U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,454,197 times

Advertisements

Mary Norwood has a strong lead over her opponents in the race to be Atlanta's next Mayor according to a new poll conducted by Lake Research Partners. The poll surveyed 400 likely voters on February 3 to 5.

To read the poll, click here http://www.marynorwoodformayor.com/i...rwood_poll.pdf.
To read Lake Research Partners' analysis of the results, click here http://www.marynorwoodformayor.com/i..._f2_021109.pdf.

Drawing on every demographic group and area of the city, Norwood's base of support is both wide and deep, and she is the best known member of the Atlanta City Council. "Mary Norwood has more support than all the other candidates combined. She is supported by a broad coalition made up of white and African-American voters all over the city. Norwood has 39% of the vote, followed by Reed at 9%, Mitchell at 7%, and Spikes at 1%," says David Mermin, a partner with Lake Research.

"Mary Norwood currently has the highest name recognition and favorability of any tested candidate. Seventy percent of voters have an opinion of Mary Norwood, and 61% have a favorable opinion of her. No other candidate is known by more than 30% of the voters. Norwood's favorability is high in every region of the city and with both men and women."

Norwood says, "I am gratified by these results. They show that Atlantans appreciate that I've been in their neighborhoods year after year, not just at election time. It shows that they hunger for change. They want their city to work for them again. I am the candidate of change."

Source - www.marynorwoodformayor.com - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or