Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:42 PM

68 posts, read 220,997 times

Advertisements

Sorry I forgot.....with respect to playing football again......you know it's bad enough that the moral standards in this country are going down the tubes.....why would anyone want their child to have a hero football player that did all those ugly things to those poor dogs........those poor dogs who had no choice..no voice...and no defense in the matter......what happened to our sports figures being " good " guys for the young boys to say " oh boy, I wanna be just like so and so....or isn't so and so the greatest " etc.......what young boy or young man could comment like that with Mr. Vick.....I mean it's disgraceful anyway a lot of those players.....let's leave this evil character out of the game and out of sight.....

Old 03-02-2009, 08:15 PM

8 posts, read 24,425 times
Why Sarah Palin get to killed Moose and Deer and rewarded but Vick is considered a dog murderer. What, dogs are considered more important then a Moose. What a crazy world we live in.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:18 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,819 times
You know they only see what they want to see.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:37 PM

440 posts, read 1,691,518 times
What are you nuts?? Dogs are pets...no I live in Maine and would never ever kill a moose...but killing a pet dog is ridiculous! What are you going to eat it? You sad fool!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:27 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,808,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappb View Post
Why Sarah Palin get to killed Moose and Deer and rewarded but Vick is considered a dog murderer. What, dogs are considered more important then a Moose. What a crazy world we live in.
You can say the same crap 1,000 times, and it still won't be comparable. Sarah Painlin isn't torturing, maiming, or brutally/inhumanely killing the moose, is she?

A mutilated "bait" dog...or is it a moose? I can't quite tell.

Badly Injured Bait Dog *Survivor* on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/15037437@N08/1833011467/ - broken link)

Dog Theft Sticker on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiostein/1389435088/ - broken link)

"Bait" puppy, barely rescued in time

bait dog saved in the nick of time. on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bugginout/3272538311/ - broken link)

One of the dogs rescued from Michael Vick's House of Death

Kinship Circle - 2007-08-02 - Michael Vick 2-01 on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/smiteme/1009464032/ - broken link)

Sickening results of dogfighting...one of her front legs had to be amputated. A human being caused this situation for his own selfish entertainment. He might as well have just taken a knife and skinned the dog alive.

Gypsy on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/steveverdon/2531691493/ - broken link)

Old 03-02-2009, 09:29 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej View Post
Be that as it may, he did his time for a felony while others are cheered and paid hansomely for similar sports. In Vick's case, is it the treatment of the animals or the level of the crime that makes it so bad?
The people of Spain have to deal with that! What does that have to do with vick and what he did to man best friend in the good old US of A? Educate yourself before speaking or typing or posting pics that have nothing to do with the thread.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:39 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN 777 View Post
Hmmmmmmmm reading some of the posts here I am almost compelled not to even engage in this conversation so I am going to keep it short....first of all...let us all try to REMEMBER....what type of person can pick up a dog and slam it to the ground till death...what type of person can put an innocent 6 month old puppy in with a grown dog that has been beaten, starved and God only knows what else to make it "mean"....and tie that 6 month old puppy while the older dog has a field day with the constant nudging and pushing of his " owner " or " caretaker "....in the meantime the puppy is ripped practically to shreds crying out in pain...but in vain...to deaf ears...ears that do not hear the cry of pain coming from a living thing.....this is also part of dog fighting...it is not just about two dogs fighting like our boxers and wrestlers do......oh no....there is a LONG list of constant abuse. beatings..starvings..females in " rape " stands...how disgusting....puppies being killed......dogs FORCED to fight and beaten, electrocuted, hung, slammed to the ground if they cannot perform....now I call ANYONE that is involved in any way shape or form in this barbaric act of " entertainment " and MONEY to be extremely sick sick sick and evil human beings.......PURE EVIL....now I like the one with the bull and the matador...that's good....we talk peaches you wanna talk apples....sorry that's another topic and also let me say a horrific and sick and evil form of entertainment...to watch the bull die a slow and painful death....you see there are many many evil un-compassionate and without conscience or any type of feeling for a living, breathing animal people out there....they are all over....that's why there is so much animal abuse and probably just as much child abuse.....because anyone that can do these things to animals is not NORMAL......
I agree with you. Just goes to show you what kind of creeps walk this earth and yes they are right here in the USA! These are the same idiots that post on the aol forums.....they have absoutely no education! What has become of this country. I will tell you, it has become a melting pot of garbage! I am off and leaving this thread knowing that vick will never make a cent at any job. No one will hire him except his own kind! And for those who commit horrendous abuse on helpless animals that rely on man to protect them, will all pay their dues someday! What goes around comes around! Good post Titan!
I think it is time for the Moderator to close this thread!

Last edited by Blondie621; 03-02-2009 at 09:52 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 07:35 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,094,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenourtv View Post
Blondie you don't know what is really right or wrong. Nobody does. No one in here has the right to judge Mike Vick. In reality we do not know what is really right. Laws were made to prevent humanity from getting out of control. It is in our nature to lose control. We abide by these laws or else serious consequences would happen to the individual who breaks them.

Why is it wrong to force dogs to fight? Why is it right to kill minks and tigers for their fur. Why is it legal to have sex with a 13 year old girl in one country, but it is illegal to have sex with a 13 year old girl here in the USA. What makes America right and the rest of the world wrong?

Mike Vick was caught doing something illegal and he payed his dues. None of us has the right to say what he did was wrong because we do not really know if what he did was wrong. Most people in reality just think he is a bad person because he broke the law. If dogfighting was determined to be legal many years ago we would not be having this conversation and Mike Vick would still be the QB for the Atlanta Falcons.

I feel you. I agreee 100%

Old 03-03-2009, 07:42 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,094,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITAN 777 View Post
Sorry I forgot.....with respect to playing football again......you know it's bad enough that the moral standards in this country are going down the tubes.....why would anyone want their child to have a hero football player that did all those ugly things to those poor dogs........those poor dogs who had no choice..no voice...and no defense in the matter......what happened to our sports figures being " good " guys for the young boys to say " oh boy, I wanna be just like so and so....or isn't so and so the greatest " etc.......what young boy or young man could comment like that with Mr. Vick.....I mean it's disgraceful anyway a lot of those players.....let's leave this evil character out of the game and out of sight.....

Thats the problem stop trying to have these kids looking up to these atheletes etc Parents need to be role models for there kids.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 AM

1,357 posts, read 5,466,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
And where was all The outrage when they could still LEGALLY fight roosters in Louisiana? I guess they aren't as important as dogs.
That is now illegal: Daily Independent (Ashland, KY) - Unconstitutional — 04/04/08
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta