U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:20 PM

3 posts, read 11,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipd61 View Post
Greatschools.net is the site I used when relocating. Kids went to KMHS, which was better than surrounding public. schools like Harrison, North Cobb HS, McEachern. Note that ALL, including KMHS are overcrowded, your kids will probably have at least 1 class in a trailer in high school and drugs use is rampant.
I was born and raised in Powder Springs. There was a time when parents would give there arm to get a house in the McEachern district. Now Powder Springs, and McEachern have gone to the crapper. That's why my whole family moved away from there years ago. Funny thing. The element follows you where ever you go. Looking to sell this house and move further out. How's Alabama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 09:18 PM

3,615 posts, read 6,289,623 times
Teasley in Vinings is great, but not at the top of the list. It's usually around 100 year-to-year.

Last edited by netdragon; 06-30-2008 at 09:27 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,163 times
Question Where are Best pre-schools & elementry schools

We just moved to this area of Lithonia,Ga and I am disappointed with the school choices. The private schools are few and the public schools are crowded to me. Where are The Best Schools at for my young minds of the future. I am looking for a school that addresses Academics, Leadership, Lifeskills, and Social skills. We came across information about The Ron Clark Academy. Please give us some insight. We are looking to relocate in order for our children to be successful. It is critical.
Thanks Victoria

Last edited by vmiller; 11-11-2008 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: forgot to include the state

Old 11-11-2008, 12:04 PM

481 posts, read 2,548,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmiller View Post
We just moved to this area of Lithonia,Ga and I am disappointed with the school choices. The private schools are few and the public schools are crowded to me. Where are The Best Schools at for my young minds of the future. I am looking for a school that addresses Academics, Leadership, Lifeskills, and Social skills. We came across information about The Ron Clark Academy. Please give us some insight. We are looking to relocate in order for our children to be successful. It is critical.
Thanks Victoria
Lithonia is not in Cobb County. Are you saying you want to move out of Lithonia to somewhere in metro Atlanta with better schools? Here are the top notch high school districts:

Walton, Pope, Lassiter, Alpharetta, Roswell, Milton, Chattahoochee, Northview, Star's Mill, Macintosh, Brookwood

Those are the best of the best. These are pretty expensive areas though.

These schools are considered very good, not quite top notch though:

North Springs, Riverwood, Centennial, Wheeler, Kennesaw Mountain, Sprayberry, Harrison, Peachtree Ridge, Parkview

These are still all far beyond anything in Lithonia. Some of these districts are less expensive (Parkview, Harrison, for example) but some are in extremely wealthy areas (Riverwood, for example).

Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 PM

214 posts, read 818,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
We actually have a school named "Lovinggood"? Gosh, I wonder what they teach there!

Uh, yeah...It's named after the Lovinggoods. Same w/Lovinggod Rd off Midway Rd, the Lovinggood Gym @ McEachern. $$ backers.

Old 12-06-2008, 12:40 PM

8 posts, read 21,506 times
I often wonder why Hillgrove & Harrison High schools(& Districts) are always left out of good school districts in Cobb Co. Talking with people & high school school students who attended both McEachern & Hillgrove, both groups say that Hillgrove is the better school..

Old 12-06-2008, 12:54 PM

40 posts, read 150,289 times
I hear people refer to Cobb county by East, South or West Cobb, which cities are in each area.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:01 PM

8 posts, read 21,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teasol View Post
I hear people refer to Cobb county by East, South or West Cobb, which cities are in each area.
So would that break down like this?
East Cobb = Marietta
South Cobb = Smyrna/Mableton
West Cobb = Marietta/Powder Springs
North Cobb = Acworth Kennesaw

Old 12-06-2008, 01:26 PM

12,912 posts, read 20,980,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choicedecisiondotcom View Post
So would that break down like this?
East Cobb = Marietta
South Cobb = Smyrna/Mableton
West Cobb = Marietta/Powder Springs
North Cobb = Acworth Kennesaw
Kind of close, but not exactly. What you have to understand is that most of suburban Atlanta is located in unincorporated territory--meaning they are not located within any city limits, but will have a city address (this is a holdover from the old rural/farmland way of doing addresses). So, to help, people in different parts of Cobb County may have one of the following city addresses (depending on the zip code in which they live):

East Cobb: Marietta, Roswell, Kennesaw, Atlanta
West Cobb: Kennesaw, Marietta, Acworth, Powder Springs
North Cobb: Kennesaw, Acworth
South Cobb: Powder Springs, Austell, Smyrna, Mableton, Atlanta, Marietta

*But remember, some locations are within city limits (incorporated)! Confusing, yes.

Old 12-06-2008, 03:10 PM

40 posts, read 150,289 times
Is there any part of Cobb county that is better than the others. Which is closer to the city? Which is closer to Ft. McPherson? Also is marietta nice? Someone told me that there is only one major road to get out of Marietta and that traffic is crazy. Is this true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or