U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which carrier do you use?
Verizon 19 48.72%
Sprint 3 7.69%
T-Mobile 4 10.26%
Metro PCS 1 2.56%
AT&T 11 28.21%
Other that I left out. 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:22 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,013,308 times

Advertisements

Who do you use? How do you like them? Do you like them? How's their coverage around Atlanta?

I need a new phone and have been with Sprint for about 6 years, I was set on switching to Verizon but they lack the 'Live TV' that I use on the bus quite a bit. I know Verizon's coverage is better but I'm still leaning towards staying with Sprint.

We use T-Mobile for our BlackBeries at work.

By reading.....I'm not impressed with the Iphone b/c the lack of wi-fi, blue tooth, lack of live tv, coverage of at&t. But I want to hear from others.

I was looking at Verizon, LG VU but no 'TV'

Sprint, I like the new HTC Touch Diamond but probably too much phone so I'm leaning towards the Instinct. Anyone have that phone around here. My Samsung's TV is actually pretty good in Atlanta, about 3 dead spots while switching towers from Acworth to Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 02:18 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,255,460 times
Quote:
I'm not impressed with the Iphone b/c the lack of wi-fi, blue tooth, lack of live tv, coverage of at&t.
What are you talking about? It certainly DOES have wifi and bluetooth. And, I've NEVER had a dropped call w/ Cingular/AT&T. Also, you can download an app that connects to live TV.
Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications

Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,013,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningncircles1 View Post
What are you talking about? It certainly DOES have wifi and bluetooth. And, I've NEVER had a dropped call w/ Cingular/AT&T. Also, you can download an app that connects to live TV.
Apple - iPhone - Technical Specifications
Your right about the wi-fi, sorry, as for the blue tooth though, you can only connnect to a mono headset, right? You can't connect to any other devices like a computer.

How's the live TV app? Good constant connection/stream when moving in a vehicle?

Old 09-26-2008, 08:02 AM

9,188 posts, read 30,182,027 times
Well, Verizon is going to have live tv at some point, and they do by far have the best coverage. But only you can decide what your priorities are... tv or not dropping calls.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:29 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,065,346 times
Before moving to Atlanta I lived in a remote community where the only available cellphone provider had simply terrible national coverage. It was always a hassle when traveling - my phone just wouldn't work in lots of places. If there's one time I really want to have a usable mobile phone, it's when I'm away from home.

Therefore, on moving to Atlanta, my top priority in picking a provider was coverage. I've been with Verizon ever since, and I'm happy. Hubby wants to switch to AT&T when our contract is next up, though, sigh. He wants an iPhone.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:17 AM

1,516 posts, read 6,145,643 times
I have T-mobile and HATE IT. it cuts me off every half mile. Everyone else I know has Verizon and LOVES IT!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 AM

13,140 posts, read 20,709,679 times
Yup, Verizon seems to have the best national coverage.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:08 AM

12 posts, read 49,437 times
Default Carrier

I started out with Verizon as my 1st carrier. I never had any problems with their service and my first year with them their customer service was superb(the quality went down when I moved to Atlanta). So I kept with them. They definitely have good coverage and I don't think I ever dropped a call.

I recently moved to AT&T for the iPhone, it definitely has all the features I want/need. I can SSH/VPN connect to websites I need, get info I need on the fly and the built in GPS rocks and of course email from multiple accounts. Unfortunately Verizon had nothing that competes with the iPhone otherwise I'd still be with them.

AT&T Service seems acceptable, but not as widespread as Verizon was.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:01 PM

7,846 posts, read 14,854,993 times
I have AT&T and use a 3G/HSDPA phone and have no coverage issues in the metro area. Coverage is great compared to New England where VZW was the only game in town and AT&T had more dead zones than a grade B zombie movie.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:07 PM

955 posts, read 3,488,736 times
I have VZ and have no problems at all, anywhere in Metro Atlanta. My wife has Sprint and runs into service issues in some spots. Our neighbors just both moved to AT&T Iphones, and they say the service stinks in their own home (Brookhaven area).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta