U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:12 AM

9 posts, read 71,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinapride View Post
I must admit,I'm a little surprised to know that there are so many hispanic gangs in the Atlanta area,with the African American population there,but that's not to say anything about one race over another.In truth crime is colorless,even when it comes to gang activity.I was just wondering though just how severe the problem is there though,Do people actually fear to walk the streets,that they might be mugged or beat up?

^^^
The Hispanic population in Georgia is really into gangbanging and they have been since the earlly 90's. As far as the blacks, not as much. Atlanta is a drug dealers city, not a gang bangers city. Cities like LA, Chicago and others concentrate on gang banging, cities like Atlanta, Philly, Washington D.C and others concentrate on selling drugs. They are both just as bad as the other, just different. Im from Hammond, IN right outside of Chicago and my town had a real bad gang problem. Before I moved here I thought it would be safer because Atlanta does not have a gang problem like there is where Im from. I came here to go to school and I soon recieved a rude awakeining, yes Atlanta does not have gangs, but they have drug dealers and drug crews that run rampant thru the city ( as the police here are a joke). To me the gangs back home are easier to deal with because they yes they may be dangerous, but usually they are into petty small stuff, they care more about "repping their gang" than anything else. Here in Atlanta you have drug crews like BMF, MDC, and YSM who ride around the city in Ferraris, BMW's and care only about money which in turn opens up many more doors for them to do what they please... i.e. paying off police, moving next door to you in your downtown condo, etc. You all are missing the point, I'll take gangs anyday over the drug dealers that run around Atlanta. At least where gangs are concerned they stay in their respective areas, so you can avoid them. Here in Atlanta the drug dealers may be from the ghetto, but they make their money and move downtown, midtown, Buckhead, next door to you in your condo high rise. You see them next to you at the red light in their new BMW, you cant escape them!!!! I moved into a high rise in midtown, and a week after I moved in the DEA kicked in this dude's door on my same floor, then a month later someone was carjacked and killed in my buildings parking garage!!!!! Give me LA or Chicago anyday, at least there the gangbangers cant afford to move where I move. Here in Atlanta the thugs move right door to you no matter how nice of an area you live in!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:54 AM

9 posts, read 71,784 times
Interesting read, apparently I have take back everything I just said about Atlanta not having gangs, I just stuumbled across this, this make sme want to move even more. One good thing these are all neighborhoods inside the perimiter.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Street_Gangs]Atlanta Street Gangs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Old 10-18-2008, 08:39 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,377,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Boy View Post
Interesting read, apparently I have take back everything I just said about Atlanta not having gangs, I just stuumbled across this, this make sme want to move even more. One good thing these are all neighborhoods inside the perimiter.

Atlanta Street Gangs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are articles in the AJC from time to time which lead me to conclude that gangs can be found OTP, particularly in the Norcross/Lilburn area.
Mexican drug cartels set up shop in Atlanta | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/gwinnett/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/10/12/mexican_drugs_atlanta.html - broken link)

Old 12-13-2008, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 19,706 times
gangs in atlanta?...in atlanta ther are alot of different kind i gangs...nortenos 14, surenos 13,la raza,18 street, riverside 13,MS 13, brownside locos, latin kings, vatos locos,bloods,crips, GD, and others. and its not just latinos and blacks in gangs.white people to.some people say "we need to stop all this gang activity.you could lock all gang members up.you wont stop it.its goin to be goin and goin.its never going to stop.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:36 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,738,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
There are articles in the AJC from time to time which lead me to conclude that gangs can be found OTP, particularly in the Norcross/Lilburn area.
Mexican drug cartels set up shop in Atlanta | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/gwinnett/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/10/12/mexican_drugs_atlanta.html - broken link)
Hike,
The new issue of Forbes has a multipage article on the drug cartels. #1 location? Atlanta and the Atlanta area, just wonderful.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:48 PM

719 posts, read 1,031,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Hike,
The new issue of Forbes has a multipage article on the drug cartels. #1 location? Atlanta and the Atlanta area, just wonderful.
Hi, Georgia,

I was looking at Forbes.com for an article on the drug cartels but there was nothing in the current edition that I could find. Do you have any more details?

Old 12-13-2008, 01:58 PM

2,779 posts, read 6,738,303 times
It is the magazine dated December 22, 2008. Front cover Mexican Meltdown.
Starts on page 73.
One of the quotes in the article on page 80.
"THE CARTEL HAVE FOUND OPPORTUNITY IN AMERICA. ATLANTA IS NOW A MAIN DISTRIBUTION CENTER FOR COCAINE".

Old 12-13-2008, 09:06 PM

719 posts, read 1,031,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
It is the magazine dated December 22, 2008. Front cover Mexican Meltdown.
Starts on page 73.
One of the quotes in the article on page 80.
"THE CARTEL HAVE FOUND OPPORTUNITY IN AMERICA. ATLANTA IS NOW A MAIN DISTRIBUTION CENTER FOR COCAINE".
Thanks. I guess it's only available in the printed version. I'll go get a copy. That sounds pretty interesting.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:16 AM

8,011 posts, read 7,001,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
'Death in Dixie', was on tonight on 'Gangland' on the History Channel. Specifically highlighted 'Metro Atlanta' with Gwinette, Dekalb, and even Cobb.

2008 episode so it's up to date. Reminds me of the two lil bastards that car-jacked, kidknapped me.
Hey man.I meant to ask you where it was you were carjacked?We have not agreed in the past but I stand with you in getting harder sentences and punish people who commit these crimes.I have even lost more much of the respect I had for Shirley Franklin.I don't think she is a bad Mayor (or person),but she is not stellar either by any means.I got to admit with Bill Campbell as her predecessor ,she is at least fairly honest.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:33 AM

1,448 posts, read 1,655,239 times
The mayor's daughter marrying a drug dealer was a slap in the face for msot decent Black men in Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta