U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:38 AM

1,025 posts, read 3,717,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
From yesterday's AJC---Commuting around Atlanta--if you aren't on the road by 6:30--you will probably be stuck in traffic...

Go Here>>> http://tinyurl.com/2bgwul (broken link)
Is the Jenny Dowd from Cherokee County whose commuting story is featured in that article our own JennyDowd (a City-Data poster)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2007, 11:50 PM

91 posts, read 438,157 times
Default We live in Lawrenceville. Go to Alpha every wknd.

My MIL lives in Alpharetta off of Winward.
We take Sugarloaf to 120 west. through Duluth.
Catch 141 to Medlock Bridge.
Left onto Mcginnis Ferry. Johns Creek area I believe.
Follow McGinnis to Winward or continue on McGinnis to Highway 9.
Without traffic it takes 50-60 mins everytime. Without fail.
With traffic Could be 90+ mins.
Return would be longer. I cringe when I see that mess of a traffic on Mcginnis ferry coming back home, when I am driving to Alpharetta in the evening. Good Lord. Miles and Miles of slow moving traffic. If the ppl could only see their own expressions. I told my wife they'd have to pay me NYcity type of money to wait in that mess.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,079 times
Default Up 400: Sandy Springs Police

I went up 400 the other day to Exit 8 (Mansell Rd) and there were about 8 Sandy Springs Police Cars. Guess the "New City" is making their revenue. Used to be guilty of rolling about 80MPH up 400 with every other car! Watch out if your route includes 400!

Old 02-06-2007, 10:46 AM

612 posts, read 2,503,524 times
Thanks for all the replies. I guess I am not going to take the job. That is just too much time to spend in the car everyday, especially when I have a three year old (and a husband) I want to spend time with.

The shortest route I found was 31 miles each way, and with a gas guzzling Navigator and daycare I would be working for almost nothing.

Thanks again.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 PM

19 posts, read 53,527 times
There would be no way I would do that commute. If you like your sanity, don't even attempt it. Friday afternoons 10+ years ago from Roswell (south of Alpharetta) to Stone Mountain (closer to 400) was 2+ hours. Can't imagine now.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:54 PM

99 posts, read 381,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment 07 View Post
Is the Jenny Dowd from Cherokee County whose commuting story is featured in that article our own JennyDowd (a City-Data poster)?
Ha-ha. I know this is really old now, but yes, that was me.

Of course, as soon as I had my child in July, I stopped making that ridiculous commute. Now I work from home. Sweet deal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or