Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:18 PM

1,320 posts, read 4,273,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
The thing I love about Druid Hills is its' variety, Intown. So many people think Druid Hills is simply the 'mansion' area of Clifton/Lullwater/Oakdale/Oxford/Springdale; however, the area east of that, while more modest, is so charming. It's a real 'nooks and crannies' neighborhood, with houses tucked down alleys, hillsides and wooded lanes. I particularly like the area around Chelsea Drive, where it feels like you're in a funky mountain community. You'd be hard-pressed to find that anywhere else intown (or out).
Yes, that Fernbank area is nice but I've been in love with Lullwater since I was a little kid out taking a Sunday drive. There's one house in particular -- grey shingle with a matching carriage house -- that I absolutely adore. The Coventry/Chelsea area is very charming but not the neighborhood of my dreams like Lullwater/Oakdale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntownHomes247 View Post
Yes, that Fernbank area is nice but I've been in love with Lullwater since I was a little kid out taking a Sunday drive. There's one house in particular -- grey shingle with a matching carriage house -- that I absolutely adore. The Coventry/Chelsea area is very charming but not the neighborhood of my dreams like Lullwater/Oakdale.
I know the house you're speaking of...it is lovely. My favorite is the mansion that I believe is just to the right of your fave.
My grandparents lived on Lullwater. I always thought it was fascinating that the houses had alleys behind them enclosed in privet hedges for the servants to access their houses of employ; that way they couldn't be seen on the streets.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:03 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Since everyone is ITP on this, I'll put down a vote for an old historic house in Marietta, in the Kennesaw Ave or Church/Cherokee Street or Whitlock Ave areas. Needs to have a big backyard with huge trees, lots of azaleas and dogwoods, maybe a magnolia out front.

been in TX too long......

(needed a good excuse to use that new one)

Old 09-28-2008, 01:01 AM

968 posts, read 2,617,804 times
I **heart** Druid Hills and I would want own a home in the area. While D.Hills is not as walkable as some other communities, the access from D.Hills to other areas is PRICELESS!!!

Maybe I'll be fortunate to have a home in D.Hills some day!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 02:40 PM

159 posts, read 456,132 times
I live in Mableton and love it. Rural enough and only ten miles from town. Very safe and convenient to everything. And affordable. It's Atlanta's best kept secret. Also Smyrna is a good area not too far from town and very convenient. This area is being revitalized with lots of new subdivisions.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:50 PM

200 posts, read 983,137 times
The Garden Hills section of Buckhead or Druid Hills

Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 AM

188 posts, read 680,050 times
In terms of traffic, crime, house prices, schools, etc: if you could pick up and move right now to another area in Atlanta... where would you move to and why? Or would you stay in the neighborhood you currently live in, and why?

Most probably the OP is not a person where money is not a constraint or she is very affluent. If she were then she would not be asking question here in this forum.

I think it you live and work in Alpharetta, it is one of the best places to be.

Traffic in the City of Alpharetta is not too bad. Crime is unheard of. Prices can vary from million dollar homes to new construction SFH's starting from low 200's. Some of the best schools in the state and subarban atlanta are in Alpharetta.

If you want to be closer to Atlanta, my choice would be Roswell /East cobb.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:51 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaMom View Post
In terms of traffic, crime, house prices, schools, etc: if you could pick up and move right now to another area in Atlanta... where would you move to and why? Or would you stay in the neighborhood you currently live in, and why?
I love where I am right now. Then again, we just moved into our current house three years ago, so our requirements haven't really changed.

Short commute, pretty and safe neighborhood, and convenient (for us) location. What more could I reasonably ask for?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:44 PM

5 posts, read 15,213 times
Move to the South side of Atlanta...such counties as Fayette, Henry and Cowetta!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta