U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2009, 11:13 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
625 posts, read 911,451 times
Reputation: 227

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
What are you talking about?What do you mean "progressed"?If you mean buildings then here is a list of new buildings ad structures downtown.
191 Peachtree
SunTrust Building(s)
Georgia State University Commons
Centennial Olympic Park
Atlanta Apparel Mart Expansions
The Georgia Aquarium
The W Hotel
Ernest and Young Building
Twelve Hotel and Residences
Embassy Suites Hotel and Condo across form Centennial Olympic Park
Phillips Arena
The NEW Omni Hotel
Turner Field (The Braves do play there now.In case you thought Fulton County Stadium was still where the Falcons and Braves play.
The Georgia Dome
Southern Company Headquarters
New Atlanta Municipal Courts Building
New Atlanta Department of Public Safety Buildings
Georgia State University Sciences Building
Renaissance Place Condominium on Auburn Ave
Summerhill Neighborhoods
Castleberry Hill District
Georgia World Congress Center major Expansion

Failed city indeed.LOL!What downtown were you in Camden, New Jersey?
You can add all that and multiply it by 1 million and Atlanta downtown still sucks. I'm with the moderator, let's close this thread, Atlanta sucks, it's the one of the worst places to go on vacation. END OF STORY, THREAD CLOSED!

And if you want to help me pack and help me with relocation i will be happy to give you my personal phone number, email, etc..

But I ain't takin Delta... they SUCK!

 
Old 06-19-2009, 11:18 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,863,119 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannongymru View Post
afonega1

Why must you go on a tirade against everyone who disagrees with you that ATL is the best city in the universe??


Im sorry you think I have gone on a tirade because you have insulted people in the Atlanta forum.I only defended what you said about people including myself who live here.None of your statemenst that you have made are based on anything other than YOUR OPINIONS.No facts at all,but you stick to them without giving any substantial explanations as to why you believe the way you do.You made some statements that just were not true at all.Why is that a "tirade".I did not insult you as you insulted all black people in Atlanta as being mean and hateful.I happened to think I have a well balanced opinion of Atlanta.Just because I happened to like it here does not mean I think its perfect.However the truth should be given when appropriate.Why do YOU have to disagree with anyone who likes Atlanta?If you thought of me as being "mean" then I'm sorry I came across that way.I'm just debating the merits of your statements.
 
Old 06-20-2009, 07:54 AM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 11,850,743 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
You can add all that and multiply it by 1 million and Atlanta downtown still sucks. I'm with the moderator, let's close this thread, Atlanta sucks, it's the one of the worst places to go on vacation. END OF STORY, THREAD CLOSED!

And if you want to help me pack and help me with relocation i will be happy to give you my personal phone number, email, etc..

But I ain't takin Delta... they SUCK!
Wow, you sound more like a spoiled 14-year-old who didn't get to ride his favorite ride at Six Flags or something.

The fact of the matter is that you gave false information as to why you think downtown Atlanta sucked, and you were proven wrong. Your argument was invalidated and now you go on to throw a tantrum. That's not the most mature way to present a logical argument, if that was ever your intention to begin with.
 
Old 06-20-2009, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,863,119 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
You can add all that and multiply it by 1 million and Atlanta downtown still sucks. I'm with the moderator, let's close this thread, Atlanta sucks, it's the one of the worst places to go on vacation. END OF STORY, THREAD CLOSED!

And if you want to help me pack and help me with relocation i will be happy to give you my personal phone number, email, etc..

But I ain't takin Delta... they SUCK!
You are just mad because you could not back up what you said.Atlanta is a very livable city.Its not as great as Chicago,San Fran or NYC,but its got a lot to offer for everybody if you find what it is you like to do.I have lived in some cities and small towns that most people would find terrible.I have not really been anywhere that I thought it was hopeless.I do understand why Atlanta is not appealing to everyone.Even it I do not draw the same conclusions.Sometimes I wish it were more in some areas. What is hard to understand is how anyone can insist that there is not much here.When I simply ask to what is the reasoning behind some statements made that have no apparent factual basis,I get more of the same and I'm labeled some type of "Atlanta Pollyanna".Can I genuinely like a place and be a voice of reason and logic?
 
Old 06-20-2009, 12:19 PM
 
Location: ITP - City of Atlanta Proper
7,797 posts, read 11,731,309 times
Reputation: 5394
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You are just mad because you could not back up what you said.Atlanta is a very livable city.Its not as great as Chicago,San Fran or NYC,but its got a lot to offer for everybody if you find what it is you like to do.I have lived in some cities and small towns that most people would find terrible.I have not really been anywhere that I thought it was hopeless.I do understand why Atlanta is not appealing to everyone.Even it I do not draw the same conclusions.Sometimes I wish it were more in some areas. What is hard to understand is how anyone can insist that there is not much here.When I simply ask to what is the reasoning behind some statements made that have no apparent factual basis,I get more of the same and I'm labeled some type of "Atlanta Pollyanna".Can I genuinely like a place and be a voice of reason and logic?
Amen to that!

Why exactly would anyone continue to live in a failed city??? If it's so bad then WALK to where you want to go if you don't want to take Delta.

Seriously though, every city has naysayers. The odd thing about Atlanta is that our naysayers always try to make the city lesser than it is. I guess thats the way it goes when you're HOT
 
Old 06-20-2009, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Triangle, North Carolina
2,816 posts, read 9,197,290 times
Reputation: 1494
Thread is getting way out of hand. Time to stop the nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top