U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,488 times
Default Salaries and job commutes in Atlanta - My stats

I know that salaries are very personal info, but I don't mind sharing mine (you don't know who I am anyway) and hope that others will do the same. I think this will be helpful to folks who are relocating here. Please...don't waste space with posts about how you will not share such info. That is your choice. If you want to share the info, please do.

Education: BS in Psycology
Lived in Atlanta since: 2003
Job Title: Data Analyst
Employer type: National medical transcription company
Salary: $58,000
Commute time one-way: 40 minutes/ Chamblee to Alpharetta
Own/Rent: I rent a condo
Rent/Mortgage: $1050/month
Children: None
Marital status: Single
Use MARTA to get to work: Nope...MARTA not available near my employer. I would if I could.

Last edited by OptiMisty; 09-08-2008 at 10:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 PM

111 posts, read 361,977 times
Opti,

I think that while your intentions are good that sharing on that kind of level isn't going to get that much of a response.

If you could rig a poll and use that instead, it would be better since they wouldn't be linked to a specific member.

People end up at odds with one another enough as it is without being able to add the air of "I-make-more-money-that-you" showing it's ugly head.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 PM

1,628 posts, read 3,514,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoufromNewYork View Post
Opti,

I think that while your intentions are good that sharing on that kind of level isn't going to get that much of a response.

If you could rig a poll and use that instead, it would be better since they wouldn't be linked to a specific member.

People end up at odds with one another enough as it is without being able to add the air of "I-make-more-money-that-you" showing it's ugly head.
That and the fact the info given is almost irrelevant. A formal resume is need for things like this.

i.e. you have a degree in psychology but you're a 'data analyst'? How many years have you been a data analyst? How many years have you been out of school? Where did you go to school? Data Analyst can mean alot of things, etc, etc. Are you a Data Analyst I, II, III, associate, senior, etc?

You'd have to post a full length professional resume to really be helpful.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 PM

8,682 posts, read 11,649,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
...you have a degree in psychology but you're a 'data analyst'? ...
Oh, gt, gt, gt.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 PM

1,628 posts, read 3,514,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Oh, gt, gt, gt.
What? It's a perfectly valid question? I have a guy that works with me that has a degree in Meteorology but has never used it. He always been a software or test engineer.

My dad has a chemistry degree but he's been a CEO for the last 20 years.

All I'm saying is it's irrelevant unless you have all the info. The OP could have a degree in college in come out and worked as a DA for 10 years, or they could have gotten out in 2003, did something with psychology and has been a DA for 6 months.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:13 PM

9 posts, read 17,156 times
i think this post is very valid, and shows what can be obtained, if you are planning on moving to atlanta suck as i am, so thanks alot for posting this. I would put my info on there but i don't live in atlanta currently

Old 09-10-2008, 08:07 AM

2,806 posts, read 3,284,706 times
Finishing BS in computer science. Software engineer (senior manager/director), landlord. Own two properties. Combined income (gross for job, but net income for property I own after costs) ~ $80k. Combined mortgages around $2800/mo (before taxes, homeowners, etc). Lived in metro ATL since '05. 20-25 minute commute. Have a child. Not married but live with partner with combined ownership of properties.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:48 AM

350 posts, read 938,235 times
Atlanta is easy compaired to where I have lived before in NYC and London,

Education: BA in History
Lived in Atlanta since: 2002
Job Title: Manager
Employer type: Consulting
Salary: $250,000 with bonuses
Commute time one-way: 15 minutes/ Brookhaven to Buckhead or travel to clients by plane
Own/Rent: Own a house cash, paid for by equity taken out of previous house in London, still cannot belive how cheap Atlanta is...........
Rent/Mortgage: Zero
Children: Two
Marital status: Married
Use MARTA often to save on parking at Airport or when going to Midtown.
Even with 2 kids in private school we can save 100k a year. When we lived in NYC and London on same saleries we were broke and getting into debt.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:31 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,537,439 times
Quote:
still cannot belive how cheap Atlanta is...........
Not cheap, "affordable". Cheap makes us sound like we're classless prostitutes, lol.

Old 09-10-2008, 03:39 PM

9,913 posts, read 13,913,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningncircles1 View Post
Not cheap, "affordable". Cheap makes us sound like we're classless prostitutes, lol.
Hey, I could think of a good use for a... oh, yeah, that's a bad baaad thing...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta