Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:31 PM

156 posts, read 431,988 times

Advertisements

We all need to start putting more social pressure on these idiots that wear their pants below their underwear. It's absolutely disgusting and we need to stop tolerating it. It's a complete embarrassment to our city. I was in another airport the other day, and guess which gate had all of the people showing their butt cracks. It makes me ashamed to be an Atlantan and I'm sick of it, so I'm doing something. I'm talking to business managers about enforcing dress codes and I'm not patronizing businesses that allow indecent exposure. Hopefully others will start standing up to this ridiculousness.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:51 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,765,959 times
I dunno - baggy pants help catch crooks!

Baggy Pants Slow Down Suspect In Downtown Atlanta - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 PM

193 posts, read 690,683 times
Uh oh, here we go again

Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 PM

133 posts, read 502,813 times
Every generation has teenage rebellion. What was the rebellious fad when you were a teenager? Do you remember or are you just so old that you forgot? One may have rebelled with long hair in the hippie days while this generation wears saggy pants. Folks nearly had heart attacks because their teens were wild about the Beatles.

Hey, live and let live....

Old 09-02-2008, 10:39 PM

That's certainly a valid point, Ladee. I'm in my mid 30's so I do remember my teenage years pretty well, thank you. We pegged our pants. There's a difference between a fad, and indecency. Now kids take fashion cues from prisoners? That doesn't indicate to me that we're heading the right direction. If you had your own business would you want someone who doesn't have enough sense to pull his pants up handling your money? Probably not. It would benefit these kids to show them that supporting a thug image is going to hurt them down the road.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:04 PM

133 posts, read 502,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
That's certainly a valid point, Ladee. I'm in my mid 30's so I do remember my teenage years pretty well, thank you. We pegged our pants. There's a difference between a fad, and indecency. Now kids take fashion cues from prisoners? That doesn't indicate to me that we're heading the right direction. If you had your own business would you want someone who doesn't have enough sense to pull his pants up handling your money? Probably not. It would benefit these kids to show them that supporting a thug image is going to hurt them down the road.

And most will have to endure an experience where this sort of social rebellion is affecting them in a negative way. At that point, either it will make them or break them. It's all a part of growing up and maturing. Some will become wise while others will fall by the wayside.

Whatever...

It's all what makes the world go round. Everybody can't have good sense and everybody can't be a fool. It keeps balance.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:18 PM

I appreciate - and even admire - your attitude, LahdeeDahdee. Societies develop rules and norms for a reason, so when they break down, even if it's a little at a time, it's concerning. I'm also not thrilled about working my tail off (for not much $) and having to buy rain coats for people that aren't smart enough to come in out of the rain.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,398,901 times
Quote:
We all need to start putting more social pressure on these idiots that wear their pants below their underwear. It's absolutely disgusting and we need to stop tolerating it. It's a complete embarrassment to our city. I was in another airport the other day, and guess which gate had all of the people showing their butt cracks. It makes me ashamed to be an Atlantan and I'm sick of it, so I'm doing something. I'm talking to business managers about enforcing dress codes and I'm not patronizing businesses that allow indecent exposure. Hopefully others will start standing up to this ridiculousness.
Agreed...Just pull their belts, let the pants fall, let them trip, and start the spanking... (Im just kidding, but dont think the idea hasn't crossed my mind a few times). It's sad, and I'm in my early 30s. I remember my teenage years very well...Preppy all the way, ala Carlton Banks...LMAO.....There's a difference when a lost, young 14-16 yr old does it (which I still can't tolerate), but when you have grown men walking at Walmart, or taking their kids to school like that, there is a problem...I see it down here in South Florida all the time. Glad they caught the one with his sagging pants in Atlanta. Next time, he'll get the right size pants... (I'm cracking myself up...enough for one night)...

Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,120,503 times
Quote:
It's a complete embarrassment to our city.
Quote:
It makes me ashamed to be an Atlantan and I'm sick of it, so I'm doing something.
I don't think it's limited to Atlanta and haven't heard people associate it with Atlanta specifically. It's tied into the "hip hop" culture and can be found in most big cities where you have that element.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,060,983 times
Quote:

If you run your own business you have a staff meeting or printed company policy that states "Pants up or your ass is out" no pun intended....then again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta