Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 AM

16 posts, read 100,114 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Oregon, there is a small amount of black ppl here. I'm looking for an area where there is single successful black men. I heard there are a lot in Atlanta.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:17 AM

263 posts, read 1,132,566 times
South Fulton/South Dekalb

Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth25 View Post
I'm moving from Oregon, there is a small amount of black ppl here. I'm looking for an area where there is single successful black men. I heard there are a lot in Atlanta.
Um - you mean to date, or potentially become one of them? LOL

If you're trying to MEET a successful black man to date here, you might want to do some searching in the forum for older (complaint) posts about the apparent availability. If you're trying to become one of them, keep in mind that just because a city has a large black population, that alone does not guarantee any form of success.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:17 AM

90 posts, read 412,607 times
Are you moving to Atlanta to meet a successful black man ? That's not such a good idea. Move for other reasons...but don't let that be the main one why you are moving across the country. I just had lunch with a successful black man yesterday and according to him there are a "million black women" to choose from. There is some stiff competition...not that you couldn't hang with the rest of them. But its definetely not raining men in Atlanta. I'm married and from what my husband tells me the women here don't seem to care that he's got a wife....

Old 09-05-2008, 08:59 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmaican View Post
I just had lunch with a successful black man yesterday and according to him there are a "million black women" to choose from. I'm married and from what my husband tells me the women here don't seem to care that he's got a wife....
Hey, this sounds like an episode of Bravo TV's new "Housewives of Atlanta" that's about to start up. LOL

Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 AM

1,145 posts, read 4,212,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmaican View Post
Are you moving to Atlanta to meet a successful black man ? That's not such a good idea. Move for other reasons...but don't let that be the main one why you are moving across the country. I just had lunch with a successful black man yesterday and according to him there are a "million black women" to choose from. There is some stiff competition...not that you couldn't hang with the rest of them. But its definetely not raining men in Atlanta. I'm married and from what my husband tells me the women here don't seem to care that he's got a wife....
Yep I hear that. I have a black co-worker who is successful and a good-looking guy. We'll go out to happy hours sometimes and it's unreal the amount of attractive black women that will come up and start hitting on him. It's way too easy for him. He told me he's actually into Indian girls these days..he says it's tougher to have a fling with an Indian girl and he likes the challenge.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:24 AM

989 posts, read 1,742,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue 99 View Post
Yep I hear that. I have a black co-worker who is successful and a good-looking guy. We'll go out to happy hours sometimes and it's unreal the amount of attractive black women that will come up and start hitting on him. It's way too easy for him. He told me he's actually into Indian girls these days..he says it's tougher to have a fling with an Indian girl and he likes the challenge.
LOL@Fling... The problem typically facing educated black women and dating black men is the education gap. They will face fierce competition for white collar professional men, ignore blue collar men, and date hoodlum men to pass the time. JMO!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:03 AM

90 posts, read 412,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
LOL@Fling... The problem typically facing educated black women and dating black men is the education gap. They will face fierce competition for white collar professional men, ignore blue collar men, and date hoodlum men to pass the time. JMO!
Well my friends are skipping over the hoodlum men... I mean dang its bad but they're not scraping the bottom of the barrell on a saturday night just to spend time with a man. The O.P. should come to Atlanta and go out on a Saturday night.... everywhere you look there are huge groups of black women out and about. No man in sight. I might have to lock my husband in the basement at this rate. It's great for his ego though...at least twice a week he comes home with a story about some woman tried to pick him up at Publix. One lady thought it was great that he was buying his wife tampons! SERIOUSLY! For now its cute, I'll get worried when he stops telling me these stories.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:08 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,925 times
I'm curious as to why the OP is limiting herself to black men. I would imagine that Oregon is full of men, at least I imagine the northwest having a far more advantageous male:female ratio. Could be wrong though.

When I lived over here back in 1996 I was single and the dating scene was brutal. I can't imagine what it's like now. Nothing more than a great big hook-up, but no real relationships. So not my cup of tea. You couldn't pay me to be out there in this city now.

Also, have you tried online dating? Again, the male to female ratio is much more favorable.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:16 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
The main issue I hear from black women about black men in Atlanta is that there are a lot of black men on the down low (DL). They hide the fact that they like men b/c they also sleep with women. That scares a lot of black women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta