U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 02:36 PM

606 posts, read 1,703,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Ive noticed that on every thread dealing with anything remotely about Atlanta.You ALWAYS have something negative to say.You live in Newnan?Thats not even Atlanta.
Anything within 60 miles of Atlanta is Atlanta.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:43 PM

341 posts, read 1,199,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
Anything within 60 miles of Atlanta is Atlanta.

^^^
No its not, you dont live in Atlanta, you live in Newnan

Old 11-19-2008, 02:47 PM

20,950 posts, read 32,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
^^^
I think Newnan can be considered metro; it's chock full of airline pilots for one thing. If you haven't been down there lately, I can tell you that it is definitely feeling the effects of Atlanta's growth.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
^^^
If Gwinnett is Atlanta, so is Newnan.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 PM

20,950 posts, read 32,935,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I can't believe that you guys actually dragged this thread back on topic! That was quite impressive. I go to bed, everything goes to hell and makes it all the way back in 4 pages - all while I was sleeping...

Can we all agree that Charlotte is in a league with cities like Nashville, Tampa, Indianapolis, Austin, Cleveland, etc.? And can we all agree that Atlanta is in a league with cities like D.C., Dallas, Miami, Philadelphia, Houston, etc.? So there is no need to compare a city from one league with a city from the other unless it is to help make a moving decision.

Atlanta has like four of Charlotte's skylines and has more to offer of everything...because it's a much bigger city. That's just the way things are in a bigger city. If for some reason we started comparing Charlotte to Columbia it would be the same deal - Charlotte has like four of Columbia's skyline and has more to offer of everything...because it's a much bigger city.
Deacon, as usual you are the voice of reason...unfortunately, reason seldom prevails on these city comparison threads.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:06 PM

12,918 posts, read 21,003,576 times
Quote:
Ive noticed that on every thread dealing with anything remotely about Atlanta.You ALWAYS have something negative to say.You live in Newnan?Thats not even Atlanta.
Newnan is definitely "Atlanta"...it is full-on Metro. However, "Mr. North Dakota" does have it out for Atlanta.

Bismarck beckons...

Old 11-19-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Newnan is definitely "Atlanta"...it is full-on Metro. However, "Mr. North Dakota" does have it out for Atlanta.

Bismarck beckons...
LOL, stop calling me "Mr. North Dakota".

Old 11-19-2008, 03:12 PM

6,249 posts, read 9,661,414 times
Quote:
Actually you can do the same things in New York that you can do in Atlanta.Cities are cities.There are historical and cultural things that make them different but for the most part you can do most of the same things everywhere.I guess the answer has more to do with the frequency,the quality,quanity and reputation.Its pretty much just a matter of "more OF".Generally speaking,someone moving to Charlotte will move there because they want a slower pace.The Op said himself that he liked Columbus,OH.In that case he would probably like Charlotte better because its a smaller version of Atlanta.Someone wanting to from a city more likely would only move to Charlotte to live in its suburbs.Atlanta has both attractions.No one from Boston will move to Charlotte for a "big city" experience as they are more likely to find in Atlanta.Atlanta intown area is the fastest growing in the nation(thats the city).
I was gonna stop posting on this thread, but I had to reply to this quote because there is a slight error. Charlotte's uptown (downtown) is growing like a weed.

Have you ever heard of the Novare group? You should being that they are based in Atlanta. New comers to Charlotte are choosing the urban high rise life too!!! Check out the Charlotte projects Novare is building as well as other cities in the south.
Novare Group - Current Projects (http://www.novaregroup.com/development_projects.html - broken link)

The tallest condo tower in Charlotte is being built by a different group than Novare. This tower will stand 50 plus storeys tall.
The VUE Charlotte (http://www.vuecharlotte.com/vue_content.html - broken link)

Here is my personal video that shows the current construction of The Vue.

YouTube - Urban Charlotte

Atlanta does have more urban options than Charlotte. Nobody is debating that. Atlanta also has more suburban options too. My point is that Charlotte can show a newcomer a rail transit oriented community and a high rise condo too. Atlanta does not have the monopoly on this in dixie anymore thanks to Charlotte.

One more thing, here is a video of Charlotte's Nascar Hall of Fame site (I hate Nascar BTW) taken from the Stonewall Street light rail station. Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6tvbInoIdI (the hall and Nascar tower is the first 7 seconds of the video)

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 11-19-2008 at 03:24 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 PM

12,918 posts, read 21,003,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
LOL, stop calling me "Mr. North Dakota".
Well, that's where you're from, and you hate the ATL...the trees, the people, the diversity, the crime, the traffic, etc.

I thought it was fitting, brother-man!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Well, that's where you're from, and you hate the ATL...the trees, the people, the diversity, the crime, the traffic, etc.

I thought it was fitting, brother-man!
Well, fortunately with all the development going on in metro Atlanta, there wont be a lot of trees 20-30 years from now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or