Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2009, 08:58 AM

13 posts, read 42,091 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody!

I have been reading this forum for a while now and find it very informative; people here are so helpful. Finally I registered and this is my first post; hope I get some guidance from you guys.

I am in the market to buy a 2 BR condo. I have lived in the suburb of Duluth for 2 years (rented) and I want to move towards the city (I am 34/single/male and the suburbs are not for me). I lived here primarily because my work is in Lawrenceville (11 miles) and the commute is 20 minutes. But now I am ready for a longer (about 25 miles and may be 30-35 minutes?).

So I started looking and I want to buy in a high-rise in Buckhead or Midtown. I have seen some units in Buckhead Grand, Eclipse, Plaza Midtown, and Twelve Atl Stn.

The reason I shortlisted these buildings is I want to live where I have shops/restaurants/bars/groceries/etc. in walking distance.

So far I have liked the Eclipse Buckhead most. And here are some questions I have about the choice:

1. About the commute: Eclipse buckhead is 24 miles from my workplace. I will need to go east on Pharr Rd, right on Piedmont and then take I85. I stay on the highway for 18.5 miles of the distance. I am being told that I will be commuting against the traffic both ways. Will that make my commute any easier/faster? What do you estimate based on your experience? I can be a little flexible with the timing, as in, leave a little late, around 9 or 9:30 AM if that helps.

2. About the views from the building: I researched the Streets of BuckHead project that is under construction right behind and around the Eclipse, and it sounds like they have 2 high-rise Hotel/Condo buildings planned; is there a way to find out where they will be located and how high/tall would they be? If I buy something on the back side of the Eclipse, will that block the view completely?

Please note that I am a first time home buyer and feel free to tell me anything that I should know. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 01:34 PM

20 posts, read 51,915 times
I'm looking into a condo in that area as well. Right now i'm looking at the mezzo

Old 02-01-2009, 01:37 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
^Mezzo has been converted to rentals until the market improves.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:41 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
^Mezzo has been converted to rentals until the market improves.
You are absolutely correct

FYI - the developer of Mezzo is also the developer of Aqua and the soon to be Mandarin Oriental.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta