U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,395,319 times

Advertisements

Timber Ridge Elemn. School as well. I saw that it was left out of the original list. I attended both Mount Bethel and Timber Ridge and loved Timber Ridge more. Also went to Dickerson Middle, had many friends at Dodgen that I met back up with at Walton. Went to Walton for a year and then went to private school for remaining high school years. That said, all of the public schools named are great and if I lived there I would send my kids to those schools!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 AM

12,904 posts, read 20,974,770 times
Default Don't forget Sprayberry and Kell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
Look into any schools in East Cobb that feed into Walton Pope and Lassiter. Walton is considered to be the best in East Cobb but Pope and Lassiter are comprable. I've heard very good things about Wheeler as well.
Sprayberry and Kell are great East Cobb high schools too.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:48 PM

85 posts, read 199,739 times
My children attend Hillgrove High School in Powder Springs and we are very happy.

It is a relatively new school(2yrs). The test scores were just released and they are right up there with the other top Cobb High Schools. The Elementary is Cheatham Hill and the Middle School is Lovinggood.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:52 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,589,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
I have to say being relatively new to Georgia, the threat of tornados kind of freaks me out. I was determined (in my own paranoia) to find a school with both excellent academics and no trailers!!!!!:
It is unlikely you will find any school in the metro without trailers but when there is a tornado, they bring the pupils inside the main building until the tornado is over.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:55 PM

The best schools are Walton, Pope, Lassiter, Sprayberry and McEachern High. All the schools the feed them are probably good too. I will say though that all the schools in Cobb are good schools. These are just the best of the best. But mine all went to South Cobb and got a good education.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GONC49ERS View Post
We are moving to GA in 3 weeks. I'll be working in Smyrna and Heard that Marietta is a good place to live and have good school system. Are there any other areas that are good and not that far from Smyrna. I do not mind to travel as far as 20-30 miles as long as area is good and school system is very good.
I really appreciate for any feed back.
If you live in Marietta they have their own schools and they are good too. As for a 30 mile or 20 mile drive, you will not ever see your kids with that long a commute. 30 miles here would mean 2 or more hours each way during rush.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic View Post
My children attend Hillgrove High School in Powder Springs and we are very happy.

It is a relatively new school(2yrs). The test scores were just released and they are right up there with the other top Cobb High Schools. The Elementary is Cheatham Hill and the Middle School is Lovinggood.
We actually have a school named "Lovinggood"? Gosh, I wonder what they teach there!

Old 06-08-2008, 03:07 AM

7,844 posts, read 14,516,197 times
Here is some more good news about Cobb Schools.

Marietta Daily Journal - 11th-graders in Cobb top state exams

Old 06-08-2008, 09:47 PM

11 posts, read 35,933 times
The three East Cobb districts that are no-brainers as some of the best school systems in Cobb county (and all of Georgia) are Pope, Walton and Lassiter. Our three kids went to Tritt Elementary, Hightower Trail middle and Pope High. Great teachers and administrators, high expectations, strong sports and clubs, super active PTA, and terrific kids.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 3,822 times
Default COBB Schools

Harrison in West Cobb is actually a really great High School... Ranked 16th in the State for 2008. KMHS is also a good high school Ranked 32nd for 08. Be careful which elementary schools you look for within these districts... Ford, Vaughn and Bullard are all good.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or