U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:43 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,374,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
The NIMBY's would have an absolute meltdown if there was ever a half-way serious proposal for a second airport. Trust me.
For the past year they have been working on area tests for Lawrenceville and Winder Airports. Lawrenceville proved dead due to location and density. Winder/Barrow is looking positive. It will be a few years out mostly due to zoning and dollars, big dollars.

Now of course if Winder / Barrow fails the next approved location is JohnAtl's back yard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 03:23 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,176,549 times
Interesting read. As a new person in this city, Prior to moving here when someone mentions ATL I always think of Coke. I never knew there was a civil war history in Atlanta at all. Kinda like when I hear St. Louis, I think of Budweiser. Also the city was built around rail....are so I have read. Since being here Coca Cola does seem like a big part of ATL but I didn't see it mentioned. Also I don't find any "Atlanta Progess" sites to blog on, Some where you can discuss new developments, history & impact based on Atlanta. I wish there was a site like that.

I think the Atlanta Main Library should be remodeled. It seemed a lil out dated to me.
Are people waiting on the Ted Turner dude to die? It seems like he did a lot for the Atlanta area as well, yet he has no monument or anything. So I guess dude has to die first. I never see the city flag around. Some people don't even know what it looks like and have lived here for years. They should fly the local flag with all the others.

Thats all I got for now. It sometimes seems like Atlanta is bored with itself lately. Maybe its the cold weather.

Old 12-12-2008, 05:29 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,148,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
For the past year they have been working on area tests for Lawrenceville and Winder Airports. Lawrenceville proved dead due to location and density. Winder/Barrow is looking positive. It will be a few years out mostly due to zoning and dollars, big dollars.

Now of course if Winder / Barrow fails the next approved location is JohnAtl's back yard

LOL, Georgia!

Not too likely though. I live under the approach to PDK, and some of my neighbors already foam at the mouth every time a plane flies over. There would probably be rioting in the streets around here if there was ever a proposal for commercial flights at Peachtree DeKalb!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:40 AM

23,052 posts, read 35,012,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Interesting read. As a new person in this city, Prior to moving here when someone mentions ATL I always think of Coke. I never knew there was a civil war history in Atlanta at all. Kinda like when I hear St. Louis, I think of Budweiser. Also the city was built around rail....are so I have read. Since being here Coca Cola does seem like a big part of ATL but I didn't see it mentioned. Also I don't find any "Atlanta Progess" sites to blog on, Some where you can discuss new developments, history & impact based on Atlanta. I wish there was a site like that.

I think the Atlanta Main Library should be remodeled. It seemed a lil out dated to me.
Are people waiting on the Ted Turner dude to die? It seems like he did a lot for the Atlanta area as well, yet he has no monument or anything. So I guess dude has to die first. I never see the city flag around. Some people don't even know what it looks like and have lived here for years. They should fly the local flag with all the others.

Thats all I got for now. It sometimes seems like Atlanta is bored with itself lately. Maybe its the cold weather.
Turner Field; hello?

Old 12-13-2008, 12:42 PM

56 posts, read 144,958 times
relief from traffic woes. wow. can. not. deal.

Old 12-13-2008, 02:27 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,176,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Turner Field; hello?
Thats not a monument its a ballpark lol.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:09 AM

7,848 posts, read 18,267,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtrainer View Post
relief from traffic woes. wow. can. not. deal.
Why are you dealing with traffic woes? Fix it! If it's so bad that you can.not.deal....fix it. Move closer to your job; live in an area where traffic isn't so heavy; schedule your times when traffic is lightest; etc. etc. etc. There are many solutions to that situation.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:44 AM

23,052 posts, read 35,012,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Thats not a monument its a ballpark lol.
And therefore not a tribute to it's namesake, I suppose

Old 12-14-2008, 08:22 AM

56 posts, read 144,958 times
Hey Deacon..... listen up. I work somewhere different every week (for the entire week) and usually just commute on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons. I have figured out many ways around it, like staying in a hotel across town all week. And I do live in an outlying community.

The thread asks what you'd like to see in Atlanta. I answered.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:23 AM

7,848 posts, read 18,267,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtrainer View Post
Hey Deacon..... listen up. I work somewhere different every week (for the entire week) and usually just commute on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons. I have figured out many ways around it, like staying in a hotel across town all week. And I do live in an outlying community.

The thread asks what you'd like to see in Atlanta. I answered.
I was trying to help you with some options...you said you can't take it anymore, and that sound pretty serious. There are options - ones that aren't all that difficult. It sounds like you've been doing some things to help you cope...and you still can't take it only commuting Monday and Friday? That sounds a little overdramatic...

From the sound of it, it's your job that's the problem, not Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or