U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-12-2008, 03:47 PM

18 posts, read 40,388 times

Advertisements

This is so weird! I was born and raised in Seattle and I have made many trips to San Francisco. I have only lived in Atlanta for 1 month, and I can definately say that I notice the gayness way more here, then in Seattle or San Francisco. In those two cities its concentrated in certain neighborhoods and you know where they are, here, its everywhere!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 03:50 PM

481 posts, read 2,023,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kika_03 View Post
This is so weird! I was born and raised in Seattle and I have made many trips to San Francisco. I have only lived in Atlanta for 1 month, and I can definately say that I notice the gayness way more here, then in Seattle or San Francisco. In those two cities its concentrated in certain neighborhoods and you know where they are, here, its everywhere!
Well that's because Midtown is gay central - it's rare for an entire city business district to be so gay. But they deserve it they practically turned the whole place around.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:27 PM

12,878 posts, read 19,580,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
The only sad thing with Atlanta, is unlike most of the other cities on the list, once you get out of the core areas of the city, the surrounding suburban counties tend to be very unfriendly to gays.
That is untrue...there are many suburban areas of the city where the gay community is well established.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:37 PM

52 posts, read 117,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kika_03 View Post
That's exactly how I feel -- not that I mind. I think it's wonderful that people feel they can be themselves.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:57 PM

1,104 posts, read 499,959 times
This is one of the funnies threads I have ever read in the ATL section.

Ok tell us more about these Telly tubbys? Is there a black one? How many other colors are there beside purple?

Also what race of strait people hate gays the most? I notice most of those cities are in Cali, San Fran & Seattle have a lot of Asians. Atlanta has a lot of blacks. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Ok ok more on these Telly Tubby things!!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:05 PM

19,910 posts, read 8,203,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
This is one of the funnies threads I have ever read in the ATL section.

Ok tell us more about these Telly tubbys? Is there a black one? How many other colors are there beside purple?

Also what race of strait people hate gays the most? I notice most of those cities are in Cali, San Fran & Seattle have a lot of Asians. Atlanta has a lot of blacks. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Ok ok more on these Telly Tubby things!!!!
Yes the Reverend Jerry Falwell stated that Tinky Winky was a gay role model!

Tinky Winky - the Gay Teletubby?? (http://www.rightgrrl.com/carolyn/teletubbies.html - broken link)

If he said so, it must be true! I believe that Rev. Falwell foiled a communist plot to convert all the children of the world into homosexuals. Thank God for him!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:30 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,573,588 times
I live smack dab in the middle of Gwinnett County off of Sugarloaf, with my boyfriend. Our neighbors love us! We have gotten more compliments on the things we have done with our house and yard since we moved in. Everyone is more than friendly. I am very comfortable where I am. There may be some people that aren't happy that we are in the neighborhood, but if so, I haven't seen them.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 PM

12,878 posts, read 19,580,584 times
I have a friend that lives in Seattle now; when she was moving to Atlanta from San Francisco years ago, her househunting criteria was to look for the neighborhoods with an ubiquitous number of rainbow flags hanging outside. She figured that was a reliable indication of the neighborhood's upward mobility. History would back up her theory.
Based on this, the neighborhoods just south of downtown would be a good bet right now.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:09 PM

1,104 posts, read 499,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Yes the Reverend Jerry Falwell stated that Tinky Winky was a gay role model!

Tinky Winky - the Gay Teletubby?? (http://www.rightgrrl.com/carolyn/teletubbies.html - broken link)

If he said so, it must be true! I believe that Rev. Falwell foiled a communist plot to convert all the children of the world into homosexuals. Thank God for him!
I like the red one Po...she is pretty cool.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:34 PM

603 posts, read 1,229,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
That is untrue...there are many suburban areas of the city where the gay community is well established.
Yeah, i'm sure cities like Newnan, Peachtree City, McDonough, Covington, and Villa Rica are very welcoming to gays. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta