U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:13 PM

2 posts, read 11,637 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone.....My fiancé and I got relocated to Atlanta with work in September and have been living in temporary housing. We decided that Alpharetta is the town we want to live in. We have been looking at town-homes and have our choices narrowed down to Westwood Park by Wieland Homes or Jamestown by the Providence Group. I was wondering what everyone thought about these two developers as we are considering making formal offers soon ? Westwood Park is a nice small development near a lot of attractions. Jamestown is not complete yet, but once the Luxury Mall is built next door it looks like it has some potential.

Thanks,
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 02:27 PM

14,622 posts, read 55,106,777 times
Neither one is "known for building townhouses"-
Wieland is, for the most part a production builder that builds primarily move-up homes.
The Providence Group is primarily a high-end/ custom builder.
But all of that really means nothing- considering they build to a certain price point (profit margin).
Not a lot of help- but maybe useful info.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM

11,333 posts, read 23,482,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Wieland is, for the most part a production builder that builds primarily move-up homes.
Although Wieland does have some townhome developments out there like One Ivy Walk in southern Smyrna:

One Ivy Walk | Neighborhood | | John Wieland Homes

and a few others:

Academy Park | Neighborhood | Atlanta, Ga | John Wieland Homes

Legacy At The River Line | Neighborhood | Atlanta, Ga | John Wieland Homes

Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM

1,123 posts, read 6,056,807 times
I lived in a Wieland townhome for a few years in the Providence development in Mableton, and I was very happy with the quality of the home. He has a really strong reputation, relatively speaking.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 PM

8 posts, read 23,870 times
You cant go wrong with a Wieland Home. He has a Outstanding Reputation plus I have a friend that
works for them and he says they only build the Best.. Great Time to Buy, Interest Rates an Prices are Perfect..

Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 AM

879 posts, read 2,520,098 times
I looked at Westwood quite a bit and did not like the location or the fact that it is not fully gated....did you look at Academy Park (Wieland)...I would pick Westwood over the other you mentioned however.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 AM

1,067 posts, read 3,722,162 times
We checked out Westwood a while back..we loved the floorplans and thought the location was very convenient to everything in Alpharetta. On the gate issue- normally Alpharetta is a very safe area, but there was an attempted kidnapping last year at the townhomes directly across the street from Westwood.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:38 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,056,807 times
Gates are basically useless. It is more of a sales feature than for safety. Like Go Blue 99 states, Alpharetta is very, very safe, so it's kind of a moot point, really.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 PM

879 posts, read 2,520,098 times
I hear you on the gated thing and I live in Alpharetta so I know how safe it is but given the choice between gated and not...I would choose gated with all else being relatively equal and I looked at Westwood and that was one of the factors why I did not choose it and I don't simply mean the front gate but the gate all around the community which Academy Park has...personally I also do not like that location on Westwood at all, again all relative as it is Alpharetta.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:24 PM

599 posts, read 2,145,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
The Providence Group is primarily a high-end/ custom builder.
But all of that really means nothing- considering they build to a certain price point (profit margin).
Not a lot of help- but maybe useful info.
It's interesting....I've never heard of Wieland being a production builder building primarily move-up homes. We lived in as well as visited other upscale Weiland communities. I have yet to see a "cheap" Weiland home or neighborhood development. Granted their homes are not multi-million dollar custom homes, but their developments are high-end with many upscale home features and community amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta