U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 03:09 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,269,326 times

Advertisements

by watching TV, you'd think the only successful black men in Atlanta were rappers or athletes

Old 05-02-2009, 03:39 PM

325 posts, read 853,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Can't have a good convo with the sistas anymore, I swear. What I call context and historical background, others call "excuses." What I call struggling brothas trying to make it, others call it "Lazy good for nothing black men."

The unfortunate part is, you will never see the brothas go on Tyra Banks or some other talk show and reading some crappy ol' enablin' books on why there ain't good black women, that's for sure. Stay blessed sistas, 'cuz y'all will definitely need it!
Who says that? Have I said that? First of all, I don't read Terry McMillan books bc I can't stand them and I don't join in on "black male bashing" when I can join in on empowering black men. I don't sit around and have chats about "how sorry black men are," because it's a WASTE of time and I don't think they are all sorry at all. Ain't nothing better than an educated, ambitious, black man and for those reasons I CHOSE not to date outside of my race. I'm far too confident to worry about sorry men. There are some, but I don't focus on them. I pay attention to those that are trying to do for themselves. Period. So save your narrow minded, generalized, ignorant statements for those it applies to brotha, because it ain't me...lol. I have been hurt sooo many times just like any other woman, but I use those as lessons and not reasons to be bitter. Hence why I LUV my life now...you need to get a grip brotha, bc apprently you've been burnt and can't repair the wounds...

Old 05-02-2009, 06:59 PM

3,463 posts, read 4,114,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreda30238 View Post
Who says that? Have I said that? First of all, I don't read Terry McMillan books bc I can't stand them and I don't join in on "black male bashing" when I can join in on empowering black men. I don't sit around and have chats about "how sorry black men are," because it's a WASTE of time and I don't think they are all sorry at all. Ain't nothing better than an educated, ambitious, black man and for those reasons I CHOSE not to date outside of my race. I'm far too confident to worry about sorry men. There are some, but I don't focus on them. I pay attention to those that are trying to do for themselves. Period. So save your narrow minded, generalized, ignorant statements for those it applies to brotha, because it ain't me...lol. I have been hurt sooo many times just like any other woman, but I use those as lessons and not reasons to be bitter. Hence why I LUV my life now...you need to get a grip brotha, bc apprently you've been burnt and can't repair the wounds...
Have a blessed life, ma'am.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 PM

6 posts, read 13,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
They see $$$$, and titles, the 6br/5bath house in Cascade/Buckhead, not the hard working, aspiring, properly raised, young man with probably an almost paid off 3/2, house or condo with no debt etc.

If women only see $$$$ and titles, well a lot of men only see a$$ and t1tties. Oh well, sucks but that's life... men get judged on success and women get judged on looks. Nobody likes to admit it but that's just how it is.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:15 AM

325 posts, read 853,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohuaxing View Post
If women only see $$$$ and titles, well a lot of men only see a$$ and t1tties. Oh well, sucks but that's life... men get judged on success and women get judged on looks. Nobody likes to admit it but that's just how it is.
I concur...lol...some people are just like that...

Old 05-04-2009, 06:20 AM

170 posts, read 329,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaohuaxing View Post
well a lot of men only see a$$ and t1tties... women get judged on looks. Nobody likes to admit it but that's just how it is.
If a man is looking for somebody to sleep with then sure. But I would go out on a limb and bet that most men - ESPECIALLY "successful" men - looking for a long term relationship consider much more than looks when looking for a woman.

Personally, I'm over looks. Though I've noticed an interesting phenomenon where marginally-attractive women like to blame their lack of success with men on men being caught up on looks when the reality is that they just aren't that interesting.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 AM

2,671 posts, read 5,410,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RZaakir View Post
If a man is looking for somebody to sleep with then sure. But I would go out on a limb and bet that most men - ESPECIALLY "successful" men - looking for a long term relationship consider much more than looks when looking for a woman.

Personally, I'm over looks. Though I've noticed an interesting phenomenon where marginally-attractive women like to blame their lack of success with men on men being caught up on looks when the reality is that they just aren't that interesting.

So well said!!

Old 05-04-2009, 09:42 AM

3,463 posts, read 4,114,785 times
Quote:

Very well articulated. I wish I could've used those words!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 AM

4,143 posts, read 5,735,899 times
Quote:

Old 05-04-2009, 12:50 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,231,921 times
Quote:

Dude, you will get yourself in trouble if you keep telling the truth!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or