Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 AM

4 posts, read 12,252 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me any information on Grant Park, Ormewood, East Atlanta, Lakewood? What are the best/worst places to live? I'm going to work in Midtown, so really anywhere that's accessable to there good (I listed those places because I found
cheap rental listings there).

It's just my wife and I (no kids) so schools aren't an issue. Walkable communities are good. Good restaurants and nightlife is good, too. We have a dog, so dog-friendly communities are cool - no apartments.

We're going to try to rent a house (we're still trying to sell our other house where we're moving from). Does anyone know a good realator
that has rentals or a good Property Management company that's trustworthy?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 01:45 PM

23,299 posts, read 43,744,365 times
Of the four, E Atlanta is probably your best bet...it has a great central business district, and it's important that you find out how convenient a prospective rental is to that area. Most, but not all of E Atlanta is OK...if you're close to the entertainment area, you'll probably be fine.
Grant Park, then Ormewood would be my next choices. I would avoid Lakewood completely.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:10 PM

4 posts, read 12,252 times
LovinDecatur,

Thanks for the info. That's definitely helpful.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM

23,299 posts, read 43,744,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennj View Post
LovinDecatur,

Thanks for the info. That's definitely helpful.
Sure.
Oh, and here's an intown mgmt co I often recommend.

www.bradenfellman.com

Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 PM

9 posts, read 82,371 times
Kirkwood, Edgewood, Cabbagetown and Reynoldstown are also good choices.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 7,314 times
Hi Bennj,

I dont know if you have found a house for rent yet but I ran across your post actually trying to post information about my rental. The home that I have for rent is a craftsman style bungalow in East Lake/Kirkwood. It is perfect for a small family. It is fully restored and has a wonderful backyard for dogs! If you are interested please respond and I can send you the information and pictures.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:07 PM

8 posts, read 36,502 times
Default Similar question..

I didn't want to start a new thread.. my question is pretty much the same.

I've been looking online and have found some houses in East Lake, and are usually titled as home in "East Lake/Kirkwood". Is East Lake in or around Kirkwood? Would you recommend this area as well?

Old 11-23-2008, 09:27 PM

16,626 posts, read 29,278,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylornicole View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread.. my question is pretty much the same.

I've been looking online and have found some houses in East Lake, and are usually titled as home in "East Lake/Kirkwood". Is East Lake in or around Kirkwood? Would you recommend this area as well?

Yes, it is.

NEIGHBORHOOD NAMES (http://www.arch.gatech.edu/~dapa/reports/atlneighchg/page-Images/neigh.html#Neig - broken link)

1) Click on the photo.

2) Then click on "200."

*You will find Kirkwood and East Lake in the extreme eastern part of the city.

I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Old 11-23-2008, 09:35 PM

8 posts, read 36,502 times
Ha, you weren't kidding. Thanks!

I've heard very little about the area, but I have heard that they're sort of "revamping" it a bit. All of the places I've looked at have been renovated, but can the same be said for all of East Lake?

Old 11-24-2008, 02:26 AM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,718,924 times
I recommend the neighborhood, with all proper precautions taken that come with in-town living. Then you can have a peace of mind enjoyably time here. I live south of east lake proper. You will find that in the past few years many people have bought and revamped older homes as a speculative bid, all over the east side. Sometimes real estate agents flat out LIE as they post their MLS stuff and call these houses built "2005" or whatever when its a 50 year old house renovated in 2005. I ran into this when looking for my place.

That said, you will also find new construction, or newer at least. Some of east lake lies in city of atlanta and almost all of kirkwood does - so do your tax research if this is a concern.

Overall between east lake and e atl and in between, quite a difference, often on a street by street basis regarding upkeep and crime and residents. This is not bad, as overall the areas are improving. If renting, simply driving through is advised, as I cannot tell you of any prominent rental company to help out.

Good luck and in this part of town im a halfway expert, tho not at all like lovindecatur and the like, but I'd be glad to help out

For one real tip, if not able to drive through than you want to stay west of candler, closer to 2nd or west of 2nd, IMO, and I live in this area. If you can drive through, again - each street can be different. Let us know..

VJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: