Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 09:28 PM

5 posts, read 106,930 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what the best schools are in Cobb County. My family will be moving to ATL within a few months. My husband will be commuting to Marietta Boulevard and he'd like to keep the commute time down to a 30-40 minute drive if possible.

Thanks,

cj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2006, 10:38 PM

92 posts, read 657,388 times
Hey CJ,

Here is what I got from my wife:

ELEMENTARY:
Tritt
Davis
Mount Bethel
Shallowford Falls
Ford
Sope Creek

MIDDLE:
Hightower Trail
Dodgen
Dickerson
Mabry
Lost Mountain

HIGH:
Walton
Kennesaw Mountain
Harrison
Sprayberry
North Cobb

We live in Cobb county and are very happy here!!!! Good luck with the move!!!

B

Old 06-01-2006, 06:21 AM

5 posts, read 106,930 times
I found a way to find the best schools and make comparisons. greatschools.net has this without a subscription needed like some of the other websites I tried. Thank you for your feedback too! It has been helpful. :-)

Old 01-05-2007, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 29,081 times
Default moving to georgia

I am also thinking of moving to georgia, to paulding county. I am not sure about the schools. Are there any good schools their? I have also looked in carroll county as well. Any info would be helpful.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:47 AM

4 posts, read 47,881 times
Default Cobb schools>Paulding

My wife worked in the Paulding County School system and thought they were terrible. Our son is in the pre-K program in cobb county and we are very happy with the results.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:23 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,506,491 times
Don't forget about Murdock in East Cobb. It was one of 23 schools of excellence this year in Georgia and was ranked #3 by the state this year as well. I believe it is the only Elementary school in East Cobb that offers Spanish classes beginning in Kindergarten. Students who attend Murdock most likely go on to Hightower and then Pope. Almost all classrooms have smart boards. The computer room is huge and brand new. The access to new technology for classrooms is excellent. The PTA is very strong and the foundation well funded. There are no portable classrooms and it is not overcrowded like some East Cobb schools.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:31 AM

6 posts, read 40,603 times
Greatschools.net is the site I used when relocating. Kids went to KMHS, which was better than surrounding public. schools like Harrison, North Cobb HS, McEachern. Note that ALL, including KMHS are overcrowded, your kids will probably have at least 1 class in a trailer in high school and drugs use is rampant.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 AM

I have to say being relatively new to Georgia, the threat of tornados kind of freaks me out. I was determined (in my own paranoia) to find a school with both excellent academics and no trailers!!!!!:

Old 02-12-2008, 11:19 AM

11,334 posts, read 25,982,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaday View Post
I have to say being relatively new to Georgia, the threat of tornados kind of freaks me out. I was determined (in my own paranoia) to find a school with both excellent academics and no trailers!!!!!:
There are no more tornados down here than we had in Minnesota -- there'll be a tornado watch once in a while, but actual tornados are few and far between.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:13 PM

I know. I am ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta