U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:31 AM

2 posts, read 2,945 times

Advertisements

These posters pooh-poohing Tucker are flat out wrong. It's not dangerous and the schools are rated very highly. Locally we do not have the traffic congestion that any of the northern suburbs suffer and no one is "fleeing". Our community is extremely friendly and diverse. Neighborhood watches are active and we have great mom-and-pop businesses like produce stands, butchers, and restaurants. The homes tend to be large and well-built four-sided brick, depending on where you look.

Many of us don't want cityhood because we don't want another layer of govt mucking things up. The county has treated us with a brand new library, twice the size of the old one, which is scheduled for completion in December.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 12:28 PM

8,862 posts, read 14,395,544 times
$.02--having just returned from Tucker I can verify that some very good progress is being made.

I stopped for lunch at Rogatilla--New Orleans/Creole food --small restaurant and things are very well done. They have a good breakfast/brunch on Sat and Sun--live music, folk singer on Sunday. Small but classy and moderately priced.
A+ for the muffelatta and the gumbo. I'm going back.

You cannot go wrong with Tucker--lots of professionals, many of whom work at Emory and CDC and down to earth, industrious people of all kinds.

Cofer Park is a good place to look for older houses.

The location is great for traveling to Gwinnett and Decatur and downtown.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM

51 posts, read 141,232 times
Default If you like dumps

you'll love Tucker

Old 02-03-2009, 03:12 PM

Yes, Michelle, there are a few. And no one is holding them hostage here'; they are free to leave at any time.

It was certainly 'Good Enough' for members of my family and good to me.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelethelibrarian View Post
Funny, but the moderator doesn't agree with you, TakeAhike, because I was censored for stating the truth. People in this very thread have claimed Tucker is going to heck in a handbasket by citing the percentage of African-American high school students and when I call those posters racist, I am the one misbehaving.

Incredible.
Not certain 'Which' moderator you have in mind. Almost all of them say the same--'speak your mind' but they do a good job of 'putting out fires' before flames erupt, so to speak.

I haven't read the entire thread--had just picked up lunch there, etc.

sigh--How can it be explained. Communities where people 'Just Live', setting aside differences for the most part. Suffice it to say, Tucker is a very diverse community. That's all I've got.

LOL--Rogatilla. I liked it very much.

Yes, they serve alligator.

~~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta