U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:46 PM

28 posts, read 157,509 times
Question Used / or cheap outlet Furniture Stores

Hello All, As I make my move from Ohio (SNOWY) to beautiful Atlanta - I am wondering if someone has a lead on cheap furniture outlets or used furniture stores. We are moving to the Powder Springs area. Our new home has 5 bedrooms and we are only keeping furniture for 3, also sold my living room, family room, formal dining room furniture. If you have any advise - it will greatly be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 08:22 AM

80 posts, read 357,532 times
Just off Jimmy Carter Boulevard in Norcross is a row of furniture stores, including some discount/outlet stores. You can see them off of I-85 just past Spaghetti Junction as you are going north. There is a huge Rooms to Go Clearance Center and a few other discount stores down the street that parallels I-85. Many of the other stores have discount/clearance sections within their stores or in a warehouse behind their buildings.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:17 PM

640 posts, read 2,245,138 times
Yea those furniture outlets on Jimmy Carter are great for cheap stuff. My fiance bought a bunch of stuff there and sold them for a PROFIT two years later on Craigslist.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 69,846 times
Check-out Woodstock Outlet in Dallas it's not far from Powder Springs.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 PM

9,112 posts, read 20,393,381 times
Powder Springs (where I also live) is near the Paulding County line. If you post your request also on paulding.com in the internet cafe room, you will most likely get a ton of replies from people who are shopaholics who hang out in there. The Hiram/Dallas areas are just West of Powder Springs and they'll most likely know of all the small places where you can find this kind of stuff as well.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:17 AM

273 posts, read 1,144,020 times
Ikea has furniture that is surprisingly well constructed for the price. It's still cheaply made - but better than you will get at some of the REALLY cheap places. It's perfect for kids' rooms. It's cute stuff and you won't cry over the price if they damage it.

Also try craigslist.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:22 PM

1 posts, read 55,639 times
Default Adress

Allo, I am looking for the exact adress of the furniture outlet on Jimmy carter. Please let me know. Regards, Grace

Old 01-17-2009, 07:12 PM

297 posts, read 1,043,943 times
Here is the address for the Rooms To Go Outlet. There are furniture clearance centers all up and down Dawson Blvd.

6288 Dawson Blvd.
Norcross, GA 30093

Old 01-17-2009, 07:35 PM

8,740 posts, read 12,330,152 times
IKEA. There are also tons and I do mean tons of furniture stores off of I-85 between Gwinnet and downtown Atlanta.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:20 PM

1,120 posts, read 1,440,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqkmq View Post
Hello All, As I make my move from Ohio (SNOWY) to beautiful Atlanta - I am wondering if someone has a lead on cheap furniture outlets or used furniture stores. We are moving to the Powder Springs area. Our new home has 5 bedrooms and we are only keeping furniture for 3, also sold my living room, family room, formal dining room furniture. If you have any advise - it will greatly be appreciated!

Since the financial meltdown almost every store, including furniture stores, are discounting merchandise at least 50 percent. I would think you should be able to buy most of your furniture at 75 percent discounts.

When you move here, I would suggest you subscribe to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. As I read the paper, I'm just amazed at the bargains.

As I recall 160,000 stores went out of business last year nationwide ( something like that ), and 2009 is going to be even worse. I would just take my time buying your furniture, and by the end of the year you should have your house loaded with furniture at bargain prices.

Today, bargains are everywhere.

Just a couple of weeks ago one upscale Atlanta department store was selling name-brand designer $1250 mens' suits for only $230, and $450 mens' suits for $70. News like that travels fast and I received a few phone calls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta