U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2010, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,880,214 times
Reputation: 2908

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
What are you talking about???????? The debate was not about downtown Atlanta vs. downtown Charlotte. Did you go back and read the comments? Did you read mrdkb's response? More importantly, why can't you just admit when you're wrong? This is the second time you've tried to "create the truth" (see argument about Fortune 500 Companies). Everyone can read what I said. You sound silly when you make mistakes and then try and reinvent the conversation. Stop being so sensitive. Man up dude!!
Quote:
More importantly, why can't you just admit when you're wrong? This is the second time you've tried to "create the truth" (see argument about Fortune 500 Companies).
Are you SERIOUS?LOL.You of all people!I tell you what lets make a poll and ask people to rank posters on their credibility.Where would you rank?I don't think you would be happy at all!

Again you made an erroneous statement in which your own link YOU provided said otherwise.How do you give a link that clearly says:"Illinois state Fortune 500 companies".So seeing that how does one like yourself argue that the link was all Chicago when it clearly says state.Not to mention YOU told me I could not use just Downtown headquarters counts only.That I had to include the WHOLE MSA.Which was never my point at all.In fact I never even denied what you said was not true.YOU think there cannot be two right answers.So in doubt ,I should yeild to YOU the ALL KNOWING?NOPE!!NOT ME!
I clearly stated as I showed a link that Chicago had less than Atlanta.Technically that is right.If anything MORE right than separate municipalities 50miles from the center of a downtown.

But instead YOU just have to have the ONLY answer.Its just not right.You cannot even go back and quote me where I said :YOU were wrong about F500 is Chicago other than the link and the correct number.(Its not over 30)

Now you say about the

You are really sad.You and QC keep bring up erroneous facts or downright fabrications and when pressed stay gone for 5 or 10 pages then after your lie dies down you are back with other attacks and outrageous remarks!
Pitifull.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-28-2010, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Crown Town
2,742 posts, read 5,874,946 times
Reputation: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Are you SERIOUS?LOL.You of all people!I tell you what lets make a poll and ask people to rank posters on their credibility.Where would you rank?I don't think you would be happy at all!

Again you made an erroneous statement in which your own link YOU provided said otherwise.How do you give a link that clearly says:"Illinois state Fortune 500 companies".So seeing that how does one like yourself argue that the link was all Chicago when it clearly says state.Not to mention YOU told me I could not use just Downtown headquarters counts only.That I had to include the WHOLE MSA.Which was never my point at all.In fact I never even denied what you said was not true.YOU think there cannot be two right answers.So in doubt ,I should yeild to YOU the ALL KNOWING?NOPE!!NOT ME!
I clearly stated as I showed a link that Chicago had less than Atlanta.Technically that is right.If anything MORE right than separate municipalities 50miles from the center of a downtown.

But instead YOU just have to have the ONLY answer.Its just not right.You cannot even go back and quote me where I said :YOU were wrong about F500 is Chicago other than the link and the correct number.(Its not over 30)

Now you say about the

You are really sad.You and QC keep bring up erroneous facts or downright fabrications and when pressed stay gone for 5 or 10 pages then after your lie dies down you are back with other attacks and outrageous remarks!
Pitifull.......
You basically just said, "I didn't know which of those other Illinois municipalities were part of metro Chicago, so I didn't count them". There's no excuse for ignornace. Ignorance does not make you right. Pull out a map and find out which of those places are part of metro Chicago. Again I ask, are you really trying to say corporations like McDonadls', Sara Lee and Walgreens are not considered Chicago companies? Of course they are, because they're part of the metro area. Again, you're so hyper senstive that you give the first knee jerk reply you can think of, without stopping to think first. Just like your remark about my downtown Atlanta comment, that rather than apologize you have convienantly changed the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,880,214 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
You basically just said, "I didn't know which of those other Illinois municipalities were part of metro Chicago, so I didn't count them". There's no excuse for ignornace. Ignorance does not make you right. Pull out a map and find out which of those places are part of metro Chicago. Again I ask, are you really trying to say corporations like McDonadls', Sara Lee and Walgreens are not considered Chicago companies? Of course they are, because they're part of the metro area. Again, you're so hyper senstive that you give the first knee jerk reply you can think of, without stopping to think first. Just like your remark about my downtown Atlanta comment, that rather than apologize you have convienantly changed the subject.

Quote:
There's no excuse for ignornace. Ignorance does not make you right
.

I know what I said.The fact that you had to paraphrase my words instead of quoting shows exactly what I mean.The link I gave you came directly from the same source you gave .FORBES listed the cities total.
Dear sir or madame I know Chicago much better than you.I have family from Elgin,Lake Forest,Oak Lawn,to actually living in the city itself.


Link: Fortune 500 2010: States: Illinois Companies - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com[/quote]
These are not JUST Chicago!Why would you post a list that clearly says that its the State of Illinois?


2nd grade class is now in session with one pupil:
Chicago-is the largest city in the state of Illinois. With over 2.8 million residents, it is the most populous city in the Midwestern United States and the third most populous city in the country

Chicagoland(Chicago Metropolitan Area)-Its metropolitan area, commonly named "Chicagoland," is the 26th most populous[3] in the world, home to an estimated 9.7 million people spread across the U.S. states of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.

Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, IL-IN-WI MSA
Chicago-Naperville-Michigan City, IL-IN-WI CSA


Peoria-
Moline
Decatur
are three cities that are counted in your link that I know for sure are NOT in metro Chicago.You chould have posted a listing just with "Chicagoland".That was not even the original argument anyway.YOU lost the previous argument so YOU decided to bring up the issue about F500.The point I made was that a city having more or less 500 companies does not designate it as a city of major influence.Yes it give that city a an edge among its own piers ,but does not inflate it to a status way above another level.
For instance Savannah is known more worldwide than Charlotte and maybe even Atlanta.Savannah could give Atlanta a good run fr the money soley because of its tourism industry.Does that make it more important than Atlanta?

You knew that was what was being said.You had no reasonable answer whatsoever than the same garbage you keep trying to push intelligent people .So ONCE AGAIN,draw attention away from the fact that YOU have made some totally WAY of base remarks.

You have the AUDACITY to talk about changing the subject?

So if you feel a need to try to focus on me as if I am the one making crazy statements.Go ahead try it.But "the more you try the more you lie"!


Quote:
Atlanta has the country's fourth-largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies
wiki


Quote:
Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in the energy, manufacturing, aeronautics, transportation, and health care sectors and is a leading center for building oilfield equipment; only New York City is home to more Fortune 500 headquarters in the city limits.
wiki

Houston ranked as the No. 2 city for Fortune 500 headquarters in Fortune magazine (2010) Houston CVB

See a pattern?

Last edited by afonega1; 10-29-2010 at 03:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 03:14 PM
 
Location: Crown Town
2,742 posts, read 5,874,946 times
Reputation: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Dear sir or madame I know Chicago much better than you.I have family from Elgin,Lake Forest,Oak Lawn,to actually living in the city itself.


Link: Fortune 500 2010: States: Illinois Companies - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com
These are not JUST Chicago!Why would you post a list that clearly says that its the State of Illinois?


2nd grade class is now in session with one pupil:
Chicago-is the largest city in the state of Illinois. With over 2.8 million residents, it is the most populous city in the Midwestern United States and the third most populous city in the country

Chicagoland(Chicago Metropolitan Area)-Its metropolitan area, commonly named "Chicagoland," is the 26th most populous[3] in the world, home to an estimated 9.7 million people spread across the U.S. states of Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana.

Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, IL-IN-WI MSA
Chicago-Naperville-Michigan City, IL-IN-WI CSA


Peoria-
Moline
Decatur
are three cities that are counted in your link that I know for sure are NOT in metro Chicago.You chould have posted a listing just with "Chicagoland".That was not even the original argument anyway.YOU lost the previous argument so YOU decided to bring up the issue about F500.The point I made was that a city having more or less 500 companies does not designate it as a city of major influence.Yes it give that city a an edge among its own piers ,but does not inflate it to a status way above another level.
For instance Savannah is known more worldwide than Charlotte and maybe even Atlanta.Savannah could give Atlanta a good run fr the money soley because of its tourism industry.Does that make it more important than Atlanta?

You knew that was what was being said.You had no reasonable answer whatsoever than the same garbage you keep trying to push intelligent people .So ONCE AGAIN,draw attention away from the fact that YOU have made some totally WAY of base remarks.

You have the AUDACITY to talk about changing the subject?

So if you feel a need to try to focus on me as if I am the one making crazy statements.Go ahead try it.But "the more you try the more you lie"
I never said all those Illinois companies were Chicago companies. I simply said you incorrectly left out the other chicago metro companies. More importantly I correctly noted YOU WERE WRONG when you said Atlanta has more Fortune 500 companies than Chicago. As I said before, Chicago has twice as many as Atlanta...uhh, duhh, because you left out the ones in the surburbs. And still, you refuse to apolgize and admit your mistake ...just like your response to my downtown Atlanta comment, which you still keep ignoring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,880,214 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I never said all those Illinois companies were Chicago companies. I simply said you incorrectly left out the other chicago metro companies. More importantly I correctly noted YOU WERE WRONG when you said Atlanta has more Fortune 500 companies than Chicago. As I said before, Chicago has twice as many as Atlanta...uhh, duhh, because you left out the ones in the surburbs. And still, you refuse to apolgize and admit your mistake ...just like your response to my downtown Atlanta comment, which you still keep ignoring.
Yes you are so wriGHt and I am wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Crown Town
2,742 posts, read 5,874,946 times
Reputation: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Yes you are so wriGHt and I am wrong.
Yep, I know, and now you really look like an idiot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 04:17 PM
 
Location: Atlanta ,GA
9,086 posts, read 12,880,214 times
Reputation: 2908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Yep, I know, and now you really look like an idiot
Rather look like one than be one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2010, 06:11 PM
 
1,158 posts, read 2,261,898 times
Reputation: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Rather look like one than be one!
You guys are crazy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2010, 02:11 PM
 
73 posts, read 87,849 times
Reputation: 51
This is funny man tell Carolina to give it a rest everyone who is from Charlotte that was posting has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top