U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 PM

207 posts, read 601,172 times

Advertisements

Find a place far out in the woods!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 PM

341 posts, read 933,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deannaj1183 View Post
Hi y'all.
I am looking for places (specific if you can) or ideas of places that will allow a pit bull. I'm open to apartments and rental houses/condos/townhomes, etc.

One of our good friends leaves for Afghanistan (National Guard) in spring and my boyfriend and I are considering watching the dog for him while he is gone for 14 months.

I am worried about finding somewhere (very affordable... we're trying to save up for a down payment to buy a house next year) that will allow the dog. She is a sweet, even-tempered dog that hasn't ever shown signs of aggression.

We're looking in the Marietta/Kennesaw/Woodstock/Acworth Area.

Thanks!

^^^^

I used to have 2 pit bulls and I currently have 1 pit bull and a Pug, but a few years back when I was in grad school used to live in a complex off of North Druid Hills on Briarcliff and it was quite the dog friendly apartment complex. They did have a no aggressive breeds clause in their lease, but the property manager was quite cool and looked past that as long as you told her beforehand. Also a number of other tenants in the complex had Pits, Rotts, and other "aggressive breeds" as well and we used to meet up in the dog run that was located in the complex and let our dogs play together. That area is not in the geographic zone you were looking for, but if your still looking for a place PM me and I will give you the name of the complex and the property managers contact info as me and her are still quite cool because her ex-husband had a pit bull kennel in south GA which is where I got my blue brindle pit that I have right now.

And to all the people who have the smart little remarks, pit bulls are not aggresive by nature, its only some of the ownes who are aggresive by nature. I've had dogs my enitre life and I never had a problem from any of my pits, the only dog I ever had a problem out of was my friends golden retriever who tried to tear my arm off when I younger.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:57 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 3,125,695 times
Quote:
And to all the people who have the smart little remarks, pit bulls are not aggresive by nature, its only some of the ownes who are aggresive by nature. I've had dogs my enitre life and I never had a problem from any of my pits, the only dog I ever had a problem out of was my friends golden retriever who tried to tear my arm off when I younger.
False. A pit bull attacked me from behind when I was 8 years old. No warning, no growling, no nothing. As far as the owners being aggressive toward the dog, well it belonged to my step grandparents and dog was treated well, and I had been around the animal many times and there were never any problems. On the day it happened, I was wearing a fake rabbit fur coat. Apparently the dog thought I was an animal.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:46 PM

2,113 posts, read 3,197,356 times
I have heard that inside the perimeter is an awful area to have a pitbull in !

Old 07-04-2009, 08:22 PM

9 posts, read 14,160 times
To 'PotterGeek': I hope that you aren't basing your feelings towards pitbulls on a bad experience as a child! If so, you have some real serious issues going on with you besides a bite from a pitbull! I was bitten twice by a ****zu and i don't harbor any ill feelings towards them, only the one that bit me. In fact, i own a sweet little one! So in the future please don't post any recent information on something from your boyhood and you are now an adult!

Old 07-04-2009, 08:58 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,659,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcherryatlanta View Post
To 'PotterGeek': I hope that you aren't basing your feelings towards pitbulls on a bad experience as a child! If so, you have some real serious issues going on with you besides a bite from a pitbull! I was bitten twice by a ****zu and i don't harbor any ill feelings towards them, only the one that bit me. In fact, i own a sweet little one! So in the future please don't post any recent information on something from your boyhood and you are now an adult!
It only takes a quick comparison of the number of pitbull attacks to the number if ****zu attacks on humans to understand the difference...pitbulls often end of attacking with no warning and with no provocation. In the future please don't post such bogus information.

And try to note the date of the last post in a thread before dragging it up. This one was long dormant, with a last post date of November 13, 2008.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:31 AM

1 posts, read 5,201 times
Default Trying to find apt/house to rent in atlanta

DOES ANYBODY ALLOW PITBULLS...PLEASE HELP

Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 PM

262 posts, read 593,121 times
Please dont write in CAPS!!! Most rental contracts will not allow pits, or other "vicious breeds." If you bring one in and like the Crazy Virgo Child said the manager was "cool" good luck with that one if the dog turns on someone, you and the management would get sued. I use to have a dobie years back, and luckily I didnt have to deal with rental places with her, but I know friends who have had lots of trouble with certain breeds and the management telling them to vacate or get rid of the dog. Redcherry, that wasnt a very intelligent response to PotterGeek, the statistics show that pits have a tendency to turn on people. Its just bred in them. Lots of the attacks are non provoked, and the dog never showed any signs of aggression, and Im sure those same people called their pit "a sweet lil one." I would say see if your friend can find another person to watch it, that its too much liability for you and you dont want that exposure.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 PM

825 posts, read 2,072,361 times
Sabrina- Is your dog a mix? As long as your dog doesnt have any aggression issues, then just call it a terrier mix and keep stepping.
Please don't say that pitties attack people more then other breeds, that's a myth just as that "lock jaw" rumor is. Many people have a tendency to call any dog that looks a certain way a pitbull. Lets remember the recipient of the first facial transplant was attacked by a Lab.
Pitties are actually naturally very patient and don't say they have a natural aggression because that's just plain wrong. If that was actually the case, then trainers and rescues would not have had no much success with the Michal Vick dogs. Dogs DO NOT bite for no reason, they give warnings.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:53 PM

754 posts, read 1,501,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
Sabrina- Is your dog a mix? As long as your dog doesnt have any aggression issues, then just call it a terrier mix and keep stepping.
Please don't say that pitties attack people more then other breeds, that's a myth just as that "lock jaw" rumor is. Many people have a tendency to call any dog that looks a certain way a pitbull. Lets remember the recipient of the first facial transplant was attacked by a Lab.
Pitties are actually naturally very patient and don't say they have a natural aggression because that's just plain wrong. If that was actually the case, then trainers and rescues would not have had no much success with the Michal Vick dogs. Dogs DO NOT bite for no reason, they give warnings.
I have to disagree Merin, I think it's been made pretty clear that Pitbulls and Rottweilers attack more people than other breeds.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/pit-72466-bull-attack.html (broken link)
Do you think this toddler gave a reason for the pitbull to attack?

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1720788.php

From 1979 through 1996, dog attacks resulted in
more than 300 human dog bite-related fatalities
(DBRF) in the United States.1-3 Most victims were children.
Studies indicate that pit bull-type dogs were
involved in approximately a third of human DBRF
reported during the 12-year period from 1981 through
1992, and Rottweilers were responsible for about half
of human DBRF reported during the 4 years from 1993
through 1996. These data have caused some individuals
to infer that certain breeds of dogs are more likely
to bite than others and should, therefore, be banned or
regulated more stringently.4,5 The purposes of the study
reported here were to summarize breeds associated
with reported human DBRF during a 20-year period
and assess policy implications.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

Last edited by JasonPaul; 08-10-2009 at 03:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta