U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:08 AM

7,408 posts, read 10,078,074 times

Advertisements

If you visit a now closed thread about the desire for a civil war museum in Centennial Olympic Park (closed because it deginerated into a discussion on race relations) you will see the OP is wanting a reparations check so she can make the move to Atlanta. Her post is what sparked the 90 degree turn that ended up with the moderator shutting down the thread.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:09 PM

4 posts, read 12,657 times
In response to these posts, I am annoyed that some are trying to prevent me from moving to Atlanta. There is only one judge and that is God, so chil and let my father do his job.

I visited this weekend, and went to College Park - it was not a very good area. I want to stay in a nice area, and College Park is not nice.

I realize the cost of living is higher in Atlanta but I am now rethinking my strategy and with some government assistance due to me a single mother of 4 beautiful chilren, I would now be able to afford to stay in an apartment for $650.

After this weekend, I liked these areas the bestest:
Around Lenox Mall
Around Perimeter Mall

They have bus stations and are around skyscrapers, which is where I like to work. They are also close to nightlife.

Havent gotten a job or looked but like I said I want a part time receptionist job, and no nights or weekends (I want a social life)

Please recommendate areas to stay now that my preferences have changed.

Thanks for the tips on the dating scene. I went out while in Atlanta this weekend to the Velvet Room and loved it!

Also, please give me more tips for a young, single, fun african american woman to pick up guys. So far Fox Grille has been mentioned. Any others?FYI I am not open to dating other races, african american only.

Thank you,
Patsie

Old 10-20-2008, 03:47 PM

967 posts, read 3,500,882 times
Well you're on the right track. Lenox and Perimeter Mall areas are some of the bestest parts of Atlanta. They will fit your requirements in terms of tall buildings (though Buckhead has much more than Perimeter), bus stations, jobs, etc. Good luck!

Old 10-20-2008, 03:53 PM
VJP

657 posts, read 1,447,772 times
Mmmm hungry troll.

You can't find anything in the bestest parts of atlanta for 1 person in those areas for $650, much less for you and four children. I'm glad you only get jobs where and when you want them, great!

I'm glad the government assistance will be helping you, and please, be sure to send myself and the other responsible city-data forum users a thank you note for the all the money we give you.

Troll snack time over.

-VJ

Old 10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
VJP

657 posts, read 1,447,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pos1t1vePats1e View Post

Havent gotten a job or looked but like I said I want a part time receptionist job, and no nights or weekends (I want a social life)
We can't always have what we want.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 PM

23,112 posts, read 35,061,639 times
When do you have time for clubbing with 4 kids? When I was raising mine, clubbing was a foreign concept. You must have superior time management skills.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,626 times
Patsie
Im a young single african american man living in the Atlanta area and agree with the posters.I feel we all understand that you enjoy the enjoy the good parts about living in ATL.The problem here is not that anyone is talking you out of coming I think its more along the lines of you have not prepared yourself. From your post I find you to be very devote in your religion and think that great however God would never put more on you than you can bear and moving to Atlanta under the terms that you posted would be far more than anyone could handle.

Atlanta is a great place as you can see however the areas that you have choosen are also the most expensive areas in the city. My girlfriend and I moved to the Atlanta area to work for a Big 4 CPA firm and after years of hard work was hired.We have a nice 2 bedroom Loft in Atlantic Station to be close to work and the nightlife.Now Atlantic station is located in Midtown in the market of which you speak of and I can tell the cheapest you will find an apartment is $1200 for a 1br 1 bath apartment.Our 2bedroom loft runs us $1900 per month add all other cost and we come in close to $2500-$2600 per month. Now these numbers do not show the cost for food,parking,Gas,and money for nightlife.

I fully understand how you feel I have a cousin who came to visit with us about a year ago and I really tried to show them a great time from Braves games trips to Six flags etc.Before taken her and her kids to the Airport she walked over to the Publix to grab all of the Apartment guides ready to pack up and move from NC.My advice to her was are you crazy why would you take such a careless decison with your children well being to have fun.

Last finding a man well sister how can I put it Atlanta has alot to offer for single men.Now im unsure of the true Ratio however before moving I was told 11 to 1 in favor of men. Now I have been with the same women for 8 years and will soon be getting married.What you will find out about the Midtown Buckhead area about the African American men is that we want women who can bring just as much to the table as them.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:55 PM

70 posts, read 274,473 times
To the OP, stop playin'. You are a joke!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:57 PM

7,408 posts, read 10,078,074 times
With all that clubbing and men chasing, better look for something that will hold more than 4 kids

Old 10-20-2008, 08:54 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,240,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pos1t1vePats1e View Post
I realize the cost of living is higher in Atlanta but I am now rethinking my strategy and with some government assistance due to me a single mother of 4 beautiful chilren, I would now be able to afford to stay in an apartment for $650.

After this weekend, I liked these areas the bestest:
Around Lenox Mall
Around Perimeter Mall

Also, please give me more tips for a young, single, fun african american woman to pick up guys.

And in light of the above comments, I do believe this confirms the original post was not legit and someone is trying to spark things up a bit. Sorry - not the place for it.

If anyone disagrees, let me know (I'm sure you will ) but I do believe this is a good case of trolling and in need of closin' the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or