U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 08:55 PM

7,652 posts, read 9,283,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Neil, I gave you TWO links that quote Chambliss. And if you don't understand why the southern strategy is both racist and wrong even after the chairman of the RNC apologized for and denounced it, there's nothing else I can say for you.
Those articles did not quote Chambliss as saying what you accused him of saying. My point on the southern strategy is that it's no less racist than the Democrats strategy with regard to blacks.

Jim Martin supports outright distortion in his campaign, and that's the core point here. If Martin and the Democrats told the truth to low income and uneducated voters, there would be fewer people pulling the levers for him.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:32 PM

2,205 posts, read 4,028,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Another liberal tendency that I find absolutely disgusting...you can't disagree without personally attacking the person you disagree with and resorting to name calling.
Oh come on, Neil, the Republicans have been doing vastly more of that in the presidential campaign than the Democrats. Characterizing personal attacks as a liberal tendency is a first-class example of the very behavior you're criticizing.

Gosh, maybe you're a liberal.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 PM

4,714 posts, read 4,807,317 times
Negative personal attacks characterize every political race of importance, both sides are guilty. But you have to be honest and claim that the prize for mudslinging and trying to besmirch a persons character has to go to the dems in the way they have gone after Palin tooth and nail.

Have missed the GA senate campgaign being here in TX, but the dems are doing the same thing in TX, the same old sound bites here, but with less success apparently.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:00 AM

9,913 posts, read 13,544,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
No need to be insulting, although I know that has become de rigueur for Democrats in the current political season.
I don't vote for either major party typically, and I'm going to call you on this.

I've seen a LOT more crap coming from the right during this election than I've seen from the left. Have you seen some of the misinformation mailings being sent out by the Republican Party in some states?

Take off the glasses. Both sides are flipping poopburgers at each other, and I think it does everyone in this country a major disservice.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:39 AM

2,776 posts, read 6,587,212 times
Two items:

I asked for this thread to stay with the Chambliss race in order to remain on the Georgia form. Instead, it is trending towards Republican vs Democrat with the race card.

Let's get back to the Chambliss vs. Martin candidates and drop the other. If not, I will be forced to close the thread.

Second: I am giving RCSteiner a rep just because this is the first time in my life I have ever seen anything referred to as "Poopburger"

Old 11-02-2008, 06:22 AM

2,776 posts, read 6,587,212 times
Closing this thread due to many requests.
I have opened a poll as to remain on georgia related topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta