U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:45 AM

412 posts, read 427,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkeshaThnx4Lyfe View Post
That's not what I was told. I have some friends on this website that know what is really going on with the Census. They warned me about all of this negativity. So so sad.

I have *FAITH*. I will get a stylist job which will lead to a singing career due to my natural talent. I have two angels boys who love their mama. Life is good and i will push through all this.

~Markesha
Hun, the everyday posters here who tell you those things are business people who want to profit from you. They cannot guarantee a job, they cannot guarantee you section 8 housing. I know you are an optimist and that is great, but understand when people hide there is usually something wrong with what they are saying. They hide because they know they are not supposed to 'advertise' their services here. They are not telling you the truth. There is no evidence that shows the Census is calling more unemployed people to Atlanta just to make the population numbers higher. Atlanta would not have enough jobs for everyone. Atlanta hardly has the infrastructure to house the people they have right now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 09:32 AM

8,862 posts, read 8,806,721 times
Quote:
That's not what I was told. I have some friends on this website that know what is really going on with the Census. They warned me about all of this negativity. So so sad.

I have *FAITH*. I will get a stylist job which will lead to a singing career due to my natural talent. I have two angels boys who love their mama. Life is good and i will push through all this.

~Markesha
'Really going on with the Census'--I can't imagine that employers would be concerned about the Census. Generally they are concerned about your ability to perform a job.

I wish you well and it is good to have Faith but pragmatism and realism are needed as well, at least that has been my experience.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:08 PM

75 posts, read 59,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
'Really going on with the Census'--I can't imagine that employers would be concerned about the Census. Generally they are concerned about your ability to perform a job.

I wish you well and it is good to have Faith but pragmatism and realism are needed as well, at least that has been my experience.
Thank you for your help and please pass my name that way if you hear of any stylists or singing opporutnites. Or greeters aka receptionists.

~Markesha

Old 05-10-2011, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 965 times
housing options are the toughest here. when yo come without a job or income verification. I know, I did it. my Kids and I enede up in the worst area of Atlanta with a house with no heat or air, Summer in ATL with no heat was not a joke. be sure you have a support system before coming. or atleast a place to stay. btw regarding daycare the last i heard the waitlist was pretty long. when I cam it was silly. If you had a job you went on this long waitlist, but if you didnt have a job you got care right away and had to go through this program to get a job. idk if they still do it that way. It really is tough here. there are some pretty bad areas. those are the areas with more affordable options. Also be cautious about these back door post ATL is a big hub for human trafficing. granted there are still a few good people in this world but be careful. Atlanta is a beautiful place with many options, I love it, but it is getting tough for me too. I am unemployed, a single mother, paying 1050 for rent to be in a good school district. Good luck

Old 05-15-2011, 11:15 AM

75 posts, read 59,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_friese View Post
housing options are the toughest here. when yo come without a job or income verification. I know, I did it. my Kids and I enede up in the worst area of Atlanta with a house with no heat or air, Summer in ATL with no heat was not a joke. be sure you have a support system before coming. or atleast a place to stay. btw regarding daycare the last i heard the waitlist was pretty long. when I cam it was silly. If you had a job you went on this long waitlist, but if you didnt have a job you got care right away and had to go through this program to get a job. idk if they still do it that way. It really is tough here. there are some pretty bad areas. those are the areas with more affordable options. Also be cautious about these back door post ATL is a big hub for human trafficing. granted there are still a few good people in this world but be careful. Atlanta is a beautiful place with many options, I love it, but it is getting tough for me too. I am unemployed, a single mother, paying 1050 for rent to be in a good school district. Good luck
Thank you Jesus for sendin people like you my way as a warning. I have had the realizaton that being a greeter or a stylist is not enough money and ca$h for my kids. No apartments down there will take care of them while i have to work so I need more cas$h. Have you heard of the Flying Biscit? do they have any openings for waitresses?

Praise be to God the Almighty!
~Markesha

Old 05-15-2011, 12:55 PM

412 posts, read 427,940 times
Quote:
Thank you Jesus for sendin people like you my way as a warning. I have had the realizaton that being a greeter or a stylist is not enough money and ca$h for my kids. No apartments down there will take care of them while i have to work so I need more cas$h. Have you heard of the Flying Biscit? do they have any openings for waitresses?

Praise be to God the Almighty!
~Markesha

Lots of posters have been telling you how unrealistic your ideals are. Actually the majority. Except for MikeandIke who fed you the census lie.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 PM

657 posts, read 899,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
Lots of posters have been telling you how unrealistic your ideals are. Actually the majority. Except for MikeandIke who fed you the census lie.
Thanks for finally calling that one out! Rep points to you.

These Atlanta boosters, and their twisted "myth" of Atlanta, actually encourage people to move without jobs because they believe there was a Census conspiracy.

Unbelievable.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:58 PM

7,732 posts, read 7,324,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
Thanks for finally calling that one out! Rep points to you.

These Atlanta boosters, and their twisted "myth" of Atlanta, actually encourage people to move without jobs because they believe there was a Census conspiracy.

Unbelievable.
And yet another strawman. You just don't stop, do you?

Old 05-15-2011, 04:01 PM

657 posts, read 899,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
And yet another strawman. You just don't stop, do you?
How is that a strawman argument? If you follow the line of "reasoning" (for lack of a better expression) above, this poster has been told or encouraged to move to Atlanta by members of this forum in order to inflate low Census results. All of this is motivated by a perceived U.S. Census Bureau conspiracy to diminish Atlanta's population.

I'm just reporting what has been written here. As you seem to be obsessively stalking me on C-D, I'm sure you have more in common with said conspiracists than I do. Maybe you have a better explanation?

Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 PM

7,732 posts, read 7,324,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
How is that a strawman argument? If you follow the line of "reasoning" (for lack of a better expression) above, this poster has been told or encouraged to move to Atlanta by members of this forum in order to inflate low Census results. All of this is motivated by a perceived U.S. Census Bureau conspiracy to diminish Atlanta's population.

I'm just reporting what has been written here. As you seem to be obsessively stalking me on C-D, I'm sure you have more in common with said conspiracists than I do. Maybe you have a better explanation?
How original. Calling you out on your constant and unrelenting lies regarding Atlanta is now considered stalking? LOL! You D.C. people sure do have vivid imaginations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta