U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:20 PM

447 posts, read 958,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
If the mattress set is in decent shape, certainly having a go at giving it to the furniture bank seems much better all round than disposing of it.
I agree with you. I have my doubts they'll want a 20-year-old mattress (in the guest bedroom the past 8 years, though). I slept on it at times the past few years when I had to wake up super early and didn't want to bother my wife, but that still is a long time for a mattress to be used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:47 PM

214 posts, read 580,945 times
Craigslist, list it for free. People will flock.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:26 AM

447 posts, read 958,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEastBound View Post
Craigslist, list it for free. People will flock.
You speak the truth. The mattress set was gone three hours after I posted it on Craigslist. And the cool thing is that the family who picked it up really needed it. Beats the landfill!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:30 AM

19,166 posts, read 7,439,986 times
Sorry - I should have conducted my research earlier and I could have recommended the Furniture Bank. I didn't think they accepted mattresses as donations. I have used them in the past and they are wonderful. They do not accept furniture in bad condition or knick-knacks though. Please check them out for future donations.

The Furniture Bank of Metro Atlanta : Making a House a Home (http://www.furniturebankatlanta.org/index.html - broken link)

Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 AM

2,205 posts, read 4,020,041 times
Quote:
Oh, but there's an excellent charity for donating furniture items!

The Furniture Bank of Metro Atlanta : Making a House a Home

They come and pick up the stuff. We donated some beds and other things a few years ago. I researched at the time and this seemed a very highly reputed organization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Sorry - I should have conducted my research earlier and I could have recommended the Furniture Bank. I didn't think they accepted mattresses as donations. I have used them in the past and they are wonderful. They do not accept furniture in bad condition or knick-knacks though. Please check them out for future donations.

The Furniture Bank of Metro Atlanta : Making a House a Home (http://www.furniturebankatlanta.org/index.html - broken link)
George, I recommended the Furniture Bank up near the beginning of this thread.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:46 PM

19,166 posts, read 7,439,986 times
Quote:
George, I recommended the Furniture Bank up near the beginning of this thread.
Oops! Good minds think alike

Old 01-12-2011, 03:14 PM

2 posts, read 28,736 times
we are a small non-profit 501c3 home ministry helping many many families in need through the tax deductible donations of angels,we have homelss families who need homes after fire,etc,some need donated running vehicles to get to jobs& support families,some need help with heat,utilities,baby needs,food,clothing,furniture,working appliances,alot of needs for donated dental help for alot of adults who live in pain& isolation due to severe dental problems& no money or insurance to get them fixed,alot of needs from elderly who cant afford mediacer copays that need power chairs or power scooters to get around after broken hips,surgery etc& cannot afford them,the needs grow daily but the donations have stopped coming in we need your help desperately to fill all of teh needs& stop our needs list from growing my heart is BREAKING not being able to help these families in dire& true need& crisis who are counting on us to fill their needs.our daily updated website has the first page& the needs page overflowing with needs that are real& need to be filled asap,the red cross helps after fires but I have been in their shoes& lost everything while at work they give you a necessities bag&2 nights in a motel& then you are lost &homeless& cannot find help ANYWHERE because so many people that are not in true need take advantage of the system& take needs taht people in true need really need.PLEASE HELP US BLESS THESE MANY FAMILIES IN NEED SOME IN OTHER STATES who need angels asap!THANK YOU& GOD BLESS ANGELS WITH FAITH MINISTRIES/ REV.MICHAEL&LORI TUCK webiste angelswithfaithministries.beep.com

Old 01-12-2011, 03:15 PM

2 posts, read 28,736 times
Thumbs up Angels With Faith Ministries NON-PROFIT Needs tax deductible don

[quote=angelswithfaithministries;17381476]we are a small non-profit 501c3 home ministry helping many many families in need through the tax deductible donations of angels,we have homelss families who need homes after fire,etc,some need donated running vehicles to get to jobs& support families,some need help with heat,utilities,baby needs,food,clothing,furniture,working appliances,alot of needs for donated dental help for alot of adults who live in pain& isolation due to severe dental problems& no money or insurance to get them fixed,alot of needs from elderly who cant afford mediacer copays that need power chairs or power scooters to get around after broken hips,surgery etc& cannot afford them,the needs grow daily but the donations have stopped coming in we need your help desperately to fill all of teh needs& stop our needs list from growing my heart is BREAKING not being able to help these families in dire& true need& crisis who are counting on us to fill their needs.our daily updated website has the first page& the needs page overflowing with needs that are real& need to be filled asap,the red cross helps after fires but I have been in their shoes& lost everything while at work they give you a necessities bag&2 nights in a motel& then you are lost &homeless& cannot find help ANYWHERE because so many people that are not in true need take advantage of the system& take needs taht people in true need really need.PLEASE HELP US BLESS THESE MANY FAMILIES IN NEED SOME IN OTHER STATES who need angels asap!THANK YOU& GOD BLESS ANGELS WITH FAITH MINISTRIES/ REV.MICHAEL&LORI TUCK webiste angelswithfaithministries.beep.com angels with faith ministries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta