Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 05:15 AM

305 posts, read 1,004,830 times

Advertisements

You know what is seriously sad about all of this is simple, you have people on here that are from NY, and they will move here and act like NY is not even there home in front of others, but let thoese who are from Atlanta act like AtL is not there home , not it will never happen.
As for the comments on proper english, I know you are playin right, this is citydata not a resume, now GA maybe know for some things but education is not one of them I have heard that from people who are from ATL. Ever place has its up and downs ATL is for some but the south period is not for ever northern, I have went on more than one interview since I moved here in the south and have been called " yankee" what is up with that, I would never go on a interview and call someone a " redneck" there are things I just dont like about being here we all have our rights to our likes and dislikes, if you see a thread disliking a place then why not keep it moving instead of trying to do the impossible which is change the way a person feels or who a person is, if they feel that way they feel that way for a reason I am sure. But, if you can get on a board and dis, the place you came from, you really dont have too much character to me.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:48 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
^What? I have no idea what you are attempting to say. And you think OUR schools are inferior?

As far as being called a Yankee on a job interview, I don't believe it.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:46 AM

150 posts, read 369,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
there are things I just dont like about being here we all have our rights to our likes and dislikes, if you see a thread disliking a place then why not keep it moving instead of trying to do the impossible which is change the way a person feels or who a person is, if they feel that way they feel that way for a reason I am sure. But, if you can get on a board and dis, the place you came from, you really dont have too much character to me.
Some of the reasons people gave came off sounding like total slams. If you say, "Atlanta has terrible food, no culture and nothing to do!" in a forum, you are inviting people to refute your claims. If you say, "My hometown is better than Atlanta because of x, y, and z!" you will fire people up. There's a way to say you miss your home without saying how horrid Atlanta is ON AN ATLANTA FORUM. They asked for what they got.

There's also a way to defend your city without saying, "Well YOUR city sucks worse because blah blah blah."

All sides of this argument (NOT all posters, though) are guilty of peddling opinions as FACTS and for stooping to levels they shouldn't have. The ONLY absolute in this argument is that some people don't like (insert any city), but that doesn't make it a bad place, because some people do.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:00 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Well... since even after the warning the insults are still around and it's like Romper Room...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta