Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 PM

24 posts, read 44,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Gosh no wonder why so many people who come to this forum to learn about Atlanta end up having such negative views of it.
Do you form any opinions or just go through life ladi-da?

ppl have negative views because there are so many negatives about this city.

1) ATL needs to stop pretending that it's on par with NY/LA/SF. (period)
because it's just a red neck town with an airport and some business headquarters.

2) ATL lacks an identity because it tries to be something it is not instead of just accepting and embracing what it really is

3) The literacy, education level and the worldly sophistication is just not there.

4) ATL lacks CULTURE. Where the Operas, Orchestra, performances, world class muscians performing?? Where is the ART?

5) They are still listening to ho down country music and the AA population listens to HIP HOP and R & B!!!!!!!

6) Everyone I know just lives for the weekend and gets drunk off their asses!!! pathetics, I wonder if there's any neurons left in their brains

so there you have it...if you like drinking, low culture, hip hop, homicide thne this is the place for you

Old 06-18-2009, 05:25 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannongymru View Post

because it's just a red neck town with an airport and some business headquarters.

2) ATL lacks an identity because it tries to be something it is not instead of just accepting and embracing what it really is

3) The literacy, education level and the worldly sophistication is just not there.

4) ATL lacks CULTURE. Where the Operas, Orchestra, performances, world class muscians performing?? Where is the ART?

5) They are still listening to ho down country music and the AA population listens to HIP HOP and R & B!!!!!!!

6) Everyone I know just lives for the weekend and gets drunk off their asses!!! pathetics, I wonder if there's any neurons left in their brains

so there you have it...if you like drinking, low culture, hip hop, homicide thne this is the place for you

Awww sorry that the 5 million other people like Atlanta and you dont

Old 06-18-2009, 06:10 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,001 times
Quote:

1. The people you associate with must be doing the pretending. Atlanta is not a living thing - it can't pretend. Atlanta is what Atlanta is.

2. Atlanta has a very strong identity, but I wouldn't expect someone with such a negative attitude to know that.

3. What a silly thing to say...Metro Atlanta recently had 51 high schools on Newsweek's list of America's Best High Schools; 43% of Atlanta's population holds a bachelor's degree of higher, ranked #6 among U.S. cities; Atlanta has around 200,000 college students at 41 colleges and universities, and 2 elite universities.

4. You're joking, right? Click on a few of these and learn something:
Atlanta Performs - Theater; Music; Dance; Film Arts
City of Atlanta Office of Cultrual Affairs
The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
The Atlanta Opera
Capitol City Opera
OperaSouth
The New Opera - Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Ballet
Center for Puppetry Arts
Woodruff Arts Center
Alliance Theatre: Atlanta' s Tony Award-winning Theatre
The National Black Arts Festival (NBAF)
The Atlanta Wind Symphony
Atlanta Festival Ballet
Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
New Trinity Baroque, Atlanta's leading baroque orchestra, chamber choir and ensemble
Ballethnic Dance Company
High Museum of Art Atlanta
Atlanta History Center
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
Jimmy Carter Library and Museum
Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site
Michael C. Carlos Museum
The National Museum of Patriotism
The Wren's Nest | Home of Joel Chandler Harris
Margaret Mitchell House Home Page
Welcome To Dad's Garage Theatre
Rialto Center for the Arts - Georgia State University
Variety Playhouse Online
Ferst Center for the Arts (http://www.ferstcenter.gatech.edu/pages/about/ - broken link)
The Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center
2009 Coca Cola Film Festival
The World of Coca-Cola® - Atlanta, GA
Georgia Shakespeare
The New American Shakespeare Tavern
Relapse Theatre
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
Tabernacle Atlanta

6. People listen to whatever style of music appeals to them. What do you listen to that makes you so much better? Whatever it is, I can assure that there are thousands of Atlantans listening to the same thing.

7. I suggest you find some different people to hang out with if you don't like getting drunk and living for the weekends.

Get your head out of the sand and look around...you're missing out on a lot.

Last edited by DeaconJ; 06-18-2009 at 06:37 PM..

Old 06-18-2009, 06:42 PM

53 posts, read 104,702 times
Real talk..Atlanta already know it's not on par with LA and NY and really don't care 2 be...Atlanta is what it is and 5.5 milion people think so and in the next ten years Atlanta is projected to be the 6th largest metro in the US so most people see Atlanta in a much different light than you. So your arguments are very tired, old and outdated.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:43 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,531 times
All I gotta say is a troll will always be a troll so no point in trying to argue with one. Their intelligence can't fathom a coherent conversation.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:45 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,785,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
1. The people you associate with must be doing the pretending. Atlanta is not a living thing - it can't pretend. Atlanta is what Atlanta is.

2. Atlanta has a very strong identity, but I wouldn't expect someone with such a negative attitude to know that.

3. What a silly thing to say...Metro Atlanta recently had 51 high schools on Newsweek's list of America's Best High Schools; 43% of Atlanta's population holds a bachelor's degree of higher, ranked #6 among U.S. cities; Atlanta has around 200,000 college students at 41 colleges and universities, and 2 elite universities.

4. You're joking, right? Click on a few of these and learn something:
Atlanta Performs - Theater; Music; Dance; Film Arts
City of Atlanta Office of Cultrual Affairs
The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
The Atlanta Opera
Capitol City Opera
OperaSouth
The New Opera - Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Ballet
Center for Puppetry Arts
Woodruff Arts Center
Alliance Theatre: Atlanta' s Tony Award-winning Theatre
The National Black Arts Festival (NBAF)
The Atlanta Wind Symphony
Atlanta Festival Ballet
Gwinnett Ballet Theatre
New Trinity Baroque, Atlanta's leading baroque orchestra, chamber choir and ensemble
Ballethnic Dance Company
High Museum of Art Atlanta
Atlanta History Center
Fernbank Museum of Natural History
Jimmy Carter Library and Museum
Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site
Michael C. Carlos Museum
The National Museum of Patriotism
The Wren's Nest | Home of Joel Chandler Harris
Margaret Mitchell House Home Page
Welcome To Dad's Garage Theatre
Rialto Center for the Arts - Georgia State University
Variety Playhouse Online
Ferst Center for the Arts (http://www.ferstcenter.gatech.edu/pages/about/ - broken link)
The Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center
2009 Coca Cola Film Festival
The World of Coca-Cola® - Atlanta, GA
Georgia Shakespeare
The New American Shakespeare Tavern
Relapse Theatre
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
Tabernacle Atlanta

6. People listen to whatever style of music appeals to them. What do you listen to that makes you so much better? Whatever it is, I can assure that there are thousands of Atlantans listening to the same thing.

7. I suggest you find some different people to hang out with if you don't like getting drunk and living for the weekends.

Get your head out of the sand and look around...you're missing out on a lot.
Thank You Deacon.My work was not needed as you are thorough as always.She probably lives in Cherokee County somewhere.Thats why she's complaining about all the stuff that she claims to have knowlede of.Otherwise she would have known better than to try most of those arguments.To Rhianna:Keep throwing that "stuff" at the wall,sooner or later you may get something to stick!!LOL

Old 06-18-2009, 09:53 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,856,443 times
Quote:
5) They are still listening to ho down country music and the AA population listens to HIP HOP and R & B!!!!!!![/b]
The AA population listens to hip hop and R&B everywhere in America. In case you haven't noticed, we're the ones producing the stuff, so why wouldn't we listen to it? Moderator removed. Tone it down - no personal assaults.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 06-19-2009 at 09:37 PM..

Old 06-19-2009, 12:40 PM

the last time I went to hear ASO (Atlanta Symphony Orchestra) in March, they sounded like a high school youth orchestra. and what's wrong with the age old concert hall, isn't there any money or donationations from Art patrons to refurbish it??

I mean it looks a high school audiitorium!!!!!! Listen, I have heard world class orchestras in NY, LA , Amsterdam and Paris.

ATL is about 100 yrs behind with classical music progression. I guess there just isn't enough patrons to do anything about it.

If you high school orchestra level and amateurish performance and dismal looking facility in which they play in then Atlanta is it!!

I guess for most of you, the truth hurts

Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 PM

371 posts, read 1,554,927 times
What's wrong with country music?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishintown View Post
What's wrong with country music?

nothing is wrong with it or with hip hop, rap

I just wish there was a stronger classical music scene but I don't think ppl in ATL are into it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta