. Look at all these good music events that I'm going to this weekend.

HIP.HOUSE.SOUL.BEATS.
https://www.facebook.com/events/5530...ilter=upcoming

BOOM BAP!! 90's & CLASSIC HIPHOP BEATS & RHYMES AT P'CHEEN
https://www.facebook.com/events/6274...ilter=upcoming

Soulful House Music
https://www.facebook.com/events/1853...ilter=upcoming

SUNDAY DINNER ATL's ANNUAL KINGS & QUEEN 45s BATTLE
https://www.facebook.com/events/1809...ilter=upcoming

Old 12-05-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrudaluknglass View Post
the dude that talked about "reverse discrimination" sounds like bitter George zimmerman. Let us all not forget what happens when certain groups of people feel threatened by progress and growth. If anything Atlanta represents just that when it comes to educated and successful minorities, which are inclusive of people who range from indian, black, asian, and Hispanic. The concept of" reverse discrimination" is just a cop out for your insecurities and those of others who feel uncomfortable that once oppressed groups of people are striving and no longer settling for the bottom...snitch!
I disagree and I think you and I are both black. I can see blacks taking revenge on whites and visa versa. I dont know if its Obama or what, but these white people in Georgia "Dont Like Black People"
(in my Kanye West voice) It aint all kumbaya like some posters would like you to think. You know what I dont even think this is just a Georgia thing. I am just speaking on personal experiences. Some of the fragmented governments in Atlanta metro are ran by black, but the local Fortune 500 Corporate American companies are a totally different story.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
Shut the fuqq up man! Tony you have been saying that crap forever dude. Wrong crowd? dude I have no crowd. Its just me solo...SOLO...do you know what SOLO means?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Shut the fuqq up man! Tony you have been saying that crap forever dude. Wrong crowd? dude I have no crowd. Its just me solo...SOLO...do you know what SOLO means?
Who is tony?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or