Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:31 PM

287 posts, read 498,165 times

Advertisements

This dude won't stop. He already has his opinion on Atlanta but he still makes post like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 05:23 PM

349 posts, read 781,448 times
I got my start in IT in Atlanta about 5 years ago with no experience and very minimal education (less than a Bachelor's). Due to that I have a soft spot for Atlanta as I was "given a chance" which ended up turning into a pretty decent career thus far. I have never been to Huntsville so I cannot make a comparison. Just wanted to share my personal experience with IT and Atlanta. My assumption is that IT jobs in Hunstville would revolve around NASA. Don't they have a large presence there or am I confusing it with something else?

Old 12-01-2010, 05:27 PM

2,079 posts, read 6,114,098 times
Atlanta versus Huntsville now? These city v city threads are so immature and baseless. Can we ban them already please? I feel dumber for even posting on here.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:42 PM

106 posts, read 232,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
My family member wants to move Atlanta, but I suggested Huntsville because she is a software engineer. Software engineering jobs are on point in Huntsville! Well shall I tell her?

tell her, I told you, 1) don't listen to you
2) tell her to visit both and see which one she likes the best!
3) tell her about these vs. threads that are like when your in 4th grade, "my dad can beat up your dad" conversations

Old 12-01-2010, 06:26 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,752,966 times
What's in Huntsville? I've been there few times, but honestly, there wasn't anything there except for big mountains on the sides, and endless fields.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymd View Post
Right on...there isn't much to do here in the Huntsville area. Huntsville cannot even be compared to the Atlanta Metro area. I'm hoping to move from Huntsville to the Atlanta area too.

Additionally, with regard to jobs, in this recession people are hurting to find jobs everywhere regardless of where they live. However when comparing Huntsville to Atlanta, there is no diversification in industries in Huntsville. In other words, Huntsville has all of their eggs in one basket. If anything ever happened to the military base here, then this town would dry up and turn into a ghost town. Atlanta is much more diversified with companies in many different industries. For example...the housing and financial sector goes bust...well at least there are other industries to possibly find jobs in. That is not the case in Huntsville.
There is no diversified job categories in Atlanta either. Any good job is in management or IT.

So I honestly don't see the argument. If anything, there is a better real estate opportunities in Huntsville than Atlanta.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:55 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
There is no diversified job categories in Atlanta either. Any good job is in management or IT.

So I honestly don't see the argument. If anything, there is a better real estate opportunities in Huntsville than Atlanta.

No diversified job categories in Atlanta? LOL!!!!!! Are you serious?

This happens to be one of THE most diversified economies in the U.S.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No diversified job categories in Atlanta? LOL!!!!!! Are you serious?

This happens to be one of THE most diversified economies in the U.S.
Ok. Name 10 jobs that Atlanta is known for.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:33 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Ok. Name 10 jobs that Atlanta is known for.
I don't think so. You made the ridiculous claim, the proof is on you. Anyone that is well read realizes that this is a very diversified job market, one of the most diversified in the country. To even suggest that Huntsville is more so is beyond laughable.

This site is intended to provide accurate information to people that may not know the area. It is not intended to be a sounding board for ex-residents with a bitter agenda for whatever reason.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I don't think so. You made the ridiculous claim, the proof is on you. Anyone that is well read realizes that this is a very diversified job market, one of the most diversified in the country. To even suggest that Huntsville is more so is beyond laughable.

This site is intended to provide accurate information to people that may not know the area. It is not intended to be a sounding board for ex-residents with a bitter agenda for whatever reason.
Yes, bitter agenda. that's a good one. Why don't you correct me by providing the right information.

I worked in Atlanta and Georgia all my life, I don't know what your history is, but the booming jobs are in management, specifically IT and IT management like I said before. It use to be Real Estate and Construction as well, but that's gone down the hill.

I would add entertainment, but it's not really booming, it's established business and Atlanta is known for it.

I don't understand where you're getting the "most diversified in the country" from, but it's not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: