Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 11:38 PM

3 posts, read 9,004 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband has interviewed for a higher position in his work that is in Atlanta. We currently live in Hagerstown, MD which is about 1 1/2- 2 hrs away from DC and Baltimore. We have a 5 yr old and a 3 yr old so we're looking for family friendly areas. Right now I'm looking into the Acworth or Kennesaw area but since the address for my husband's work is (I am pretty sure) on Ponce De Leon (Rd, Dr, Pkwy, whatever it is) in Atlanta, I was wondering what his drive would be like in the morning. I keep hearing traffic stinks down there. Also, what are some good apt complexes in the Acworth/Kennesaw area? If he gets this job we will more than likely have about 30 days to find something and move down there which means we'll pretty much be moving into someplace without actually walking through it first. Of course I can't call a complex and expect the property manager to tell me it's really a crap hole Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me! Also, do ya'll have all day kindergarden down there or is it still half day? Thanks agaiN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 08:45 PM

8 posts, read 23,618 times
Quite honestly you drive from kennesaw to midtown will be a real nightmare. But worse still his drive from work to home will be worse and with no backroads. Is there a reason you are looking to move to Kennesaw in particular?

Old 02-28-2007, 10:51 PM

3 posts, read 9,004 times
No real reason we were looking at Kennesaw other than the apt ratings were better that other areas at one of the websites. Would Acworth be better? Are there backroads from Acworth to midtown? Acworth was my first choice because I found a website that had crime ratings and in every category Acworth's numbers were half where we are now. Are there any other areas you would recommend where it's safe and the drive would not be as bad? I've been finding places in Marietta as well. Any thoughts?

Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,860 times
He could take a bus from Acworth or Kennesaw to downtown, then hop on a marta bus over to ponce. Won't save any time, just gas and the frustration of sitting in traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta