Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 01:01 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
Are you talking homes or cars? If cars, call Avril Sheepskin. If they don't do it themselves they'll recommend a good place. If for homes, we did it and frankly, it was a total ripoff. Just get some sun shades.
The previous owners of our house had the family room windows tinted, and I want to remove it. Have you tried to take yours off Sweettea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 01:41 PM

381 posts, read 506,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoffman View Post
Another aspect of the lawlessness in Atlanta. I've seen numerous cars with all 4 windows adorned with limo tint and/or darker on the roads here. No one seems to care, apparently it's legal although not allowed everywhere else on the planet but here.
dark tint is legal for all except front windshield, driver and passenger sides for SUV's. lighter tint for all except front windshield is legal. each state has a specific percentage (20-25% is usually normal legal limit).

those with limo tint on driver and passenger side is an accident waiting to happen.

-a|ex

Old 02-24-2009, 02:53 PM

341 posts, read 1,337,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
dark tint is legal for all except front windshield, driver and passenger sides for SUV's. lighter tint for all except front windshield is legal. each state has a specific percentage (20-25% is usually normal legal limit).

those with limo tint on driver and passenger side is an accident waiting to happen.

-a|ex

Limo tint on the driver and passenger side is somewhat hard at first to drive with, but you get used to it. However if your driving on a country road at night with no street lights then you might have a problem. In the city or the burbs on a street with at least some lighting you should be fine. And I have 5% on all my windows and I have 20% on my front windsheild. Yes I know its illegal but I will gladly pay the $65-125 fine if I get a ticket, tint on the front windsheild makes your car look soooo gooooood! When I drive down the street the only thing you can see are my hands on the steering wheel, and thats the way I want it. Lots of people dont know this but window tint cuts down on people breaking in your car and it also cuts down your chances of getting car jacked. A thief or a jacker is going to think twice about a car that he cant see inside to see who or what is in it.

Last edited by Crazy Virgo Child; 02-24-2009 at 03:02 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 04:20 PM

27 posts, read 94,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post

There is a dude who always has an ad on Craigslist named Billy under the auto parts section. He uses Sun Guard tint and he does good work, plus he is cheap and he can come to you. Window tint IMO makes any car look waaaayyy better

thanks

Old 02-24-2009, 04:26 PM

27 posts, read 94,333 times
can't find billy listing on craigslist....i see kevin and craig...

Old 02-24-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From239to404 View Post
Ok, maybe Billy was wrong (thats what I called him) But if you cant find him he has a picture of himself on his ad, just look for the middle aged white guy. I'll look and see if I still have his number though.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From239to404 View Post
Check your private mail box

Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Virgo Child View Post
. Lots of people dont know this but window tint cuts down on people breaking in your car and it also cuts down your chances of getting car jacked. A thief or a jacker is going to think twice about a car that he cant see inside to see who or what is in it.

Exacctllyy! You can tell some folks aren't too street smart lol. I don't feel like its the law's place to tell me how dark my tint can be. And if You use mirror tint they harass you even more.

Just like its not their place to make me wear my seatbelt. If I want to get thrown out thats my choice. People worry too much about following the law regardless of how ridiculous it may be.

Im the type to tell them NO They can't search my car when I get pulled over even though there's nothing illegal in it. Then They get happy and call the drug dog thinking they have a bust Then get pissed when the dog doesn't tip off drugs so They still can't do anything but let me go lol

One time i told them yes because it was like 20 degrees out side And when They saw my gun They took my clip out And unloaded all of the bullets in the front seat, put my gun in the dash Then threw my clip in the trunk and told me to load it whenever I got where I was goin. The one time I was actually being nice too.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:55 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,112 times
Georgia's legal limit is 32% for passenger vehicles.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:40 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,357,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Exacctllyy! You can tell some folks aren't too street smart lol. I don't feel like its the law's place to tell me how dark my tint can be. And if You use mirror tint they harass you even more.

Just like its not their place to make me wear my seatbelt. If I want to get thrown out thats my choice. People worry too much about following the law regardless of how ridiculous it may be.

Im the type to tell them NO They can't search my car when I get pulled over even though there's nothing illegal in it. Then They get happy and call the drug dog thinking they have a bust Then get pissed when the dog doesn't tip off drugs so They still can't do anything but let me go lol

One time i told them yes because it was like 20 degrees out side And when They saw my gun They took my clip out And unloaded all of the bullets in the front seat, put my gun in the dash Then threw my clip in the trunk and told me to load it whenever I got where I was goin. The one time I was actually being nice too.
Wow....you are such a badass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta