U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 03:42 PM

5 posts, read 11,256 times

Advertisements

I work for the Gas Marketer IGNITE a division of Stream Energy. http://www.dbrockenergy.igniteinc.biz
I am often asked about the passthru charges from AGL. Anyone can switch to Stream for free and save money, sometimes as much as half the previous charge. Click on the Homesite and HIT "Request for Service" or CLICK contact me for additional info.
Thanx Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 03:57 PM

As a Gas Marketer myself, I can tell you that we are all at the mercy of AGL. However; Anyone can save money on their gas by switching to Stream Energy for free. Simply Click on http://dbrockenergy.mystreamenergy.biz/index.asp to 'Request Service' Sometimes the savings are half the previous charge.
DB

Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 PM

I work for the Gas Marketer IGNITE a division of Stream Energy. http://dbrockenergy.mystreamenergy.biz
I am often asked about the passthru charges from AGL. Anyone can switch to Stream for free and save money, sometimes as much as half the previous charge. Click on the Homesite and HIT "Request for Service" or contact me for additional info.
Thanx Don

Old 07-16-2011, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 7,000 times
Default Follow up on "Taking Action"

I got my A7 heat pump water heater installed on June 15. I plugged it into a watt hour meter when I installed it and today, July 17, I read the meter and it showed 45 kwh. I not sure if that is correct or not, because a power interuption to the meter might reset it to zero...I'm not sure. If the meter is correct, and I think it is, I used less than $5 to maintain the hot water in the 50gal tank for the past month.

As far as the hot water heater goes, I can't tell the difference in the hot water from the heat pump versus the electric element (which are off) or the gas hot water heater. I have my A7 set at 135"F and haven't noticed any variance in the hot water temp at all. When I run the hot water for a shower, it is always HOT. I can tell you that my unit doesn't run that much. Whenever I go down into the basement to check on it, it isn't running.

I put a deflector on the top of the A7 to direct the cold air discharge forward instead of straight up. I got the deflector at home depot for around $5 and it is normally used to deflect air on a wall register vent either upwards or downwards. The vent has a magnetic base for easy mounting and slides to adjust its width. It works perfectly to direct the cold air forward on the A7.
My installation has one of the old ventilation duct pipes running over the top of the A7 and the upward discharge air was hitting the pipe, deflection the cool air back toward the A7's intake. I didn't want that so I went looking for a deflector, and the wall register deflector works perfectly.

We'll have to see how well the heat pump water heater works this coming winter. I have the electric elements still installed, so all I have to do is flip a breaker if I want more hot water faster. So far, this hasn't happened or been an issue. I'm lovin' it...and I sure like paying $5 a month for hot water rather than $50+. My final gas bill that was only providing gas to my hot water heater and AGL's pocket was $57... Good riddance AGL!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 02:52 PM

1,531 posts, read 2,532,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur30024 View Post

I am using GAS SOuth and PASS through charge is $33.80 while his marketer is Georgia Natural Gas and he is paying only 12 something as pass through charge.
GA Natural Gas IS AGL. Shhh........

Old 08-08-2011, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,043 times
I just realized I have this bull**it charge on my bill also(Pass through charge of $19.95 and customer service charge of $5.75....I did not know to actually get service there is a surcharge!)......so much for deregulating and bringing competition in....thanks for jacking up my bill......what can we do?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:27 AM

14,398 posts, read 7,095,813 times
I was renting when deregulation went into place and was working for a gas company at the time so knew of the charges. So I went ahead and made sure I bought an all electric house and will always live in an all electric house due to the costs of gas and the extra charges brought on by deregulation.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:10 PM

3 posts, read 7,000 times
Follow up on Fujitsu heat pumps and A7 hot water heater. I love them both. The Fujitsu heat pumps keep the house warm even when the temperature outdoors dips down into the twenties over night. I have the units set at 70, and the house dips a little cooler by morning, but as it warms up a little outside, it gets back to temperature by around 10am. The indoor temperature doesn't drop because the house is pretty well insulated, and it keeps the drop from being uncomfortable. The A7 hot water heater in my basement has made enough hot water that I turned it down to 130. I can crank the hot water in the shower, and it is always hot enough for a HOT shower. The worst electric bill was my last one that I just saw today...$150 for the month of January, and it's my total energy consumption for the whole house....heating, hot water, lights, cooking, etc for the month. It's much cheaper than when I had a natural gas furnace with a gas hot water heater. This is a viable solution. My estimated payback for the conversion is about 3 years after all the rebates.

For what its worth, I really didn't do the heat pump conversion so much for heating as I did it for air conditioning. The Fujitsu's have a SEER rating of 26, so my AC bill should be really modest and I won't be paying the Atlanta Gas Light service every month through the summer just for hot water.

Up yours AGL and Sonny Purdue.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:30 PM

229 posts, read 384,516 times
All the folks in Georgia have done with deregulation is now allow (require) a middleman to "provide" the service. It was a stupid mistake back in '99 and will not be reversed anytime soon!

Old 02-12-2012, 04:54 PM

7,698 posts, read 9,534,752 times
They are called "marketers."

From what I can tell, that's all they do. They market themselves. That's all. Oh, and provide billing.

Readers, servicemen, and actually product delivery are all handled by Atlanta Gas & Light. It's a mind boggling system.

Right now I'm trying to convince the Georgia legislature to make me the sole marketer for Georgia Power. I'll spend all date marketing myself, I'll send you a bill, and I'll charge you a $5.95 service fee every month. That's the free market!!!!! You don't want Georgia Power to have a monopoly anymore, do you????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta