U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-15-2008, 12:14 PM

2,039 posts, read 2,673,145 times

Advertisements

Anyone else having bad allergies right now? This is the wrong time of year for me. Typically fall is my worst season, but right now I'm absolutely miserable. This summer was bad as well during the orange days, but this is almost as bad. My son is having a rough time of it as well. Anyone else? Is this typical for this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 01:16 PM

9,129 posts, read 21,758,966 times
Ragweed, mold, all kinds of stuff this time of year. Yep - typical for some people. Wait 'till Spring.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:52 PM

879 posts, read 2,944,956 times
I am the queen of allergy and sinus issues. Here is what I do/take:

Do a nasal wash every day sometimes twice
Take 1000-3000 of Emergen C every day
Take good quality probiotics twice a day
Take Oil of Oregano every other day

Use the humidifier when the heat is running

Feel better!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:49 PM

9,129 posts, read 21,758,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
Take 1000-3000 of Emergen C every day
3000?? You're gonna LIVE on the toilet if you do that.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,162,721 times
Actually pollen counts are very, very low this time of the year. You are probably experiencing more difficulty with indoor allergens such as dustmites. This time of the year when our houses are dry and we spend more time indoors, those are the allergens that are more problematic.

Try nasal saline spray to humidify your nose. DON'T use a humidifier as that will just increase the indoor mold counts.

If you are allergic to tree pollens, you have about three months to get on some sort of maintenance regimen (nasal steroid spray, antihistamine...) before the big spring pollen rush!

Old 12-17-2008, 02:15 PM

262 posts, read 598,424 times
Roslyn, I feel ya! I have been sniffling, eyes red and itchy and my sinuses get really blocked up when I lay down and go to sleep which makes me wake up in the middle of the night to step out for fresh air in hopes of unblocking at leash one nostril, lol.. I was thinking its the change of weather back and forth and if you've been getting headaches just recently which I have it may possibly be the barometric pressure. Ive taken Claratin Non Drowsy formula, but it didnt do much but make me feel on edge kinda, and I was thinking of taking Zyrtec which I my doc says works pretty well. Anyone taking this now?

Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 AM

2 posts, read 9,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
Anyone else having bad allergies right now? This is the wrong time of year for me. Typically fall is my worst season, but right now I'm absolutely miserable. This summer was bad as well during the orange days, but this is almost as bad. My son is having a rough time of it as well. Anyone else? Is this typical for this area?
I have it too December 2010. It began in November while visiting relatives in douglasville, ga. we live in mountains, near north carolina, can't understand it now - itchy eyes, ears and incessant sneezing, in DECEMBER!! I am allergic to animal dander. Visited people with animals who live near a pond, since then it has been incessant. Do you have a clue what is causing it?

Old 12-05-2010, 10:46 AM

15,131 posts, read 9,885,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
It's been driving me nuts, too, and this is the third year in a row! I've never had allergy problems before, even in the height of pollen season. I can manage with OTC antihistamines but it's still quite aggravating.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:44 AM

3,625 posts, read 2,970,212 times
The only allergies I've experienced in December are from Christmas trees. We had to switch to artificial, because I get a rash when I touch them, and once they're up, I'm sneezing non-stop! But, yeah, spring... everything's yellow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta