U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:36 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,982,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
easy.. The black media (jet, ebony, bet, black enterprise, essence, tyler perry, etc) is bias to atlanta. Rich blacks get a lot of love here in atlanta. They probably get more love here than anywhere else. Most of the women move here to go to college thinking there is a lot of black men going to college, they end up staying here, which explains the woman/man ration. There are still not many black men in college.
+1

Old 10-09-2008, 11:08 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,252,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Easy.. The black media (JET, Ebony, BET, Black Enterprise, Essence, Tyler Perry, etc) is bias to Atlanta. Rich blacks get a lot of love here in Atlanta. They probably get more love here than anywhere else. Most of the women move here to go to college thinking there is a lot of black men going to college, they end up staying here, which explains the woman/man ration. There are still not many black men in college.
Ok how do explain the Outer perimeter population?Its not by far more blacks than whites moving here.There is only 13percent in America.So are we all here in Atlanta?There are many black colleges here in Atlanta.The student population at most of those is still close to half and half.True women are usually the higher number biut not by much at HBCU'S.SO what if its black and not white people?It still an American city where Americans come from all over to live for whatever reason.The fgact that you focus on the black media is interesting.What about CNN,Turner Studios,Forbes,Forturne,INC,USA Today etc.All these media outlets have rank Atlanta high if not number 1.The people that are white that are flocking here are flocking here because there is money to be maid and the other reason are high as well.Atlanta by the end the century will have the highest number of millionaires than any other place in America based on current trends.If thats the case who would not want to join in that prosperity reguardless if you are white or black.

Atlanta,according to the lastest census was the number one of two cities in America where the trend of whites moving in was up dramtically up.The other was D.C..Reducing Atlantas majority black population at a one time high of 69percent to now 58 percent.I think there are opinions and there are educated guess.No offence but yours was just B.S.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:14 PM

9,086 posts, read 13,252,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Atlanta= crime,pollen,polution,traffic,racial politics and no history!
What place does not have any of that?Curious to know where you live.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:38 AM

755 posts, read 2,030,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaMay View Post
Oh to continue on luckysnap's comments, let me add. Home Invasion Robberies, Smash & Grab robberies, No ZONING LAWS... we have factories next to housing developments, next to churches, next to shopping centers. Bizarre! Freeways... outside of the perimeter, its so hard to get around North Atlanta. One lane roads at rush hour totally bring traffic to gridlock. ever hear of 'out in the sticks"? Its because of all the pine trees, all you see is the tree trunk... and besides, whats on the other side of those trees???? Having moved from Los Angeles to Atl 2 yrs ago, theres more Chinese, Indo-Paks and muslums here than there, NOT THAT THERES ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I love going to the shopping center and trying to figure out what some of the stores are that are written in Chinese. It makes my day soooo challenging.
So what your saying is that you don't like Atlanta?

Old 10-10-2008, 06:09 AM

263 posts, read 1,022,302 times
Like I said b4, Atlanta is the best city in America. I think I need to say this again.

-No other city had or currently have more sporting events than Atlanta to include the Olympics, every type of professional sports, bowl games, etc.

- Atlanta is one of the cheapest large cities in America

- Atlanta has the best skyline outside of Chicago, Ny, and Miami. Not many other cities have several skylines like Atlanta

- Largest Airport in America

- Suburbs named as one of the best places in America to retire

- Largest black professional middle class in America (No other city in America has as many nice middle class homes like in South Fulton and parts of Dekalb County)

- Atlanta has the best looking women outside of the women in LA. Atlanta has the best looking black women in America.

- Has the best Hip Hop artists outside of Nyc

- Outside of NY, LA, and Miami no other city has as many celebs as Atlanta. Celebs arent moving here just because

- Besides Miami, no other city is as pretty as Atlanta

- We dont have to worry about hurricanes, snowstorms, and earthquakes

- Not many other cities has as many malls

- One of the best cities for small businesses

- Always something to do some Stone Mountain, Six Flags, Aquarium, MLK, arts musuems, festivals, etc. Most cities in the north shut down in the winter, Atlanta is still alive all winter

- best stripclubs in america

- near florida, new orleans, charlotte, etc

- best food in america (down home soul food)

- great colleges

- more diverse than boston, denver, seattle, etc

The future is bright with SOB, Midtown Mile, Beltline, Doraville/Hapeville plant reconstruction, National Health Musuem, Civil Rights Musuem, 180 Peachtree, Town: Brookhaven, etc

If you dont like Atlanta take your *** back home

Old 10-10-2008, 07:53 AM

8,521 posts, read 13,945,936 times
RG,

you got it right. All I was doing was relaying a PRECONCEIVED NOTION.

I was not stating that from my own experience. It certainly is not my frame of thought.

But I guess I should not ask anything about Atlanta again. I never intened to offened anyone. I just wanted decent dialouge. I think people think I am bashing their city. (shrugs shouldersk)

I think one post implied I "take my ass back home". I am not sure if that was directed to me but WOW.

If someone does not like Chicago the thought of telling someone to take their ass back home would never cross my mind but than again I try to remain a gentleman even in the presence of ignorance.

Good day RG.

cr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswlguy View Post
Hey Zel, I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate and state that I truly don't believe the OP had any "inflamatory" preconceived notions ...
When someone states, they've got a "bad rap" ... that is short for "rapport" or perhaps "reputation" ...

Many people have some rather negative perceptions about a great deal of things ... here's an article that I thought give a pretty decent dialogue on someone "getting a bad rap":

glennsacks.com | American Fathers Get a Bad Rap

Just in my own mind ... CR wasn't inventing issue ... I truly believe he was conveying a preconceived notion ... which is pretty typical these days. If we TRULY want to change that perception ... then accept their feelings, ask questions positively and turn everything around.

OH ... if you want "inflamatory" ... here's the NEXT POST:

Now that will start fires WORTH putting out, right? BTW, best 2 u..

Old 10-10-2008, 08:11 AM

22,792 posts, read 34,834,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
RG,

you got it right. All I was doing was relaying a PRECONCEIVED NOTION.
Well, if not yours, then whose preconceived notion? You have yet to cite any sources of all this negative information that you claim is being disseminated about our city. Your thread is entirely based on this supposition, and you seem to believe that we should all just accept that our city enjoys a bad reputation and cite the reasons why. When this was pointed out to you, you acted all put-upon and offended and "above it all". Well, we didn't pick this fight...you did.
Tell me, are all Chicagoans this obtuse and passive-aggressive?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:16 AM

I said in my original post- " I talk to folks all the time about Atlanta". Do you want to know their names?

These are people I have worked with, interact with, in passing,etc............

I never would have thought people would be so offened by a question. I was asking for clarification. Since i have olny talked to people that have shared THEIR experience I figured I would ask folks that actually live there and get their perspective. In doing so I THOUGT I would get a fair and balanced discussion, I guess I thought wrong.

I think, for some reason, many think I am BASHING ATL.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:21 AM

22,792 posts, read 34,834,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I said in my original post- " I talk to folks all the time about Atlanta". Do you want to know their names?

These are people I have worked with, interact with, in passing,etc............
Don't bother; we've heard it all before on here...please give these "Atlanta experts" our best regards.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:29 AM

Wow!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or