U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 09:52 AM

545 posts, read 538,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead Betty1 View Post
Dog fighting is wrong...however I don't think that one person should be treated differently then another just because they may be a celeb. The key words were...up to. I have yet to hear of anyone else that got jail time, and lost as much as he has. That's great if there is a website committed to the stopping of animal testing...but are they in jail what have they lost? PETA may have made a big deal about puppy mills, but to me they seemed to have made way more noise about Michael. I really hate to say it....but I bet if it was Brett Farve who would have been guilty of the same crime, he would not have gotten all that Michael did. It's sad but has been true on many occasions.

I agree you are 100% correct!
There are so many other things to worry about! I am sure Vick is sorry for his mistakes--It is time to let go and move on--How do you feel about this criminal? Disgraced financier Bernard Madoff is placed under house arrest his A.. should be in JAIL .........
Rehabilitation--Why have it if you are not going to give a person a 2nd chance. I am sure many of the people who cry the loudest have done far more acute crimes... I will NOT knock a man when he is down. I love DOGS, would never hurt a dog! Although, my granddaughters ShiPoo, did something that made me very, very upset. I forgave & moved on.....
VICK will not repeat himself.....He has paid enough! give the man a 2nd chance.
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE...Think positive!

Old 02-20-2009, 10:46 AM

54 posts, read 148,494 times
I would love to see him play for my team...The Eagles! Trade McNabb...and send him to the city of Brotherly Love :-)

Old 02-20-2009, 02:11 PM

7,848 posts, read 17,820,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
I agree you are 100% correct!
There are so many other things to worry about! I am sure Vick is sorry for his mistakes--It is time to let go and move on--How do you feel about this criminal? Disgraced financier Bernard Madoff is placed under house arrest his A.. should be in JAIL .........
Rehabilitation--Why have it if you are not going to give a person a 2nd chance. I am sure many of the people who cry the loudest have done far more acute crimes... I will NOT knock a man when he is down. I love DOGS, would never hurt a dog! Although, my granddaughters ShiPoo, did something that made me very, very upset. I forgave & moved on.....
VICK will not repeat himself.....He has paid enough! give the man a 2nd chance.
GIVE PEACE A CHANCE...Think positive!
And you are "getting over" all of the other crap he has pulled in his career? He is a constant problem, and will continue to be a constant problem for whatever team he's a part of.

When someone is convicted of a sex crime, we don't just "get over it" and forget about - their name is kept on a list and they are limited as to where they can live...it's a lifetime thing. I'm not comparing these two crimes, just as I wouldn't compare a finacial crime to dogfighting. But Michael Vick was involved in a vicious, cruel, inhumane lifestyle and I don't believe that a decent human being could ever be involved in such a thing. I don't ever care to lay eyes on the man again, especially not playing for my hometown team.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:14 PM

7,848 posts, read 17,820,121 times
Quote:
Dog fighting is wrong...however I don't think that one person should be treated differently then another just because they may be a celeb. The key words were...up to. I have yet to hear of anyone else that got jail time, and lost as much as he has. That's great if there is a website committed to the stopping of animal testing...but are they in jail what have they lost? PETA may have made a big deal about puppy mills, but to me they seemed to have made way more noise about Michael. I really hate to say it....but I bet if it was Brett Farve who would have been guilty of the same crime, he would not have gotten all that Michael did. It's sad but has been true on many occassions.
There have been MANY convictions for dogfighting, and the penalty in Georgia is 1 to 5 years for the first offense - not "up to" 5 years - and 5 to 10 years for the second offense.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,785 times
you can read the "real" story behind the headlines in this satire about Vick

[url]http://www.satireandcomment.com/0807vick.html[/url]

enjoy:-)

Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
And you are "getting over" all of the other crap he has pulled in his career? He is a constant problem, and will continue to be a constant problem for whatever team he's a part of.

When someone is convicted of a sex crime, we don't just "get over it" and forget about - their name is kept on a list and they are limited as to where they can live...it's a lifetime thing. I'm not comparing these two crimes, just as I wouldn't compare a financial crime to dogfighting. But Michael Vick was involved in a vicious, cruel, inhumane lifestyle and I don't believe that a decent human being could ever be involved in such a thing. I don't ever care to lay eyes on the man again, especially not playing for my hometown team.

"WHATEVER"

Long live the WASHINGTON REDSKINS AND THE BALTIMORE RAVENS

Do not have time to agree or disagree. That is your problem, I will never hold on to anger, it is nonproductive a waste of energy that could used doing things that are constructive---You are entitle to your opinion and I am entitle to mine---Holding on to Hate, Anger is not one of the things I choose to do. BTW, it is easy to point a finger at others without looking in the back of our own closet--I know you are not perfect. My recommendations are classes for Anger Management
Your hometown team

THE BOTTOM LINE: Calm down, take a chill pill let hate and anger go....

Last edited by MegaJoy; 02-22-2009 at 06:09 AM..

Old 02-22-2009, 09:40 AM

2,816 posts, read 9,201,586 times
Quote:
I would love to see him play for my team...The Eagles! Trade McNabb...and send him to the city of Brotherly Love :-)
Not on a dime. As a die hard life long fan of the Blessed Eagles, why would you want this thug in the lineup. McNabb is getting up in sports years and has many nagging injuries, however with this said McNabb is not the main issue with the constant chocking year after year, it is the offensive line. McNabb is one of the largest QB's in the league, but after spending year after year and down after down on his back drilled into the turf, you cannot expect grand performance.

Vick for the Eagles. Outside the fact that he should not allowed in the league along with any other felon for that matter, if he is again, make it the Cowboys or Bengals. At least they have full time parole officers on staff

Blame McNabb all you want but he was and with the proper line will still be a good QB. He is a good man, loves his Momma, eats his Chunky Soup, and obeys the law Wanting Vick for the Eagles, then you are no true fan. You must be one of the private weather protected suite yuppies. Come to the 700 level with the real fans!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post

When someone is convicted of a sex crime, we don't just "get over it" and forget about - their name is kept on a list and they are limited as to where they can live...it's a lifetime thing. I'm not comparing these two crimes, just as I wouldn't compare a finacial crime to dogfighting. But Michael Vick was involved in a vicious, cruel, inhumane lifestyle and I don't believe that a decent human being could ever be involved in such a thing. I don't ever care to lay eyes on the man again, especially not playing for my hometown team.

Amen Brother DeaconJ So sayeth' the Deacon, so sayeth' the flock
Proof in the puddin' look at the Falcons' with Vick and his click and look now after they cleaned house.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Amen Brother DeaconJ:OK: So sayeth' the Deacon, so sayeth' the flock
Proof in the puddin' look at the Falcons' with Vick and his click and look now after they cleaned house.

Who is the Deacon?
Do I detect a bit of anger in your fonts?
I am not going to put Mike Vick down b/c of what has happen. The man has apologized DEACON & Georgia get over it and move on.

Last edited by MegaJoy; 02-22-2009 at 12:51 PM..

Old 02-22-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post

Who is the Deacon?
Do I detect a bit of anger in your fonts?
I am not going to put Mike Vick down b/c of what has happen. The man has apologized DEACON & Georgia get over it and move on.
I'm over it, have been. Hey! I just don't wan't him playing for my Blessed Eagles
And how dare you get all bold fontie to a fellow Terps Fan!!! Shame on you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta