U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:40 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,912,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I never hear of Asians complaining that White people do not not know how to cut Asian hair. But I think that has to do with the fact that both racial groups basically have the same straight hair texture.

uh, yeah. duh.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:08 AM

23 posts, read 75,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernExplorer View Post
I am from New Orleans, and my wife is from Memphis. After we got married, we tried living in New Orleans. It was ok until Katrina hit, and it became too ghetto and distressed. We then moved to Memphis, and we just did not like being white minorities. We want to stay in the south, close to Memphis and NOLA but want a big city feel. Atlanta fits the bill.

We just want to be in an area with our own kind. Moderator cut: Please no stereotyping individual races.
So, as we look to move to Atlanta, we want a majority white area. Ill be working in Midtown, and my wife is getting a job in Sandy Springs. Our price range is a maximum of $550,000. I do not mind a long commute. Thanks!
uhhh you are gesting?
Anywho some areas tiny pockets ie dunwoody,burnt hickory,Buckhead and many others exist for the time.
I believe anyone should be able to live where,and how they choose.
With this said I suggest North ga. Mtns or other adjoing rural area states buying a few hundred acres and live as you wish to live,home school your kids if you have any,and enjoy life the way you believe.
all the best to everyone

Old 12-21-2008, 08:10 PM

480 posts, read 771,540 times
Oh my, I'm sure you have all scared the poor man away!
But um yeah, what they said. African-Americans are NOT a monolith, and the same goes for every other ethnicity and/or race. So people, I implore you to wake up and stop being afraid of things that you don't understand, that is the epitome of ignorance.
Educated black people like to live quiet drama free lives, just like our Asian, Hispanic, white, etc. counterparts. As far as the Hip-Hop culture goes, I don't find it to be any more offensive than the heavy metal....so, what we have here is a stale mate. I live in NYC, where there certainly are all-white neighborhoods, i.e., upper east side, most of 5th Avenue, CPW, TriBeCa, etc. But $550K would get you a nicely ventilated closet, NO EXAGGERATION...
and um, no PWT in Memphis or NOLA...yeah ok, whatever helps you sleep at night!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:31 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,399,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernExplorer View Post
We then moved to Memphis, and we just did not like being white minorities.
Then I hate it for you come 2040 or so when whites are projected to be the minority in America. Where are you going to move to then, Iceland?

Old 12-22-2008, 09:00 AM

4,688 posts, read 6,405,918 times
Try Bankhead

Old 12-22-2008, 11:46 PM

1,498 posts, read 2,546,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Then I hate it for you come 2040 or so when whites are projected to be the minority in America. Where are you going to move to then, Iceland?
Incorrect. Whites are predicted to no longer be the majority, but they will still be the largest group and will hold a plurality, but will not be considered minority.

Old 12-23-2008, 12:56 AM

2,112 posts, read 5,130,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
How about no where in Europe, since by then with their low birth rates and shrinking European population and rapidly rising Muslim population, it will be one big country called Eurabia.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:20 AM

12,917 posts, read 20,990,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Incorrect. Whites are predicted to no longer be the majority, but they will still be the largest group and will hold a plurality, but will not be considered minority.
(and BringBackCobain breathes a big sigh of relief...)

Old 01-29-2009, 07:35 AM

2 posts, read 8,030 times
We moved from Riverdale, GA in Clayton County to Peachtree City, Ga in Fayette County three years ago. When we bought out house in Riverdale in 1980, it was a perfect place to raise our family. The schools were excellent, crime was very very low and there was just a sense of family in our neighborhood. We loved it. But a few years ago it began to change in an awful way. Crime is out the roof. The schools have lost accreditation because of a "disfunctional" school board. And, the entire county looks very ghetto. I've heard the majority of the reason for it is because two huge public housing projects in Atlanta closed to make way for upscale housing. The majority of the residents moved to Clayton County. Of course, now the county is about 80% black and probably 100% low income. Fayette County is only about 20 miles south of Clayton County, but what a difference. The schools are excellent (among the best in the state!), we have great neighbors and crime is very, very low. And, it's a golf cart community. There is 90 miles of golf cart paths and you can get just about anywhere in the city on one. Almost everyone has one. The county is 84% white and Peachtree City is 92% white. It is very much like living in Riverdale was in 1980. They say you can't go back, but it feels like we did and we're loving it. If this sounds like this in the kind of place you're looking for, I would highly recommend it.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:03 AM

9,190 posts, read 29,585,414 times
We couldn't possibly deviate more from the original poster's question than this thread has (even after warnings), unless we start talking about being probed while abducted by aliens (and - we won't).

Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or