U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2008, 03:06 PM
 
16 posts, read 93,166 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Um - you mean to date, or potentially become one of them? LOL

If you're trying to MEET a successful black man to date here, you might want to do some searching in the forum for older (complaint) posts about the apparent availability. If you're trying to become one of them, keep in mind that just because a city has a large black population, that alone does not guarantee any form of success.

to date, I know it doesn't guarantee that I will have any success but coming from a small population of black people in general. I know I have better odds of meeting someone on my level. Right know I'm just looking until I see someone that Interests me. As a women it will be nice to have something to look at though.

 
Old 09-06-2008, 01:07 AM
 
Location: Atlanta,GA
2,671 posts, read 5,410,476 times
Reputation: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
LOL@Fling... The problem typically facing educated black women and dating black men is the education gap. They will face fierce competition for white collar professional men, ignore blue collar men, and date hoodlum men to pass the time. JMO!
Dont you think you should have advised her to skip the hoodlum men? Nothing good, would come out of that. Why would she want a thug to pass time? ..After a white collar, blue collar......As soon as she sees the thug, keep walking........Dont even look back. (Run if he starts to try talking to you...you can outrun him....the sagging pants would be falling off, he'd be too busy trying to hold them up).
ROFLMAO..(too much for one night)..
 
Old 09-06-2008, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Atlanta,GA
2,671 posts, read 5,410,476 times
Reputation: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth25 View Post
to date, I know it doesn't guarantee that I will have any success but coming from a small population of black people in general. I know I have better odds of meeting someone on my level. Right know I'm just looking until I see someone that Interests me. As a women it will be nice to have something to look at though.
When will you be moving to Atlanta? I have a good amount of single friends (Black men), that are professionals in Metro Atlanta (Most in the Medical (drs and dentists), IT and Education fields), in their early to mid 30s, mostly friends from high school and college). Single, no kids, straight, and super picky, beyond belief. ...What age group do you fall under? If I'm not asking for too much. (You can always DM me).
Some have been going to Central and South America for long weekends lately , because they're not too fond of the dating scene in Atlanta. That gives you an idea. We've known each other for years. These men are out there, but things are in their favor. They get the priviledge to be the picky ones, and I think they love it.

By the way, Jillmaican, I know what you're talking about. These guys have it made, if you want to call it that. They go to some night spots in the city and you would not believe how things run in their favor. I've been to a few spots with them (had to bring my fiancee along, she's wary of Atlanta women, period , from what she hears about the dating scene). From what I know, the men dont complain about quantity, it's quality..My women friends on the other end (black and latina that seek black men), I never hear the end of it. The shortage seems to get to them. Be prepared to be in line for that sort of complaint...lol (Just giving you a heads up ).
 
Old 09-06-2008, 07:25 PM
 
171 posts, read 591,330 times
Reputation: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Dont you think you should have advised her to skip the hoodlum men? Nothing good, would come out of that. Why would she want a thug to pass time? ..After a white collar, blue collar......As soon as she sees the thug, keep walking........Dont even look back. (Run if he starts to try talking to you...you can outrun him....the sagging pants would be falling off, he'd be too busy trying to hold them up).
ROFLMAO..(too much for one night)..
So true, so true! Leave the beltless bootie bandits alone. There are good successful black men in Ga; just don't appear so desperate that you attract the wrong ones. Not that I'm implying anything.
 
Old 09-06-2008, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Fairburn, GA. (South Fulton County)
293 posts, read 960,683 times
Reputation: 96
Question Just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth25 View Post
My definition of a successful black man is someone who is educated and has done something with there education. Or a black man that is not Just over broke, Basically a man on my level. Iím not coming to Atlanta just because I want a successful back man. Itís because of the real estate business opportunities that are there to expand my business.

Itís nice to have someone that will treat you nice, but someone thatís not on your level will not understand you. Here in Oregon is a small population of black people all together, 5% of the population is made up of black and mixed black and white people. There is no such thing as southern hospitality here, there is no such thing as a successful black man here in Oregon dating or even talking to a black women, because of the media and how black women are betrayed.

Ooh yeah I can cook soul food lol my family is from the Louisiana.
So, a successful black man is someone on your level? What if you meet a "successful" black man and he feels that your "success" is not on his level? Is success a college education? I know plenty of people fairing better than my college educated colleagues with a high school diploma. This search could take forever and there is an opportunity that it may not be fulfilled. I am very curious to know how this forum will help you find this. I think you should just move here to expand your real estate business opportunities, and once you find you success, your "successful black man" will come to you.

I don't think it's a good idea to use this forum as a place to search for this. Even though these people appear to be helpful, people can say and type in anything.

Have you dated a "successful" man before?
 
Old 09-06-2008, 08:56 PM
 
16 posts, read 93,166 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Atlanta Peach View Post
So, a successful black man is someone on your level? What if you meet a "successful" black man and he feels that your "success" is not on his level? Is success a college education? I know plenty of people fairing better than my college educated colleagues with a high school diploma. This search could take forever and there is an opportunity that it may not be fulfilled. I am very curious to know how this forum will help you find this. I think you should just move here to expand your real estate business opportunities, and once you find you success, your "successful black man" will come to you.

