U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,668,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yecal View Post
Why keep hating Michael Vick? Why does a young, successful black man have to pay so dearly for his mistakes or messup when we have the "white cats" of the last administration, wall street and these large corporations are going free after totally destroying our economy and starting several wars.

Besides, what's worse, fighting dogs or sending our young folk to fight an unjust war in a foreign land for self-gratifying monetary reasons that benefit yourself and your "top dog" buddies? GDummierBush did just that and you don't and didn't hear much criticism of that administration from the southern states, especially Georgia. There are some who are still convinced that GDubbya is a smart man. He is irrelevant now but should go to jail for his crimes and for being so dumb.

Michael has paid dearly for his crime so let him be and address some of the more pressing issues of our times.

I know right its ridiculous. I had 2 cousins to get killed in the war

Old 02-17-2009, 03:07 PM

331 posts, read 625,366 times
someone could have posted "Michael Vick" --- and nothing else --- and this thread would have gone the same way.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:56 PM

86 posts, read 438,181 times
I personally can't wait to see him back in action, and see if he still has it. I couldn't care less about his personal life, or what he did to get put in jail. It didn't affect me one bit, none of my dogs got killed, so I don't give a $hit. I love watching the man play football, period.

And I'm WHITE BTW.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_guy View Post
I personally can't wait to see him back in action, and see if he still has it. I couldn't care less about his personal life, or what he did to get put in jail. It didn't affect me one bit, none of my dogs got killed, so I don't give a $hit. I love watching the man play football, period.

And I'm WHITE BTW.

LOL The last line was funny. Yeah I am ready to see him play Again I remember after he left ...the Falcons had went down the Drain. all you use to hear was Vick this and VIck that . But i Hope the Falcons can bring home a title with Matt ryan.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:42 PM

54 posts, read 148,857 times
I get so sick of people coming down on Michael Vick...he was involved in Dog fighting. Get over it! To me it's not that serious. I mean don't get me wrong I'm a dog lover just like the next person. Take a look at the man on wall street that stole billions of dollars from people and all he got was house arrest. Can you believe it. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND ALL YOU GET IS HOUSE ARREST. Mike has a few dog fights in his own back yard and he goes to jail for years, loses a bunch of endorsments, looking to file bancrupty. That is crazy! We're in the middle of a ridiculous war that people...yes people are dying everyday...but I bet those PETA people are cool with that. Hurry home Michael!!

Old 02-18-2009, 04:16 PM

2,999 posts, read 6,685,787 times
BuckheadBetty1, they have another person that has stolen BILLIONS too: SEC charges Texas financier with 'massive' fraud | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/business/content/shared-gen/ap/Finance_General/Stanford_SEC_Charges.html - broken link) I beat he'll be on house arrest too getting his massages and eating fine food while he figures out where and how to keep the money he stole.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:33 PM

331 posts, read 625,366 times
Not to be a fact checker - but Madoff has not been to trial nor sentenced - Mike was free as well before he was convicted and sentenced ---Madoff will never see the light of day after he is sentenced. We are in the middle of a war - but we have a volunteer military - if we still had the draft you would have a great point.

I would encourage you to go watch a pit bull fight---if you can find one. You may think it is 'just dogs' - but watch one, see who attends, and then make a judgement.

go Mike.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:50 PM

500 posts, read 1,378,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yecal View Post
Why keep hating Michael Vick? Why does a young, successful black man have to pay so dearly for his mistakes or messup when we have the "white cats" of the last administration, wall street and these large corporations are going free after totally destroying our economy and starting several wars.

Besides, what's worse, fighting dogs or sending our young folk to fight an unjust war in a foreign land for self-gratifying monetary reasons that benefit yourself and your "top dog" buddies? GDummierBush did just that and you don't and didn't hear much criticism of that administration from the southern states, especially Georgia. There are some who are still convinced that GDubbya is a smart man. He is irrelevant now but should go to jail for his crimes and for being so dumb.

Michael has paid dearly for his crime so let him be and address some of the more pressing issues of our times.
Amen to that one. He did his time now lets move on. I believe everyone deserves a second chance.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:25 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,822,217 times
The crazy thing about this is that some people think that Mike should be sentenced to lethal injection or tortured. When I was in TN some lady actually told me that Mike needs to be set on fire, I was like "Hold up now"; I like dogs and own one but draw the line somewhere.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:56 AM

Those same Pitbulls that he was fighting are the same dogs many states are trying to pass a law to keep them out of certain states. SO many people and kids have been attack by those type dogs . I wonder what people say about that when the dogs chews or bites a humans throat are they precious animals then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta