U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:15 AM

3,662 posts, read 5,237,317 times

Advertisements

What a hellhole.

FOXNews.com - Carjacker Kills Man in Atlanta for Dad's Funeral - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 08:55 AM

23,115 posts, read 37,726,000 times
So you are dismissing the entire city as a hellhole based on this incident? Please.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:47 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,784,982 times
You got out. You hate it. We get it. Now, move on............

Old 11-15-2008, 10:39 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,264,729 times
Whats Cabin Fever? I have never heard of that before.

Sounds like they went to the wrong car wash....

Old 11-15-2008, 11:27 AM

7,862 posts, read 15,502,129 times
OK...thanks for coming here from the great metropolis of Petoskey, MI...up by the UP of Michigan...and giving us your words of wisdom about a place you know nothing about...the Atlanta metro.

I think that Detroit and much of the state of Michigan has done OK on its own, coming up with new definitions of crime, urban blight, and economic disaster. Maybe your words of encouragement would be better given to your fellow Michiganders.

Old 11-15-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
OK...thanks for coming here from the great metropolis of Petoskey, MI...up by the UP of Michigan...and giving us your words of wisdom about a place you know nothing about...the Atlanta metro.

I think that Detroit and much of the state of Michigan has done OK on its own, coming up with new definitions of crime, urban blight, and economic disaster. Maybe your words of encouragement would be better given to your fellow Michiganders.
Actually, I lived in several spots in and around the Atlanta area for 20 years. I worked as a courier during much of that time. I undoubtably know the region in every way far better than you do, so thanks for making yourself look so ignorant.

Detroit has the nicest suburbs in the country. You don't have to worry about getting shot and dumped on the pavement at a carwash in suburban Detroit. Sorry to dissapoint you again.

Anything goes in Atlanta, however. You can get kidnapped and murdered hiking in the mountains, beaten up and robbed riding on a bike trail, have off duty cops shooting at eachother on suburban streets, have bombs exploding in trash bins, or get gunned down trying to wash your car. Did I mention the guy was from Ohio and in town for his dad's funeral? Nice.

The bad crime in Michigan is isolated to a few bad neighborhoods in a few cities. The bad crime in Georgia is EVERYWHERE - NO ONE IS IMMUNE.

I lived it, and because I lived it, I have a right to speak about it. Don't like it? Too bad. The Atlanta region is one of the most unsafe places to be in the United States.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:00 PM

7,862 posts, read 15,502,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
Actually, I lived in several spots in and around the Atlanta area for 20 years. I worked as a courier during much of that time. I undoubtably know the region in every way far better than you do, so thanks for making yourself look so ignorant.
I've lived here for 10 years previously and now for 15 months, so I know the area very well. I also lived in one of the most statistically safe towns in America in New England, and had a murder happen (the first in 20 years) right down the street from my house. I can tell you that crime happens everywhere. BTW...Detroit has been in the top of most unsafe for going on 25 years. I'm not talking about Grosse Point.

My point was really what was your point posting that with your comment? As far as you calling me ignorant, yeah, you must be right. I guess I wouldn't want to go head to head with you, given you were a courier for 20 years.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
My point was really what was your point posting that with your comment? As far as you calling me ignorant, yeah, you must be right. I guess I wouldn't want to go head to head with you, given you were a courier for 20 years.
I mentioned my courier stint because that kind of work breeds familiarity with the city and the region. Sorry you missed that also, but I'll be happy to continue to break things down for you as the situation dictates.

I come into the Atlanta forum from time to time to post because I used to live there and I'm still interested in what goes on there. Despite my reputation as somewhat of a troll in here, my posts about the Atlanta area are actually split down the middle in terms of positive & negative. The locals just don't like it when I comment on things like crime, sprawl and other obvious realities that town deals with on a daily basis.

Tough tooties, folks. Life aint all fluff. I post about negative stuff on the Michigan forums too, believe it or not.

Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
The Atlanta region is one of the most unsafe places to be in the United States.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Hey how much does it cost for Lion tickets?

Old 11-15-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Despite my reputation as somewhat of a troll in here
Aww the truth....

I wanna play, I wanna play, can I play with the troll please Uncle Greg? He is so cute.

PLEASE Uncle Greg let me play with the troll!!!! Don't lock the door on this one Uncle Greg. This is gonna be fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: