U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:46 PM

262 posts, read 596,678 times

Advertisements

Hey Kelly, its not hard to match the front windows for tint on an suv or truck. I had my old truck done that way, it looked excellent, always got compliments! You just dont want to go like limo dark, because then, like Divine said, can be dangerous especially at night. If you get someone to match your tint, make sure they use the correct color match, otherwise you might have two different color tints and will look bad lol. It also keeps the summer heat out and people too from peeking into your car to see whats in there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 07:13 PM

19 posts, read 36,329 times
Tinted windows on your home are good for the summer, but you probably wouldn't want them for the winter. Good shades will do the trick in the summer. You want to open your shades on the south side of your house during the day in the winter, though, to let some sunlight in that will help heat your house. If your windows are drafty, you might consider caulking them or taking advantage of the tax credit to get some replacement windows Atlanta can even get chilly in the winter, and the summer air conditioning costs may go down a little with an upgrade.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 4,131 times
CityFriend1, understand that one of the biggest reasons a residential window film installation is done is to help reduce the causes of fading and sun damage to home furnishings and this is a year round problem, not just in the summer. In fact, many have a more severe sun exposure in the winter since the sun is lower in the horizon and you may lose the leaves in the fall that may offer some protection in the summer months. We can also have days during the winter when it gets unseasonably warm and while one side of the house is blasted by the sun, another room may be in the shade and the right window film can help balance out these temperature differences.
High performance window films can offer the similar or better protection than many high performance windows while still allowing the homeowner to enjoy the light and maintaining the view. Regardless, whatever glass type they may have, single pane, clear dual pane or high performance dual pane, you can increase the performance and protection with the right window film choice and there are many year round benefits.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:05 PM

3 posts, read 5,924 times
Try Oasis Tint in Lawrenceville, tell them Veeral w/ a Silver ISF, sent ya there...

They took VERY well care of me and definitely quality work!

Everyone was correct, 32% is the legal limit in GA.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:33 PM

625 posts, read 562,103 times
wow, what a surprise one of biggest threads of Atlanta forum is all about window tinting.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,585,285 times
and bumped by advertisers

Old 02-25-2010, 08:13 PM

14 posts, read 15,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Exacctllyy! You can tell some folks aren't too street smart lol. I don't feel like its the law's place to tell me how dark my tint can be. And if You use mirror tint they harass you even more.

Just like its not their place to make me wear my seatbelt. If I want to get thrown out thats my choice. People worry too much about following the law regardless of how ridiculous it may be.

Im the type to tell them NO They can't search my car when I get pulled over even though there's nothing illegal in it. Then They get happy and call the drug dog thinking they have a bust Then get pissed when the dog doesn't tip off drugs so They still can't do anything but let me go lol

One time i told them yes because it was like 20 degrees out side And when They saw my gun They took my clip out And unloaded all of the bullets in the front seat, put my gun in the dash Then threw my clip in the trunk and told me to load it whenever I got where I was goin. The one time I was actually being nice too.
It's part of the job to protect idiots from themselves, that's why the seatbelt law. As far as the tint, it's more about them being able to see you if they stop you. Do what you want, just dont be surprised if everytime you get pulled over, the officer has his gun drawn and makes you put down all the windows or makes you sit there for 20 minutes while he waits for another car

Old 02-26-2010, 07:14 AM

7,738 posts, read 10,014,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneJ213 View Post
It's part of the job to protect idiots from themselves, that's why the seatbelt law. As far as the tint, it's more about them being able to see you if they stop you. Do what you want, just dont be surprised if everytime you get pulled over, the officer has his gun drawn and makes you put down all the windows or makes you sit there for 20 minutes while he waits for another car
Exactly, and having tint that is obviously too dark is like putting a big sign on your car that says "PULL ME OVER...PLEASE." When you give the cops cause to pull you over, such as tint that is obviously too dark, then they are more apt to go on a fishing expedition, and why not? If you're that blatant about breaking one law, then it's not a stretch to suppose you may have broken others.

As stated, the reason tint laws exist is to protect police and the public (ever try to see out of a dark tinted window or windshield at night?). I have tint on my car, but it's legal in almost all states (measures about 36%), and the one time I was pulled over a couple of years ago, I rolled down my window and turned on my dome light to ensure the cop didn't feel threatened.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,178 times
I was thinking about getting the sparkle tint. Do you think its a good idea or should i just do 15%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta