Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 01:14 PM

5 posts, read 15,988 times

Advertisements

I got a new job on powers ferry road close to Akers Mill / Cumberland Blvd. Looking for an apartment close by between $600-$800 for 1br/Studio. Not too thrilled about the ones I've found, I'd rather be in an area with a little more going on. Willing to commute around 15-20 minutes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahousemedia View Post
I got a new job on powers ferry road close to Akers Mill / Cumberland Blvd. Looking for an apartment close by between $600-$800 for 1br/Studio. Not too thrilled about the ones I've found, I'd rather be in an area with a little more going on. Willing to commute around 15-20 minutes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Vinings is very close to that area.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 PM

5 posts, read 28,766 times
Vinings is the way to go if you want more nice restaurants, culture, and a good late 20's-40's scene. There are a lot of great restaurants and small shops to check out. The apartments are usually expensive, but you can find some good deals a little further away from the middle of Vinings.
Also, check out Atlanta Road toward the Smyrna Market Village, or West on Atlanta Road towards the new up and coming West Village.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Since it's in the immediate area, I'm moving this to the Atlanta room where you will most likely get more answers.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:14 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,774,612 times
Check out the Market Village area in Smyrna as well (near Atlanta Rd / Spring Rd intersection where Spring Street crosses Atlanta Rd). There may be some rentals mixed in there (most will probably be private rentals), though most are owner-occupied. There's quite a few restaurants in there, a few parks, community center, library, etc. It's also where Smyrna festivals are held. However, no swim/tennis communities very close to Market Village, as far as I know. You'd have to go to a park for that. The closest ones are South on Atlanta or East on Spring Rd.

Old 01-20-2010, 06:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahousemedia View Post

Thanks!
Hi, THE BEST Apartment Complex in the area is Walton on the Chattahoochee, owned by Walton Communities. It is on Akers Mill Road, slightly over one-half mile from Cumberland Blvd. It is right on the River, with a great River Park, very dog friendly, it's gated, both the office and maintenance staffs are are A-One and their attention to detail is beyond outstanding, and most of all, it's quiet and the rents are surprisingly competitive. The approval rating on Apartment Ratings is one of the highest around. Walton is a local management company and most all of their properties are in Cobb County.

Please, whatever you do, STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from Stone Ridge at Vinings Apartments owned by The Connor Group, LLC. It is the WORST apartment complex in the State of Georgia. Yes, it may have cheap rents; but, I speak from experience when I tell you that you will be purely miserable there. Also, by the time you add in the outrageously over priced bills for water, sewer, common power, common gas, trash, and billing fee - which will total at least $125.00 per month payable to a company that is also owned by The Connor Group. This management company is staffed by some of the most heartless people I have ever known. The will be all sugar and spice when you are looking to rent there; but they will turn their back on you before the ink is dry after you sign the lease. True, it is quiet there; however, it is because the complex is almost 75% empty.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me. Last Summer, I looked at every complex in Vinings before I choose Walton on the Chattahoochee and I can tell you the good and bad of all. My e-mail address is mmartin0464@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: