U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-24-2009, 01:48 PM
 
270 posts, read 832,576 times
Reputation: 194

Advertisements

I looked at the Georgia Department of Labor site today and noticed:

GA unemployment rate: 8.1%
US unemployment rate: 7.2%
See for yourself at: Georgia Department of Labor

http://www.dol.state.ga.us/pdf/pr/lf_georgia.pdf



Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2009, 02:00 PM
 
1,755 posts, read 5,020,133 times
Reputation: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by srnyong View Post
I looked at the Georgia Department of Labor site today and noticed:

GA unemployment rate: 8.1%
US unemployment rate: 7.2%
See for yourself at: Georgia Department of Labor

http://www.dol.state.ga.us/pdf/pr/lf_georgia.pdf


Well, I'm going to take heat for this, but with the huge amount of infrastructure money we're going to get, many of the illegal immigrants will still have work and not have to contribute tax money to the fact that they have the work in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 02:10 PM
 
Location: Atlanta,Ga
826 posts, read 2,786,204 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
Well, I'm going to take heat for this, but with the huge amount of infrastructure money we're going to get, many of the illegal immigrants will still have work and not have to contribute tax money to the fact that they have the work in the first place.
They pay sales tax, real estate taxes( through renting) and many actually pay payroll taxes by using fake SSN's. They actually contribute Billions to Social Security, 10-15% of SS receipt are from illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM
 
248 posts, read 557,079 times
Reputation: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
They pay sales tax, real estate taxes( through renting) and many actually pay payroll taxes by using fake SSN's. They actually contribute Billions to Social Security, 10-15% of SS receipt are from illegals.
Very interesting -- thanks for pointing this out, Merin. I'd never considered that illegals contribute to social security. I actually was doubtful at first but found an article on it here:
Generations - Journal Article
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top