I don't think it's a good idea to use this forum as a place to search for this. Even though these people appear to be helpful, people can say and type in anything.

Have you dated a "successful" man before?
the people on this forum has been really helpful because I don't know GA. This forum has helped me with locations to check out when I get there and online. Basically the original question was, where does successful black men live in GA. My examples of success where low, I know that some men out of high school have successful lives and I think that just great. One of the examples of success was, ďnot just over brokeĒ.
I donít want the original question to come off that Iím on a hunt for black successful men because, the questions was about a generalized location. Coming to a new city a successful nothing will not find me in an area where there is nothing but country side and thereís no one around for miles on end. So I want to thank all the people that helped me with locations.
 
Old 09-06-2008, 09:03 PM
 
16 posts, read 93,166 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Dont you think you should have advised her to skip the hoodlum men? Nothing good, would come out of that. Why would she want a thug to pass time? ..After a white collar, blue collar......As soon as she sees the thug, keep walking........Dont even look back. (Run if he starts to try talking to you...you can outrun him....the sagging pants would be falling off, he'd be too busy trying to hold them up).
ROFLMAO..(too much for one night)..
when I see thugs or undercover thugs, I keep walking because I have friends who dated thugs with two or three baby mama's . I don't know why that is cute when your over 25, I just don't get It they need to get off the corner lol.
 
Old 09-07-2008, 04:05 PM
 
Location: Fairburn, GA. (South Fulton County)
293 posts, read 960,683 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth25 View Post
I'm moving from Oregon, there is a small amount of black ppl here. I'm looking for an area where there is single successful black men. I heard there are a lot in Atlanta.
Well, to answer your question, you must know that Atlanta itself is pretty large; there's the actual city of Atlanta, and then there is metro Atlanta, which consists of about 10 major counties. Atlanta is in Fulton County; surrounding metro counties are DeKalb, Cobb, Clayton (which I would steer FAR away from), Henry, Fayette, Rockdale, Gwinnett, Douglas, Coweta, and Fulton itself. There is no one particular area because there are "successful" men throughout these metro counties. But, if you're looking for a particular area, I know most of these areas are within a 30 minute drive to the downtown area (maybe more if there is traffic, which you will probably run into from time to time).

I think it was misleading when you said that you were looking for an area where successful black men were. It seemed as though you were looking for a man.

I would suggest that you rent before buying anything to try an area out. How close do you want to be to the city? Do you want to be IN the downtown area or the surrounding suburbs? Are you looking for a spot that's condusive to the single life or family friendly?
 
Old 04-18-2009, 09:11 PM
 
21 posts, read 128,371 times
Reputation: 21
Hi truth25, i know this is a late posting. But I have the same dilemma as you when it comes to dating and finding a single professional male in the atlanta area that is not openly gay or discreetly "down low". I have been in the atl area for about 6 years and i have dated some nice guys, but ultimatley you will never find the perfect mate. the one that fits every critieria that we as women keep in our mental as we are starting to get to know a man. I have been approached by every type of man across the spectrum from the thuggiest of the thugs to most sucessful men that atlanta has to offer. I guess I am just too picky and because of this city having such a high statistical rate for gays especially among blacks, its just safe for me to remain single at least for the time being. So i hope you have found what you are looking for but just remain faithful...the right one will appear because i am waiting myself takecare
 
Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Metropolis, USA
1,104 posts, read 1,122,310 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1977 View Post
Hi truth25, i know this is a late posting. But I have the same dilemma as you when it comes to dating and finding a single professional male in the atlanta area that is not openly gay or discreetly "down low". I have been in the atl area for about 6 years and i have dated some nice guys, but ultimatley you will never find the perfect mate. the one that fits every critieria that we as women keep in our mental as we are starting to get to know a man. I have been approached by every type of man across the spectrum from the thuggiest of the thugs to most sucessful men that atlanta has to offer. I guess I am just too picky and because of this city having such a high statistical rate for gays especially among blacks, its just safe for me to remain single at least for the time being. So i hope you have found what you are looking for but just remain faithful...the right one will appear because i am waiting myself takecare
Yes, you are too picky and most of you ladies WANT TOO MUCH, want want want want want. Living in Atlanta as ANY black man is like being a mouse in a cheese factory with no cats around. Removing panties has never been easier. You gals should change your priorities, look for a good man with family values and not "successful" man. A woman worst enemy is her mouth and the more you talk, the more wolves like me listen. Keep yelling what you want, keeping putting all your cards on the table. This process will not get you a "successful" man, what it will get you is notch on the next man's resume. All that schooling and degrees and some of you broads will never figure it out. You'll walk right pass the good guy to chat it up with Coolyfett. That good guy is just like your father and brothers, but you want a "successful" man. Us Wolves and Snakes are in the clubs and bars waiting. No lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top