U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:02 PM

155 posts, read 454,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhs119 View Post
the Department of States Diplomatic Security Service http://www.state.gov/m/ds/, don't know if you've seen that building downtown or not, if I get the job, they have a option of letting me live domestically or shipping my overseas. Thanks for giving me the boortz site, I'll need all the help I can get because I'll have to take a 45 minute writing test, another 15 minute test, and 2 oral interviews. But I'm preparing now. Thanks again for the help God Bless.

PS- I have a strange feeling I'm going to be the only with with a suit on riding the marta 7:00 in the morning if I take that option.
Figment had some good advice.

The 'Early Birds' that Get the Worms would be on the Marta--professionally attired at 6 AM--LOL--they listen to Boortz.

He is full of 'Pepper' and Vinegar'--just what you need to get a JOB--(The old Southern version of this is more colorful--but the software might have a censor? )

They say you have about 10 seconds to make your first impression--then be prepared to succinctly explain: 'I AM, I CAN, I WANT'.

No reason why you should not have this JOB. Go GET IT.
I learned that from the Talkmaster. It was as Painful as his Truth.

He keeps this city hopping. Join the Madness. [/quote]

Wow thanks a lot everyone. Thanks for your great advice, that's the mental boost I really need for the interview. I believe if I have faith and believe I can do it. In fact I'm going to prepare now for the interview next month. I also may need to prepare for my 6:00 a.m MARTA experience, what do you think ? lol just kidding. But thanks again for the advice and the helpful websites. God Bless you all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2007, 10:43 PM

426 posts, read 2,111,046 times
There are plenty of people on Marta during the traffic hours. Many people who work downtown ride Marta because the traffic getting into downtown from the northside can be hell and oftentimes there aren't enough parking places for them to park . Several employers give away free Marta cards to their employees to encourage them to use transit and shorten their commute. More than bums and poor people ride Marta. Paranoia is what has kept Marta from becoing a truly resgional transit system and paranoia is what makes people so willing to drive 1.5 to 2 hours into work instead of just catching the train(if it's within their means). Stop worrying so much. I highly doubt you will be mugged on Marta for wearing a suit and you will end up on the morning news. Just be aware of your surroundings (as ou should in ANY situation) and concentrate on getting that job.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:01 AM

Hey all thanks for the encouragement again.

Just a brief update, my interview was pushed back to April 16. Now my interview site is at the Embassy Suities Hotel 3285 Peachtree Road Northeast (Buckhead). So if you don't mind me asking my original question for this location. Does anyone know any good hotels at that location? Also, is that location safe? Are there any precautions I should take before I go there? What about traffic? .

Even though the interview site is at the embassy suities, I don't want to pay the price to stay there. Thanks and God Bless.

Last edited by HeavenSoldier; 03-09-2007 at 10:20 AM..

Old 03-09-2007, 10:26 AM

1,088 posts, read 5,735,838 times
There are a lot of hotels in the area so you can probably find a deal somewhere. If you do a search on hotels in the 30305 zip code you should be able to find some cheaper ones such as the Holiday Inn Express I found on Pharr Rd. Keep in mind though, any hotel in Buckhead is going to be expensive. Also, unless you are willing the spend the money and stay at a hotel right near your interview or near Marta you're going to have to rent a car. You could stay at an airport hotel or one in Dunwoody and take Marta but otherwise you'll be renting a car.

Buckhead, especially this area during the day is safe. I wouldn't expect you would have any problems. Traffic can be a nightmare though. The only precaution I would suggest is you give yourself a lot of time.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:43 AM

1,025 posts, read 3,716,410 times
There is a Fairfield Inn just around the corner on Piedmont Road. If the weather is decent that day, you could easily walk to your interview from that hotel in about 10-12 minutes.

A less expensive option would be the Sleep Inn on Sidney Marcus Blvd. near 400. They have a complimentary shuttle available for families of Piedmont Hospital patients, so you might ask them about dropping you off at your interview site that day.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:55 PM

Hey thanks for the help. I think I'm going to stay at the sleep inn. Thanks a lot for the help. God Bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or